Time Will Tell

Time Will Tell

A Poem by forfila

Where are we headed in this world
Has fate predetermined our destiny
Are we destined to return to righteous,
Or have we travelled a wrong path for too long
Do we now search for non existent answers.

I clutch hope for its purpose
But is my grasp in earnest
It hurts when,
we try so hard to do right,
yet there are those who choose hate
and willingly display it before our eyes.

Lord,
will they ever get a grasp of the spirit
or is self centered ness destined to reign over the wider humanity
Is the pain to great for some,
the anger too much in their ancestry to forgive
If so
Then which becomes the greater sin.

Will we ever manage to move toward a common cause
Will we ever be able to rid leaders of the now necessary power of force
Will we ever be as one accord
Will we ever learn that love is the source.

Will our efforts be in vein
Will we have to witness the torture of humanities "realizing too late"
Will we continue to push tomorrow,
or will we learn to seize the day.

Jesus,
You are the light
and you are the way
You were a King among men
and my love for you shall stay

Teach me to teach,
teach me to reach
and teach me to be all I can be.

 

© 2008 forfila


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Sob" Matt, this is so beautiful, You are quite the poet who speaks with a definate air of authority, which is indeed the only way to speak on the right side of your subject matter. You make so many good points on righteous behaviour that I can't decide which to go with, but I think 'Teach me all I can be' did it for me. It says so much about humility and love of fellow man...thank you and kudos for a job of teaching well done.
Cheers Matt,
Helen :-)))))

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i lve this.
if only my dad gained faith in him agian my life would have less worries

Posted 16 Years Ago


This poem says so much. I too ask of things your poem does.

:) Great job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Thank you for that! Jesus is the answer.

Posted 16 Years Ago


What is so frustrating, is all of the evil in this world causes the Christians (who truly want to become more like Jesus), begin to harbour animosity for the bad. I am guilty of this. If the world would come together, we could change. But the problem is that there are too many trends, too many drugs, too much negative. I guess we can only focus on ourselves and pray for the rest. I like that you address this in a well worded poem. Nice work. Keep it up!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


"Teach me to teach
teach me to reach
and teach me to be all I can be"

Wow, that closing line was so amazing. This poem is beautiful, I had to bit my lip at points not to cry. The way you write is different from what I normally see and I love it. You did a wonderful job here. Please keep writing because I am definitely addicted to your work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dude, I really enjoyed this piece of art. Yes I meant to say art. Cause writing of this level is an art that not many have mastered.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very true and Very deep. You have a natural talent!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is a beautiful prayer. I fear that we don't learn from our mistakes and history does repeat it's atrocities but all we can do is the best we can and keep looking forward into love.

Just a small suggestion... you might try removing the repetitions in 4th and 5th stanza's, I'm not sure they need to be there but that might just be me :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very painful piece and describing true and raw emotions, even I can feel the pain and the sense of suffering behind each and every line.
Very heartfelt and beautifully written :)


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Dearest Matthew,

OUR greatest hope in life is that people will recognize OUR goodness... This I can profess, with the full extent of my heart, soul and body (the mind is a whole other creature).

WE come to a point in life - why should we forgive when others fail to see that goodness?

Jesus has given us an abundance of love, allowing our heart to flow unto others despite a poor return. HE loves us... HIS Father loves us... and yet we still put a concrete wall up and refuse to allow that forgiveness to take its course.

When we come to a point in our lives that we must rely on others for a helping hand - this brings us back into humanity. This need; acts as a 'wrecking ball' of hope... despite how we may stand strong and put up a front, that 'wrecking ball' will soon force the wall down and allow us to remember what it feels like to put our pride aside and obtain Faith again. Hence a reincarnation of that love� within us all.

We will see the love of Jesus again - if we only open our eyes... HE is everywhere. We look at one another through false lenses. We don't see that HE lives inside us - if not only through our Spiritualism (the spirit of love through our Jesus living inside us). Religion - church going - paying a false prophet for prayer - this is not (what I interpret as) what HE intended.

Let us realize that Jesus gave us free-will - by rights to express, give, love and grow in His shadow. Not to penalize those who don't see all of his wonders, at the moment. We ALL will.

I do know that His spirit lives within me.

This is why I believe in Spiritualism. Allow others to see this beauty in us... and eventually like an airborne disease - they will catch on.

This is why, I believe, forcing Jesus, God, or Religion down others throats is inappropriate. HE will see to it that we all believe somehow, someway, one day...

Thank you for your prayer, Dear Matthew, we all can use a little help in our Faith.

AMEN,

Candi~ Writer Of Life


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

640 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 21, 2008
Last Updated on February 28, 2008

Author

forfila
forfila

Auckland, New Zealand



About
more..

Writing
Yet Yet

A Poem by forfila


The Meantime The Meantime

A Poem by forfila


Great Unkown Great Unkown

A Poem by forfila



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..