Too late for forgiveness

Too late for forgiveness

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A new poem finally. A sad one. If you feel death is more important then life. Please call me. Maybe I can help.

"
           




 Too late for forgiveness.


Second brother put into the cold earth.
Death by their own hands.
Left many to swim in bad decisions and not enough kind words.

The things I believed in.
Became useless and not fruitful anymore.
Words said without thoughts or kindness.
Left my soul in blackness.
I wished too late to take back words that degrade a life of a brother.

I learn the important things we must believe are  simple and plain.
I learn we must rise and fall. Cry and laugh. Beg and demand.

I chisel my brother names into a old Oak tree.
I asked the Spirit of life and death to forgive me for being a b*****d instead of a friend.
Silence and loneliness left me be to the solitude of pen and paper.

I learn we are all mortals.
Too blind to see beyond our own glory.
Till names of the dead are carved in your chest.

Today I remember two strong boys who showed no fear.
The hidden demons no-one saw.
Took them to a rope and no goodbye.

Their death made me more gentle in action and in words.
The dream of wealth became less needed.

Now I offer a open door to friends and family.
I will listen to someone who is struggling and try to help.
I don't believe you can be forgiven.

Lonely graves of two scared boys are permanent scars on a mind and heart.
No-one cared that they saw death more sweet then life.

I wished I'd listen to a wise grandfather.
"Nothing good to say. Say nothing. Negative words and actions can
caused permanent damage."

Better to be a friend then be standing by a casket saying a final goodbye.

                               Coyote'


 



© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A sad poem. Certain time of the year. Old memories appear.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When I read your stuff a lot of it hits home, Coyote. That last part does so more than anything else. A lost two good friends I served with because their cries for help were being ignored. I could have helped them but I didn't and now their gone. Sometimes all it takes is for someone to listen. Thanks for sharing this poem with us.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A very painful and tragic story. I believe this pain would last a life time.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A truly tragic and painful situation. Sudden death leaves the survivors unable to even say goodbye. How does a person deal with such pain? Everyone his/her own way in the end. A very moving poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes, I agree with your words. A hurtful word or many may end up being the last
thing we say to a loved one. Unexpected death leaves wounds that sometimes never heal. A very moving poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this line so hit me where i live

I learn the important things we must believe are simple and plain.

So true so true Simplisity is the key to happiness as i see it.I know the feeling here regret for things not said or done when they might make a difference So i say to you Coyote You are well loved here and I am a better man for having known you. You are the most selfless of us and the most giving.So I offer you the blessing of a friend who will try but never be able to measure up to what you give me and everyone else here
Thank You from me and everyone else here whose life you took time to care about Your a damn good man and a great inspiration .

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i know what you mean i wasnt a very good friend ive had many friends take there own lives and i could have saved them from it but i didnt think they would actually do it. loved it

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sid
A touching and honest poem, it's dripping with emotions. It is never easy to lose someone you love...great write!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I understand your Thoughtlines. I suffer from SSRI/SNRI --resistant depression and have only managed it through the illicit use of opiates. My youngest brother, I fear, has the same ThInG, and yet he's so irrisponsible, there is no way my "treatment" could work for him. He'd be OVERCOME by Euphoria. He idealizes suicide. Your words were great, this line stood out: "Left many to swim in bad decisions and not enough kind words". My criticism is that maybe it feels like a few things should be pared down, afterall this is a harsh and brutally honest poem. I'm glad I read it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A truthful, and honest message within these words. However, I believe that it is never too late for forgiveness. I believe that the more good you do in your life to make difference in someone else's, you make up for your sins. At least, that is what I have been taught through my years of going to church. Great write, Coyote.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

as always...very strong and creative AWESOME job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Strong words where the memory can be a curse, but very well put

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1997 Views
78 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 1, 2012
Last Updated on November 1, 2012
Tags: suicide

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..