Chapter Eleven: Europe Tour

Chapter Eleven: Europe Tour

A Chapter by Cass Morgan
"

Emily hears some exciting news... AGAIN-- ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER!

"

I was exhausted. I had just come back from a photo shoot, and Nancy sure knew how to work me to my limit. I never knew posing could be this exhausting. To top it all off, Nancy had casually informed me that for my next photo shoot we would be spending a fortnight in Paris. Freaking Paris! That's like, in Europe! My father was going to flip at hearing this. I wondered whether I’d ever get the opportunity to go to Europe. It had been my dream since ages!


I sighed and flopped down on my bed, throwing my bag on the floor next to my desk. My eyes closed, my lids heavy from tiredness, and before I knew it, I had drifted off to sleep.


I walked through the city of Paris, the Eiffel Tower just mere kilometres away. Paris was the city of fashion, so it made sense for me to come here. I was clad in a beautiful midnight blue dress, with ruffles of tulle reaching right down to the rather dirty grey pavement. I wore crystal white heels, with diamond and pearls gathered together with a midnight blue rose at the front. I seemed to have no problem walking on them, as I usually had with heels. I flicked my blonde hair backwards, the soft curls tumbling over my shoulders. I laughed, a soft tinkle, completely different to how I usually laughed.


‘’Beautiful, Emily. Keep walking. We’re almost there!’’


The male voice reached my ears, but I didn’t process the words. Right in front of me, the Eiffel Tower rose up like a beautiful anchor in the middle of the strange city and I could do nothing but stare.


''Emily! Em!'' someone was softly trying to wake me. I slowly opened my eyes and sleepily peeked through them. It was my mother. She was looking at me with a half amused, half confused expression.


''You fell asleep!'' she stated, astounded. I usually never could sleep during the day, it just didn't work that way.It was too light, and the fact that it was daytime held me from sleeping. Plus I hardly ever was tired during the day.


''I know,'' I grinned. ''Nancy's to blame, though.''


My mother smiled as well. ''I just got off the phone with her, she- she told me where you're going for your next photo shoot.'' Her eyes twinkled, and I had the distinct expression she was just as, maybe even more, excited as I was. At least I had my mother’s consent.


I grimaced. ''Hmm. I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to tell dad. He's going to throw a fit, for sure.''


''Don't worry,'' my mother's voice had a hint of a smile in it, although her expression looked almost serious. ''I've made a deal with your father that he wouldn't meddle with anything that has to do with your modelling career.''


I grinned, and a twinkle appeared in mom's eye. I laughed and threw my arms around her. ''Thanks, mom. You're the best!''


''I know,'' mom grinned, winked, and left the room. I flopped back down on the bed and smiled to myself. Modelling was exhausting, yes, but I would never regret my decision to become a model. I loved the job. A lot. I hoped that after this job had finished, they would offer me another. I actually wanted to keep modelling. I was even considering doing it full-time, if I could. If I didn’t become ugly in time, that is.


''Emily! Dinner's ready!'' mom yelled from downstairs, making me get up and brush my hair quickly before hurrying downstairs. I pulled a chair to the table and sat down, the aroma of mother's mushroom ravioli making my stomach growl.


Although my mother had reassured me my dad wouldn't meddle with my 'model' things, my stomach still was in knots by the time I sat down at my place at table. Dad put down his newspaper and gave me a smile.


''Had a good day, Emily?'' he asked, kissing mom's cheek as she put some ravioli on his plate. I grimaced dramatically to show that PDA was not appreciated in the case of my parents. They both laughed and I smiled appreciatively as mom gave me a generous helping of the ravioli.


''Thanks mom. My day was awesome, dad. I did a photoshoot with Nancy today. It was amazing. You should have seen my dress! It was black, and it cinched at the waist before flaring out into ruffles to my feet. The top was completely covered in silver sequins and-''


''Spare me the details, dear,'' my father laughed, shaking his head. My mother gave me an almost invisible nod, and I swallowed before putting down my fork.


''Dad?'' I started, in a small voice. My dad looked up and stopped chewing, his fork suspended midair.


''Uh-oh. I know that face. Either you've done something you shouldn't or you want something. Which is it and on the scale of one to ten how bad is it?'' he said, eyeing me carefully.


I gulped. ''Nancy told me today my next photo shoot is at half-term and I'm going to have to fly to Paris,'' I said quickly, not daring to look at my father. I heard my mother suck in her breath and looked up carefully. I wished I hadn't. Dad looked very grumpy. He looked at me, then mom, then me again. Finally he turned to mom.


''You knew about it?''


''Yes,'' mom admitted.


Dad let out a big sigh. ''Well, there's no use in me complaining or protesting. I did promise I wouldn't meddle, did I?''


I let out a breath I hadn't known I was holding. ''Thank you dad, thank you, thank you, thank you!''


I couldn't believe it. I was going to Paris, Europe!



© 2016 Cass Morgan


Author's Note

Cass Morgan
Hope you enjoyed! Would really appreciate harsh feedback...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on May 9, 2016
Last Updated on May 9, 2016


Author

Cass Morgan
Cass Morgan

In a hat..., with a cat., Netherlands



About
Hi! My name is Cassandra Morgan, but everybody just calls me Cass. I come from the Netherlands, but since both my parents are English, I speak, write and read English fluently. I love reading, .. more..

Writing