Ancient warrior

Ancient warrior

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Blood cannot change. Sometime must go back to your place of birth to learn peace.

"
                     

   Ancient warrior

I drove to the forest.
Away from the city.
I took my grandson with me to learn the spirit of the forest.
We walked deep into the safety of the woods and
the friendship of the wind.
I watched the birds and animals fly and roam free.

I found a river.
The water was strong and still clean from man's pollution.
I took out my sage. I lit the sage.
Said a quiet prayer.

I walked along the river.
Three year old Grandson followed.

"Spirit of life and death.
Please give me strength and wisdom.
Protect the water, the earth and the sky.
Allow the spirit of the hawk and wolf to send wisdom
to the leaders of this world.
So much war and violence.
Hate had overtook kindness."

I heard a quiet whisper in the wind.
"Ancient Warrior. Put your feet into the river.
Refresh your body and heart. Allow nature to absorb your pain."

I put my feet into the water. My grandson does the same.
I looked to the sky and whispered.
"Thank you spirit of life and death.
Thank you for the drinking water.
Thank you for the green earth.
Thank you for the clean air."

I raised my hand to the sky.
I allowed the sage smoke to spread around me and my grandson.
I knew the truth. I relearn many times in my life.

"We are one people on one planet.
We must live together in peace.
We must know peace for the sake of the children."

People tell me.
Man is foolish.
He cannot know peace. He cannot live without war.
Will a nuclear weapon killing a million people?
Will their screams of cities show the way to peace?

Old ancient warrior watches his grandson run through the forest.
He wondered what kind of world did he leave for his grandchild?

                            Coyote
                            Sept. 2012



© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
People tell me. War is a part of us. One day when we are all dead. What will be remembered about the race of man?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That's a very good question. That's one reason I became a writer, rather than a soldier. Wars come, and wars go, and soldiers always die in the end and become dust . . . but our written words are eternal, and they live on forever. As necessary as soldiers are to society (and as much as I admire them,) something tells me being a writer is more of a lasting legacy than being a soldier

Posted 11 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

Caradoc

11 Years Ago

And when we are all dead and gone, who then will read the words of hearts? Even though we may leave .. read more



Reviews

unfortunately...I join those who believe that conflict is another trait of life on Earth. Man cannot live without it...once decision making becomes difficult and disagreement exponential, i'd bet you more than 3 of 5 times violence will erupt.

And indeed at.this rate...what will we leave behind?
Good one Coyote.

~M.Babu~

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem has good meaning to it, as does all your pieces, and was a good read, I enjoyed your descriptions and prayer to the spirit of life and death, strong ending to the poem, an excellent write, nicely done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I lived in a civil war. It was hell . Brother killing brother for power and hate . We pray for peace but humanity needs the peace within. This is an awesome write with thought provoking questions that leaves the reader to decide.
Thank you for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow -I heard a quiet whisper in the wind.
"Ancient Warrior. Put your feet into the river.
Refresh your body and heart. Allow nature to absorb your pain."
Loved the whole poem but this speaks volumes to me. Great job!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a journey. Unfortunately, I believe, that too much is lost, and so much is gained too quickly, that we`ll never find harmony in the human race. If you follow what I`m saying.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

11 Years Ago

I'm afraid I do.
I know this was a poem of war, and how it affects humans and future generations, but I really enjoyed the peacefulness of the setting. The forest, nature, your grandson, the sage, and peaceful reflection. A truly wonderful write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

To answer your question, that we existed for war...whether on a local level or national level, someone turns to violence for good or bad reasons and then their all off............awesome write. It is really good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very well written.Good questions, statements and provoking questions. Good work

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ah, the topic of war. The human race is inclined towards such an action, because of the finite aspects of life. The essence of enslavement, to harvest goods, and ease the burden of our finite time. Not, because we thought another race was inferior, that was just an delusional rationality. We invade for finite necessities, to claim more land to farm, to flourish. Unfortunately everything has its price, whether it be in gold, oil, or diamonds, it doesn't matter; and the only way around the price tag is at the end of a smoking barrel. I figure its only through innovation, to turn our attention away from non renewable resources, and work with a solid foundation, that will save us. Unfortunately that requires thinking, so why not grab a gun?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Exactly what I was wondering about. People nowadays are crazy if they think this world will be great for our children, something has to change or things are not looking well for us.

It makes me wonder if it's a good thing to bring children into world like this, soon enough it will be a terrible thing to do.

Thank you for the great poem though, it really made me wonder.

-Urosh

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4281 Views
110 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 13 Libraries
Added on September 16, 2012
Last Updated on September 16, 2012

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..