Too late for forgiveness

Too late for forgiveness

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A new poem finally. A sad one. If you feel death is more important then life. Please call me. Maybe I can help.

"
           




 Too late for forgiveness.


Second brother put into the cold earth.
Death by their own hands.
Left many to swim in bad decisions and not enough kind words.

The things I believed in.
Became useless and not fruitful anymore.
Words said without thoughts or kindness.
Left my soul in blackness.
I wished too late to take back words that degrade a life of a brother.

I learn the important things we must believe are  simple and plain.
I learn we must rise and fall. Cry and laugh. Beg and demand.

I chisel my brother names into a old Oak tree.
I asked the Spirit of life and death to forgive me for being a b*****d instead of a friend.
Silence and loneliness left me be to the solitude of pen and paper.

I learn we are all mortals.
Too blind to see beyond our own glory.
Till names of the dead are carved in your chest.

Today I remember two strong boys who showed no fear.
The hidden demons no-one saw.
Took them to a rope and no goodbye.

Their death made me more gentle in action and in words.
The dream of wealth became less needed.

Now I offer a open door to friends and family.
I will listen to someone who is struggling and try to help.
I don't believe you can be forgiven.

Lonely graves of two scared boys are permanent scars on a mind and heart.
No-one cared that they saw death more sweet then life.

I wished I'd listen to a wise grandfather.
"Nothing good to say. Say nothing. Negative words and actions can
caused permanent damage."

Better to be a friend then be standing by a casket saying a final goodbye.

                               Coyote'


 



© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A sad poem. Certain time of the year. Old memories appear.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When I read your stuff a lot of it hits home, Coyote. That last part does so more than anything else. A lost two good friends I served with because their cries for help were being ignored. I could have helped them but I didn't and now their gone. Sometimes all it takes is for someone to listen. Thanks for sharing this poem with us.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A hard lesson. Life teaches, we choose to listen or not. Your words made me think. Good words, my friend. Well written as always.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TT_TT

Why is everyone so sad these days, this poem is very harsh for life, i enjoyed reading but really sad

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Most of the lessons in life are harshly learned. Guess it's the only way we stubborn humans can get it, otherwise we aren't hearing. Yet, we must also learn that we are only human and cannot be everything to everyone. Though you don't think you should be forgiven, I think they forgave you a long time ago. Admire your courage to write this down.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very touching, sad but very worth reading.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

whenever we're drowning in our seas of agony, it's so hard to see that some things can become brighter as time goes on, and it's impossible to see that the happy people (who we envy for their states of contentment) around us have felt pain as well...


thanks so much for sharing this

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tex
very touching. I lost a father and a niece in this way. words can not describe... and yet... you manged to do just that...

very good write

Thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Better to be a friend then be standing by a casket saying a final goodbye". Our mouths are the outlets of our hearts. Few things are worse than words said in ignorance, negligence and anger. The kinder we are with our words, the kinder we are in life. Thank you for this Amazing poetry, sad but with an important message! thank you!


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I lost my dad suddenly and this poem hits home for me, you have a way of touching the inner emotions in all, good one Coyote.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Firstly, hugs!
Secondly, your work always leaves me with such poignant questions in my mind...I think on your poetry long after I have read it my gifted friend...
Such sadness cannot be healed but we adapt...maybe holding a lesson for others, this is amazingly wrenching love
xox

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This brought me to tears as I lost my younger brother 4 months ago...the feeling of loss and knowing you can never get it back, wondering what last words touched the lips. Sad poem but HUGE message. dont take life for granted and those you love.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1997 Views
78 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 1, 2012
Last Updated on November 1, 2012
Tags: suicide

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..