Highway 80 west-road story part one.

Highway 80 west-road story part one.

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

For Lana Del Rey. She could steal my soul and make me young again.

"
                     Highway 80 west-road story

Going nineties down Highway 80.
The sun is dropping into the west.
I drove my five hundred mile and I'm going to stop and see what I can find.
Iowa City is in view.
I promised myself one drink in every state.
Today it is a Long Island ice tea and a cheap hotel in Iowa.

Holiday Inn had good prices during the Winter.
Open bar on a Friday night.
Always opportunity for conversation and chance.

Pretty girls and cheap beer till nine pm. Happy hours is my favorite time.
Young girl with questions in her eyes asked. "Who are you."
I told her. No-one important. Just a traveling Soldier going West to California.
She smiled and asked. "Do you dance?"
I smiled and told her. I can two-step and waltz if the drinks are strong enough.

She told me her name was Elena. Newly free from a bad relationship and need someone
to make her laugh. I smiled and told her. I know a few jokes and I like laughter. I wouldn't mind some good company. I escaped to war to forget a bad situation. I order her a gin and tonic and another Long Island for myself.

We two-stepped to some Willie Nelson. She asked. "Is there a reason to go on?"
I brought her close and told her. Life is a boring ride if we want nothing. Better to live fast, die young and don't look back."

She laughed and requested a ride home. Her babysitter was leaving at 11pm.  I took her home to a small apartment and her cozy apartment filled with photos of better day and her kids. She asked was I hungry and told me. "Can't live on booze and alcohol alone." I accepted.

Her daughter awoke. Came to me. Asked who I was? I told her I was Johnnie. Just a new friend. The five year girl smiled and she danced in circles. She told me she was going to be a dancer and singer like her mama. Her mother appeared and brought the eggs and bacon to me. Took her baby to bed. She came back and apologies for the child.

I told her. She is a angel. You have everything that hold value. You can't repair what is done. You can live for the good things. The little girl is smart and strong like her mother. I asked her for a song? She smiled and asked me "Who told you I can sing." I told her a little angel told me.

She brought out a guitar. She smiled and told me. "One of my original songs."

                        Traveling too long with no place to go

Me and my baby are riding the long highway.
Heading to no-where land.
Where fool and dreamers fall together to celebrate what is left.
Whiskey and wine song is all we have.
We dance all night. Drink the days away and fall in the wild nights.
Highway don't care who you are.
Stranger or friend.
Always a easy place to land.

She stopped and smiled. Asked me did I like the song?
I told her it was very good. We watched old movies and talks of great dreams.
She was going to be a star and I was adding memories to a story with a unknown ending.

 She gave me a kiss on the cheek and her address. I told her I would sent postcards from California. I thanked for the company.

I left Iowa and headed West on highway 40. Tonight I will end-up in Omaha.
I hope Nebraska would be as entertaining as last night.
There are good people everywhere in the land of the free.
The free riders of life are many. We need to listen and pay attention.
Old road is a fine teacher.


                    Coyote








© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Something new. I hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think this series is going to be a big published success one day Coyote.
I love them all will finish catching up to you soon.

Highway 80 west stories
Highway 80 west-road story par..
By Coyote Poetry
Highway 80 west stories part..
By Coyote Poetry
Highway 80 west stories. Par..
By Coyote Poetry
Highway 80 west stories. Part ..
By Coyote Poetry
Highway 80 west stories. Part ..
By Coyote Poetry
Highway 80 west stories. Chapt..
By Coyote Poetry
Highway 80 west stories. Chapt..
By Coyote Poetry


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

I will add a chapter tonight. This will be the first book I will have finished. Thank you for readin.. read more
Cryingkate

10 Years Ago

Coyote Thank You ! These are a Treasure !
Cryingkate

10 Years Ago

Awesome. ! I hate to see the book end!



Reviews

I'm hooked. Can't wait to read more. Love the you specific touch on words, rustic and untainted.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. Two more chapters and I finally complete one of my stories.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
feels realistic and dreamy, freedom and road on the go... I get the feeling that you travel alot on your younger years my friend. It's a good start, like a journal style type of story...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

I crossed the USA four times and I boxed the country a few times. I was stationed in Texas and cross.. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

ahh, i knew it from the moment i read this... it was a true story... I have a good time reading this.. read more
I think this series is going to be a big published success one day Coyote.
I love them all will finish catching up to you soon.

Highway 80 west stories
Highway 80 west-road story par..
By Coyote Poetry
Highway 80 west stories part..
By Coyote Poetry
Highway 80 west stories. Par..
By Coyote Poetry
Highway 80 west stories. Part ..
By Coyote Poetry
Highway 80 west stories. Part ..
By Coyote Poetry
Highway 80 west stories. Chapt..
By Coyote Poetry
Highway 80 west stories. Chapt..
By Coyote Poetry


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

I will add a chapter tonight. This will be the first book I will have finished. Thank you for readin.. read more
Cryingkate

10 Years Ago

Coyote Thank You ! These are a Treasure !
Cryingkate

10 Years Ago

Awesome. ! I hate to see the book end!
The free riders of life are many. We need to listen and pay attention.
Old road is a fine teacher.

A peace Kerouac would envy. I think. Great one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Nothing better than to be able to travel with no rush. Thank you for reading and the comment.
The story of the traveler. Is he escaping from something or from someone? Maybe he's trying to find his place in the Land of the Free? With some refining this could be a great piece. Good work Coyote!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. Re-write when I finish the tale.
A. H. Pinley

10 Years Ago

I know how it is...
I like the simple structure that most of your writing has. It lends a sort of reminiscent voice but it can also lose my attention easily. If you revise this I would keep in mind that long trains of thought can be beneficial to your reader in moderation. Great story!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Danielle. This is one of my many unfinished projects. I have five books needing a re-write.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

641 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 5, 2013
Last Updated on February 26, 2014


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil