Too late for forgiveness

Too late for forgiveness

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A new poem finally. A sad one. If you feel death is more important then life. Please call me. Maybe I can help.

"
           




 Too late for forgiveness.


Second brother put into the cold earth.
Death by their own hands.
Left many to swim in bad decisions and not enough kind words.

The things I believed in.
Became useless and not fruitful anymore.
Words said without thoughts or kindness.
Left my soul in blackness.
I wished too late to take back words that degrade a life of a brother.

I learn the important things we must believe are  simple and plain.
I learn we must rise and fall. Cry and laugh. Beg and demand.

I chisel my brother names into a old Oak tree.
I asked the Spirit of life and death to forgive me for being a b*****d instead of a friend.
Silence and loneliness left me be to the solitude of pen and paper.

I learn we are all mortals.
Too blind to see beyond our own glory.
Till names of the dead are carved in your chest.

Today I remember two strong boys who showed no fear.
The hidden demons no-one saw.
Took them to a rope and no goodbye.

Their death made me more gentle in action and in words.
The dream of wealth became less needed.

Now I offer a open door to friends and family.
I will listen to someone who is struggling and try to help.
I don't believe you can be forgiven.

Lonely graves of two scared boys are permanent scars on a mind and heart.
No-one cared that they saw death more sweet then life.

I wished I'd listen to a wise grandfather.
"Nothing good to say. Say nothing. Negative words and actions can
caused permanent damage."

Better to be a friend then be standing by a casket saying a final goodbye.

                               Coyote'


 



© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A sad poem. Certain time of the year. Old memories appear.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When I read your stuff a lot of it hits home, Coyote. That last part does so more than anything else. A lost two good friends I served with because their cries for help were being ignored. I could have helped them but I didn't and now their gone. Sometimes all it takes is for someone to listen. Thanks for sharing this poem with us.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Every experience is a learning experience, even the sad moments make you stronger in the end. Sometimes pain leads you to better place in your life. This sadness in this apparent, but there's also love and heartache too. Great Write!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It 's great that you learned so much- every experience is something to be learned about- good and bad, it is how we evolve as humans. nicely written and executed. i enjoyed the closing line the best

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh this is so beautiful and sad.. So very touching and personal, like you"re reading it right to me and I love it with everything inside.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very sad indeed. I had a little girl who got scared too. My little sister. What's left is the regrets that yes, I could have been a better friend. You write from your heart. Please keep sharing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A sad and haunting write to be sure. Funny, it made me think of a childhood song I have not thought of in years my mother used to sing, "Little feet be careful where you lead me to..." That's all I remember of it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

God took 3 of my brothers aand 1 sister..all from illness..not like you went through..My hearat feels sad taht you had to go through something like this..I know my Christian siblings I will see again in Heaaven..that gives me much comfort..Kathie

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

such a sad piece but its full of emotion making it wonderful to read
great job :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As ever your poetry is very wise and honest and asks people to consider their consequences more than they generally do. As always I hope your poetry reaches ears that would listen and learn.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's a great poem. Unfortunately, I have the awkward perspective of knowing what you are talking about exactly, and know that no words are comparable to the words that YOU chose!! I like this section:
"I learn the important things we must believe are simple and plain.
I learn we must rise and fall. Cry and laugh. Beg and demand."
......and if I could add: to be able to teach yourself to learn how to do THAT with the ones you love, you forever teach them the right to fully own their humility in being human..... together with support. Your poem brought back scooooores of wakes and funerals I've been to. -Mark

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Forgiveness comes, sometimes in ways we don't expect. The melting of a heart of stone in the ones left behind so that we can reach out to other hurting people in the circle of life. That's love and forgiveness and honoring the ones we lost. Beautiful poem!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1997 Views
78 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 1, 2012
Last Updated on November 1, 2012
Tags: suicide

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..