My Heroin

My Heroin

A Poem by Casey Dusek
"

This is in-fact about a person, but as a kind reviewer did point out, 'addictions', no matter the form, do take us all to the same place.

"
Who am I? I am an angry girl. You led me to believe you held a cure for every kind of pain that I harbored. You gently embraced me, as I let you lick my hollow veins. Right now I don't truly know what led me to your door. But I'd come knocking everyday. Everyday of my life. You knew I was weak, and when I tried to run from you,  you followed. Taunting me with sickness and fear. But I did something I swore I'd never do, and it tore me from the inside out. I can't take it back. Or else I would. You twisted me into your image. A nutcase, a liar, a thief. You claimed me as your own, letting me know real fast I had no options left. You were killing me, everyone could see. You weren't only hurting me. You're the black veiled monster, hand-in-hand with death. It was you that I wish I'd never met. Now you've moved on. I pried your grip from my wrists. But still, your hand prints are imprinted on my body. You've come and gone. But it's me who'll never be the same. Burn in hell... my heroin.

© 2014 Casey Dusek


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Addictions connect so many people in various ways, even feeling others adict pain still. They are not able to sort themselves out. I loved your strong writing and messages. Well done my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is very well done! I love reading poetry that has a direction and is made powerful through the writers' emotions! This was a great poem and I hope you continue to write more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The intensity and the message is awesome. I loved every word and sentence.

Posted 12 Years Ago


How intense, and deep. The format it was written in paragraph form like that kind of confused me for a minute, but then I was good xD
I also liked the line, "I pried your grip from my wrists. But still, your hand prints are imprinted on my body." Very good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"It was you I wish i'd never met. Now you've moved on. I pried your grip from my wrists. But still, your hand prints are imprinted on my body."!
Excellent!!! Very powerful write! Great job

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's amazing how all addictions take people to the same place. You piece is gripping. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 24, 2011
Last Updated on July 25, 2014

Author

Casey Dusek
Casey Dusek

Chicago, IL



About
ATTENTION: I will NOT, under any circumstances review books, chapters, stories, or screenplays unless personally (Keyword personally, I don't want some automated message you send everyone) asked to do.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..