Thunder

Thunder

A Poem by Casey
"

This is a poem about how a short but powerful act can change you forever which is what I describe as "thunder"

"
Darkness, that's exactly how it was before the terrible change.
I was told that my life would be easy, and they were right, but not for long.
It was cold, and it was windy, it felt strange.
It's like I can hear their voices in my head spinning, like something was wrong.

Fighting the urge to run away, with curiosity was so tempting.
They also told me to focus on the present, but if I did that then I wouldn't be able to plan ahead.
It was scary, the time was slipping out of my grasp like i lost sight of something.
The lessons they taught me started to lose sense to the point where if I didn't believe them, that I would dread.

Scared of the loud noise, scared of the end of the sound.
With every lesson I was taught, the more and more worried I became.
Just then, a flash brighter than heaven, but only for a split second, then the noise came back to shake the ground.
The one lesson they taught me that I will always believe is once you see the true power of thunder, you'll never be the same.

© 2022 Casey


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The poem conveyed to me a slight feeling of anxiety or possibly a feeling of phonophobia, a very immersive read.


Lathen

Posted 2 Years Ago


deep but yet wonderful write, enjoyed this

Posted 2 Years Ago


This poem is very descriptive and deep. I really enjoyed this work.

Posted 2 Years Ago


A very valuable work. You juggle words. I like to come back here because what you create is pure poetry. Congratulations on your talent, I wish you much success.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Wow! this is so good and powerful, enjoyed this
Thunder is powerful and loud...

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 5, 2022
Last Updated on January 5, 2022

Author

Casey
Casey

Writing
The New The New

A Poem by Casey


Fire Fire

A Poem by Casey


Bored Bored

A Poem by Casey



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..