Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by Cassie
"

Introduces the main character in a different way to how I normally do.

"

When someone or something spends their life watching others as they are born, grow old, and die; would they feel the passing of each life they follow? Or would the lives combine into a single, never ending cycle? The Gods who lived in the world of Eos had all began the first few centuries of their lives by watching the people in the world beside them go by. By the time that they were summoned by one of the Great Gods, the most powerful God and Goddess in the realms, the once innocent being had already begun to see the world and its contents as a cycle of life and death; one that they themselves were free of. In this way, the Gods of Eos grew ever more arrogant and self-loving. Over the centuries, they began to look at the lives that they watched with contempt, and spurn the other worlds. Gods that were not born directly into the realm were seen as inferior, and sibling relations were common. This brought about diseases and madness, driving many of the Gods to their own perils. Only one or two escaped this ever increasing spread of insanity; and those did were quickly exiled for unrighteous views or treason against the Great Gods.

Only one child escaped the grasping clutches of Eos's own lunacy. From the time she was born, Evelyn Lacey Noble was forbidden to watch the lowly humans scurry about in the world parallel to their own. Though her family and the other Gods believed that they were dutifully releasing her from the horrific task, they were in fact releasing her from the reaching fingers of their own madness. In their own youngest years, when the passing of human lives saddened them, they lacked the powers to stop the humans’ deaths and prolong their Fated Ends. However, due to Evelyns' restricted access to the other worlds, when she finally saw human death, she was powerful enough to prolong the mans' Fated End.



© 2011 Cassie


Author's Note

Cassie
Hey guys, could you point out any mistakes, big or small? Any feedback would be amazing, and just to let you know, it does all get explained soon. ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha thanks! I was trying to find an idea that I haven't ever read before either, and this is what I came up with. :P

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, this seems really interesting. I don't think I've ever read anything like this before, but I'm kinda curious about how the whole book will turn out. I didn't see any mistakes, but then again I'm just one person. xD

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2011
Last Updated on May 6, 2011


Author

Cassie
Cassie

Townsville, Australia



About
I don't like to define myself very much. Make your own decisions about what I am or am not, but I won't give myself the boundires. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Cassie


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Cassie


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Cassie