Pure Child

Pure Child

A Story by CarolynLewisPoe
"

something we all wish to be....at one point or another

"

A small white rose is planted in the shade of a tall Sakura tree in Aidan Japan.

Through the long days and nights, as it began to grow, the elements and human attractions and temperments, were first to reach it's soft petals. The young white bloom cleaves to the strong roots of the blossoming Sakura for protection, warmth and life. As it's days ebbed on, life took it's toll on the beautiful flower as humans continued to bring the dust and dirt of earth on to the fragile flower's being. Eventually, the rose became too burdened down to look beautiful any longer and began to wither and fade, it's once lavish white color turned ashen and dull. After a long year's waiting, a gentle hand carefully, painstakingly dug up the overgrown weeds surrounding the drooping bloom. Although the white rose wanted to stay in the comfort of it's only friend, the Sakura, it had no strength left to fight and thus succumbed to the warm hands of the stranger. The flower was transported to a small pot with fresh, clean soil and dark green fertilizer. It was watched over and cared for, watered and nurtured back to it's original beauty and vigor, but not until after many moons had passed and the soot and dirt was removed. The caring stranger, knowing the longing the white rose had for it's Sakura, ventured back to put it back by the strong roots of the gentle tree. Then, not wanting to see it get any further harm, placed a small red fence around the white rose and gave it the promise to come back and watch it continue to grow in beauty. Despite animals, humans and elements alike, the combination of the Sakura, the red fence and the caring stranger were just enough to let the rose rest in peace and comfort. True, it somtimes got a curious passerby's attention and a speck of dirt nestled its self inside the petals, or a small child plucked at the leaves and got a little too close but it wasn't anything the stranger couldn't fix with just a bit of time, love and care. At the end of the white rose's life the kind stranger afixed a small sign to the little red fence that read, "Kiyoko", and the now old rose rested forever underneath the boughs of the strong, silent Sakura tree......

© 2010 CarolynLewisPoe


Author's Note

CarolynLewisPoe
As always, ignore grammar and tenses and such....just let me know what you think....i'm happy to take questions, comments and the like...Thank you so much everyone.....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice story and has quite a lot of worldly applications

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

367 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 20, 2010
Last Updated on August 20, 2010

Author

CarolynLewisPoe
CarolynLewisPoe

wouldn't you like to know! ;p.....



About
Hi. I'm Carolyn Lewis Poe on here. I have c h o s e n that pen n a m e because they a r e the combined n a m e s of some o f my favorite w r i t e r s, Carolyn Keen, a u t h o r of the N a n c y Drew .. more..

Writing