Chapter Ten: English Literature

Chapter Ten: English Literature

A Chapter by Cass Morgan
"

VERY SHORT CHAPTER, SORRY!

"

''You're a model,'' Ashley stated, her eyebrows still raised. She narrowed her eyes and shook her head, closing her eyes for a moment before opening them again.


''After class, young lady-'' she spoke sternly, ''- you have a lot of explaining to do.''


''Yes ma'am,'' I saluted her and we both giggled.


''I'll see you at lunch, Emily,'' a deep, smooth voice cut in. I looked up and straight into Tanner's beautiful eyes.


''I-I- I mean- um- sure!" I stammered, wanting to hit myself. Could I have made a bigger fool of myself? Probably not. I caught Ashley looking at me in amusement and I shot her a fake glare. Ugh. I was such an idiot.


Tanner just smirked, making me swoon, before leaning down and kissing my cheek. Then he walked off. My mouth almost dropped open at that surprising movement and I caught a few angry and jealous glares from my fellow female classmates. Except Ashley, she was trying to hold back her laughter. Her eyes were twinkling in mirth and I shook my head as I slumped back down in my chair. He did not just do that.


''You do realize you'll be hated by the entire school female population, right?'' she giggled, patting me on my back. I glared at her.


''I never asked for him to do that!''


''I know, but that's exactly the problem. Don't worry- being popular has its perks, after all. Nobody will dare mess with you, so you're safe for a while.''


''Safe from what?'' someone asked next to me.


''Speak of the devil and he shall appear,'' I quoted, glaring at the person next to me. Tanner had obviously collected his books for this class and had slid into the extra seat next to me. He faked an an offended look.


''That hurt- right here,'' he pouted, tapping his heart. I shook my head.


''Do I look like I care?'' I asked rudely, surprised at my sudden confidence.


''Ouch,'' Ashley commented, with a grin. He grinned back and then fixed his gaze on me. ''Lookin' good, Em! Nancy would be proud of you.''


I blushed, and while I was trying to hide my scarlet cheeks, Ashley asked, ''Who's Nancy?''


''Our photographer. She's into all the perfectly matched and manicured stuff,'' Tanner answered and Ashley nodded.


''Speaking of Nancy-'' Tanner turned towards me, ''-did she send you the pictures yet?''


''From the photo shoot yesterday? No, not yet. Why?'' I questioned, trying to sound normal for once.


''I hope she doesn't forget. My sister keeps pestering me for them,'' he rolled his eyes and sighted.


''You have a sister?'' I asked, surprised.


''Yes,'' he answered. ''She's studying to be a fashion designer in NYC.''


''Really?'' Ashley asked, an interested expression on her face. ''Which college?''


''I think it wa-'' Tanner started, but he was interrupted by the teacher, who had come in suddenly. We had been so busy talking we hadn't noticed him at all. It didn't help that he was smaller than us, and practically invisible unless reading or performing. When he read an excerpt of a book to us, you could almost lose yourself in the story by his voice. He was an amazing reader. But he was very tiny.


''Hrm, hrm,'' he cleared his throat. ''Please pay attention. We have a new student today, his name is Tanner James-''


I zoned out. Our teacher was probably just going to get him to introduce himself and then start on Romeo and Juliet again. Frankly, I thought the book was too boring for words. I had never been one for old, classic romances. I preferred science-fiction, action and fantasy. I adored fantasy books. Chick-lit movies, on the other hand, were actually pretty cool. I know. I'm weird. Can't help it- sorry. I turned to Tanner, who had sat down next to me again. He offered me a lopsided grin and I grinned back, my insides melting. Why did that damn guy have to be so freaking hot? It didn't help that he had kissed my cheek. Now, why did he do that? Was it normal in the modelling world or what? Did I have to kiss his cheek too? I would die if I had to, I seriously would. His personality seemed sweet as well. He was funny, easy-going and he seemed kind. But, then again, I had only known him for what, one and a quarter of a day, maybe not even, and I couldn't very well be a good judge on his character and personality yet. At least the first impression was good.


I found myself wondering whether we would be doing more photo shoots together. Would we see each other more? I mean, what if he thought I was ugly and was only being civil. I sighed. Looks like little Emily has a crush, was what Savannah would say. Savannah. I missed her. And I missed Chase too. I wouldn't even start on Dakota and Ness. I had to get over it. I would forgive them at once if they apologized, of course, but they hadn't said a word. I guess they hated me now. Frankly, I couldn't blame them.


I sighed once again and tuned back to the lesson, where everyone was reading. I bit my lip and opened the book, looking at Ashley to see where they were all reading. With one last glance at the hottie next to me, I started reading.



© 2016 Cass Morgan


Author's Note

Cass Morgan
Hope you enjoyed! Constructive criticism needed!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on May 9, 2016
Last Updated on May 9, 2016


Author

Cass Morgan
Cass Morgan

In a hat..., with a cat., Netherlands



About
Hi! My name is Cassandra Morgan, but everybody just calls me Cass. I come from the Netherlands, but since both my parents are English, I speak, write and read English fluently. I love reading, .. more..

Writing