Dead man stew

Dead man stew

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

When greed and hate run the world. Our leaders are making a dead man stew. No-one will victor.

"
                                 Dead man stew

Poor man is dying.
Was still swimming in the allusion of youth.
He whispered to me. Words I would not forget.
"Allah la ilah."

I watched and assisted moving the bodies being stored in a frozen storage containers.
Forgotten men with names whispered by Family and friends.
Death Valley left the sand bright red.
A once great country learn.
Dead man don't rise up my friend.




The barbarians came and showed the world how strong and powerful they are.
They smiled and celebrated great victory.

I stood in the Iraq desert.
I could hear the whispers of lost spirits.
Nothing is over. Nothing is over.

A warmonger cried for more blood.
Darkness and contempt take over my heart.
I wish the leaders who demand war over peace.
Bombs over gift of water, food and medicine.
Would they send their children to the darkness of war?

Newly risen hate is rebirth is places where death is the norm.
Powerful men kill woman and children without thoughts.
Blood create the need for more blood.
When a nation had nothing left but a good death.
Expect a fight till you are dead and the meek will finally win.

Dead poets once wrote.
"War is man's sin."
"Sad to watch something that was alive become dead."

I'm told we fight terrorist. Threats to our borders.
The barbarians will travel 5,000 miles and portrait the people in their own country
as terrorist.

I believe a terrorist is where you are standing.
150,000 soldiers from another land destroying cities and setting up governments on your land.
The people of the country know.
The armies are the terrorist.
I do understand.

If you kill my child and wife.
I would revenge too.
If I have nothing to live for.
I will kill my enemy till death take me home.
Nothing is over. Nothing is over.

We need leaders who can read history.
If you want to stop violence.
Quit sending guns.
Place embargo on weapons and items of destruction.

Send food, water and medicine.
How many poor men and woman will die for the greed of war?
Middle East is very old.
Old ways and standard not understand by the barbarians.
Can't change the old places.
Allow them to control their own destiny.

Please leave Syria alone.
Shooting bombs into old cities.
Killing woman and children.
You are not the peacekeeper.
You are the dealer of death.

Allah la ilah.
Nothing is over. Nothing is over.

Weak leader are create a dead man stew.
Where everyone will lose in the end.

                            Coyote

© 2013 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I can't believe leaders in our country. Don't use embargoes. They kill with weapons bought from the USA. Are we part of the problem? Any mistakes. Please help a old man if any mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Powerful write Coyote...you conveyed the thoughts of most American's in this piece, we need to fix our Country before we start trying to fix everyone else, we need to bring our troops home. Allah la ilah...Nothing is over... it never will be as long as the Leaders of this world continue to try to up one on the other....thank you for sharing this wonderful poem:)

Lisa

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Lisa for reading and the comment. Peacekeepers send people with food, water and medicine. .. read more



Reviews

Powerful write Coyote...you conveyed the thoughts of most American's in this piece, we need to fix our Country before we start trying to fix everyone else, we need to bring our troops home. Allah la ilah...Nothing is over... it never will be as long as the Leaders of this world continue to try to up one on the other....thank you for sharing this wonderful poem:)

Lisa

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Lisa for reading and the comment. Peacekeepers send people with food, water and medicine. .. read more
Profound, prophetic words, conveyed poetically in stark and solemn detail !

Much wisdom in your poem and kudos to you Coyote for raising and pointing out 'the elephant in the kitchen' that others choose to ignore !

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Tom fro reading and the comment. I pray for common sense. Dying for other countries confli.. read more
I think you have penned what most of us in America feel. Enough killing... enough dying... I feel bad for Syria but there is no clear 'good guy' to back and lobbing a few missiles is only going to cause death to innocent people.

A very great write, one of your best in my opinion.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Mark. I hope our Congress and Senate had comment sense.
War is man's sin."
"Sad to watch something that was alive become dead."


It's a vicious cycle, and I think at times we need to mind our own damn business. We should be feeding our hungry people before we feed the hungry across seas. How can the U.S. fix another countries problems when we have some of the same problems. I think it's just a big power trip. A s**t slinging contest to see who has the most money to wipe their asses clean. "Sorry...but just saying"

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

You are right. Very old wisdom. "Fix your own house before trying to fix someone else". There are w.. read more
yes, a bit long, but powerful statement...and it is so true...we are everywhere but where we need to be, and that is right here, taking care of our own country...too much wrong not to pay attention...

jacob

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

I was told by a few publishers. I'm a epic writing. Too bad I was born 500 years too late. I have co.. read more
I can see a lover of manhood in these lines. Though the poem is a bit long, I read it completely as the complicated scenario of the current world demanded it...."If you kill my child and wife.
I would revenge too." I liked these lines very much. Anyone can play with law and arms if they are being attacked. You depicted this idea very clearly with this poem. Thanks a lot for sharing it here

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Freedom is valuable. When you attack another in their land. England was beaten and killed and gave u.. read more
Oops, think I mistakenly erased my review, agree with you completely Coyote, clean your own backyard...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a crushing plea, a dark spot on our country's soul...deep and resounding the sounds from your poetry, if only it could be read and understood by the people that need it the most Coyote....amazing title by the way, it's perfect.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

I don't understand. Every life is important. Our leaders have children. Don't they fear what they ar.. read more
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I will never understand what motivates men of power Coytoe, always my pleasure....

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

755 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 31, 2013
Last Updated on August 31, 2013

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


TRIBUTE TRIBUTE

A Poem by kublakhan27


Poesy Poesy

A Poem by Coyote Poetry