Poesy

Poesy

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Thank you Dryden for your poetry. Gave me reason to write today.

"
                              Poesy

                    (For Dryden)

True Poets dodge the fakeness of fame.
They allow praise to fall from their thoughts.
Old Poets understand the beauty of the sun rising from the east.
Allowing opportunity for new dreams and new places to come alive.

They enjoy watching the sun falling into the western sea.
Allowing the night to overcome the excitement of the day.

A wise Poet behold the beauty of the  woman.
Tried to describe the softness of her skin and the feel
of her warm sweet kisses.

The Poet must feel the burden of war.
A writer must taste and know death, poverty and suffering.

A empty journey leave nothing for the pen and the paper.

Writers are neither revolutionist nor a martyr.
Just observers.

Great Poets left us with real description of war.
Many died in combat in the old wars.
Their poetry was longing for home and the beautiful valleys of youth.

Best honor for a writer.
Have more Poesy written because of their words.

This poem is for my favorite Poet Dryden.
His words will never be forgotten.

"War, our consumption, was their gainful trade."

"What peace can be, where both to one pretend."
               (Dryden words.)

I tell the young writers.
Honor the old words.
Never be a naysayer to a up and coming writer.
We need more word-man and word-woman.

A real Poet love the word.
Written with skill or not.
Words written from the heart.
We need to read with a kind heart.

                         Coyote




© 2013 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

coyote, a fine penning...your words brought to mind the following poem from randall jarrell...

From my mother's sleep I fell into the State,
And I hunched in its belly till my wet fur froze.
Six miles from earth, loosed from its dream of life,
I woke to black flak and the nightmare fighters.
When I died they washed me out of the turret with a hose.
Randall Jarrell

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

A very good poem. Writing is a good release. Allow us to leave something that we can read and maybe .. read more
jeannemarie coulter

8 Years Ago

the title of the randall jarrell poem is
THE DEATH OF THE BALL TURRET GUNNER

t.. read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.



Reviews

A perfect capture of why poets write. It is an art to be treasured.

Beccy.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Mr. Dryden taught us many years ago. The world need writers. Keep the world honest. Thank you for re.. read more
Perfect explanation of a poet's persona. The messages that writers receive from their surroundings, and past experiences can never be fully explained, but we come closer with every expressive thought. I enjoyed this work of art. I thank you for recommending that I read it. Kudos.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

I borrow quotes from Dryden. His books are amazing. He was the first real writer who wrote of real l.. read more
Lloyd Frieson-Small

10 Years Ago

Most welcome..
A beautiful tribute. It is always a pleasure to read your words. I'm glad I found this one today...it is exceptional.

:) Julie

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. Dryden was amazing.
Your poetry has matured Coyote. Maybe when we think of the friendships of others we can write our best.
I enjoyed your tribute and thoughts very much.
The first stanza was my favorite.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Getting older and learning. The key to life. To keep learning and tried to do some good in life. Tha.. read more
Amazing! There's a whole lot of truth in this one. Lots of wisdom. We poets seem to write not for fame (although it'd be cool), but some , like you and I, write 'cause we just want to. There's always something that sparks an idea. We write it in some way. Like you said "Written with skill or not." I can say that some of my works weren't written with my best skill, just thrown all together, but still have the special message from our hearts. Something we leave behind for someone else to relate to. Thanks for sharing this one, really liked it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you. Good to write poetry for pleasure. Allow us to create for the pleasure of the words.
I feel smiles speak more than words...All smiles Coyote :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm glad I could make you smile with my poetry.
You are indeed a humble poet whose own written work and reviews are penned from your heart shaped quill. Your wisdom surpasses many and your words are soothing to read. You yourself are an awesome poet who goes out of his way to spread your knowledge giving back great feed back to the experienced and the inexperienced poets/writers here on WC. It's always a pleasure to read your work and an honour to have you read mine.

Your writes reflect you and your sincerity clearly shines through....

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you. We must allow the poetry to grow. Negative words and action lead to no-where. Better to b.. read more
I love this poem it has so much insight to the different variations as well the true definition in my opinion of writing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Camisha Lynn for reading and the comment. Good poetry is gifts for the reader to enjoy.
A very good message, it is good to be supportive of new poets. It is also good to be critical, for one can never improve if nobody gives any suggestions. That being said, I really enjoy this poem, you have a real talent for imagery, I look forward to reading your other poems especially to see that.

I always like to try and leave a few suggestions and critiques in my reviews. I don't want you to take them the wrong way, they're not negative, simply suggestions on small things I notice. If nothing it else it should tell you I read through your poem thoroughly about three times. The above statement is my overall opinion (very good, you're getting a 95 :) ).

Suggestions:
*True poets do indeed leave behind insubstantial fame. You have a very elegant way of phrasing this, the only phrase I have a hard time reading is “the fakeness of fame.” I think a better word for “fakeness” might be in order. It’s a good line, just not as elegant as the rest of your poem.
*I really liked the line about the sun falling into the western sea. Very good imagery, keep that up.
*I like how you bring up war and spend a bit of time on it. However, I would like to have seen more of that awesome imagery above. This seems to be one of the focal points of the poem and I think it would push it that much farther ahead if it had some good imagery.
*I know you are good at imagery because of what you wrote in this poem already.
*I love how you mention why you wrote this poem in the actual poem. Reminds me of “Mr. Jones” by Counting Crows when he tributes Bob Dylan in the song.
*In terms of introductions I don’t think you need to mention he’s your favorite. You already have shown that he is an amazing poet in your eyes by writing this poem to begin with. A little redundant.
*I think the last is my favorite stanza. It’s so true, too.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the detailed review. I do appreciate. I do give recommendation in private e-mail. I wr.. read more
SuperChick62

10 Years Ago

Indeed it is. I pretty much write COMPLETELY different now than when I first started... Now I'm wait.. read more
' A real Poet love the word. ~ Written with skill or not. ~ Words written from the heart. ~ We need to read with a kind heart '

How right you are! Seems these days for sure, people write for cash and kudos, not necessarily from the heart. They want to be seen, no matter what. Fine, nobody wants to live in a squalid attic or starve for his or her creativity, but. has been shown that so many of the established and traditional poets wrote because they had to, from their hearts, sometimes money in pocket, more often not. The reader who truly cares for words, remembers them, often forever..

Sincerity shows. Yours does, John.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Emma. We need to appreciate the new writers. Give them hope and advice. Always room for mo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2564 Views
69 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..