God

God

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

God is in our heart. In what we say and do. God is not found in the church. It is how we look at life and how we treat our brothers and sisters.

"
                            

               God

What is God? God is what we hold dear in our heart.
Religion is the base for the belief in God. Not the foundation.

God is the birth of a new child. Their new life show us. Life is never-ending
God is the coming of a new day.
The hope and trust we can do well and be caring and kind  to the people we are near.




God is the kind words we speak to the people we love.
Teacher of love protect us and care for us.
One day we must repay with a open and a concern heart.

God is in our heart. In what we say and do. God is not found in the church. It is how we
look at life and how we treat our brother and sister.








God is in the eyes of the children.
Every child needing the kindness of safety and protection of love.
God is the person who send a few dollars to the people in need.
God don't see race, color of skin and where you are born.

We must find God in our heart.
Native American believe.

The ancient one must teach the young child.
Kindness and love is the way.
We must stand together and thank the God of life and death.
For the new day and new opportunities.
 
God is everywhere. In the words we speak.
In every act we perform.

Look at the great sea. The open sky.
The grand mountains.  Look at the eyes of the children.




I have never met God in person.
I have touched his gifts of beauty.
I have swam in his oceans. Free-climbed his mountains.
Held a new born baby.

I have touched God and I have learn it is time for us to forget  race, color of skin and learn.
One people on one earth. We must get along.
One child lost to starvation, sickness or war.
Should break all people hearts.

                                 Coyote



© 2013 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just thoughts on a important topic. Native American believe. Every life is important.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I enjoyed this very much, I feel I followed the message completely and agree, I however found "foundation" and "base" to be similar choices in wording of the second line. I may be incorrect in my understanding of the wording, but I feel that to be a very powerful line that has drawn confusion and withdrawal to those looking to find understanding of God for centuries saying, "If he's not in church, where do I find him? And if I find him through the world, is that Paganism?"
Aside from my nit-picking I feel very thankful to have read your great poem.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

You will find him in your heart. Every action we do we must understand the consequences. Church is .. read more



Reviews

I believe what you also believe Cayote. Though God is unseen and not readily perceived by our five senses. His fingerprints are all over His creations and most especially in His most glorious crowning glory ~ the creation of man who is made in His own likeness and image. God designed and fashioned man's heart in a shape of a heart and purposely place a void that only He alone could meet and fill . Man in his own self righteous will and longings attempts to fill this void with stuffs, religion, worldly pursuits..and the list go on... Religion is mans way of reaching out to God and bridging this gulf of broken fellowship.

God does really wants to resides inside our hearts but only when He is invited in. Once inside , He will start rebuilding, remodeling, creating a new person. We will see ourselves, care for others and the world around us in a whole new way. Then we will soon be His eyes and ears, His arms and feet as we extend His love and concerns towards others. As we get to know Him more deeply and intimately. Soon we will also be sensitive to the things that break His heart. And moved us to compassion...



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

We must believe in something or live for nothing. Thank you for reading and the comment.
Simple and truthful poem. But what about all those people who never touched his gifts of beauty? I mean, it's hard to believe in God in this black pit of life. I am very confused sometimes, all that questions running inside my head. Many people blame God and think about all those bad things that happened to them, but they never mention God in the good things, that's strange and pretty cowardly to me. Wonderfully penned, thanks for sharing. :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

People like to blame other thing in life for their struggles. I believe we decide our journey. Good .. read more
R.A. Youngblood

10 Years Ago

Yep, you're right. You're welcome. :P
Indeed God exist...well narrated,and the use of the pictures,i will say well employed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I see God in all things. We must cherish the gift of love and.. read more
Native Americans have a special relationship with nature and I've always thought that it would be a better world if we all held the same reverence for God's other creations on this earth. This is a very beautiful poem celebrating the Almighty and how we can best serve Him here on earth. Very well done, Coyote.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

I like the saying on a statue in Monterey. Blessed is the man who reaches down to the poor and the s.. read more
This is beautiful, Coyote - a deeply spiritual write. You have me thinking about all the ways God is manifested in my life.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

We must believe in something. Someone without goals and dreams. What is left? Thank you for reading .. read more
Great poem, Coyote and I couldn't have read it at a better time. It's funny how your poem is almost like an answer to the poem I posted yesterday. I don't know if that was just a coincidence but it truly helped me. I love the insights and views that you illustrated.

"I have never met God in person. I have touched his gifts of beauty." - We don't meet God but we see his works. Great line, my friend!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

The beauty of this planet was a great gift. We need to appreciate the land, water and air. One plan.. read more
Nice one. God is in every good thing we do, think and feel. God is everywhere...even in the smallest thing or creature in this world. When there is love, there is God...because God is love.

Wonderful!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

I'm glad you like the poem. Lately people like to blame God for our world. We must learn. One gift o.. read more
Beautiful and profound.

And I think you might just be right, Coyote. You have an amazing world view. If only more people read this piece and took it to heart. Alas, it is all too clear that selfishness and hate are the flavor of the age; the song that many carry in their hearts, even if they will not admit it.

Well done, my friend. I felt...uplifted reading this one. Thank you.

-Caradoc

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Caradoc. I have writing words for peace and calm for 35 years. I hope my child can know on.. read more
Caradoc

10 Years Ago

:) I hope so too, Coyote. you seem like a great man to have as a father.

Be well.
This is what people should think.
Simple and splendid poem coyote.^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you. Today people are twisted by a poor government. I live with all races in Detroit. We do o.. read more

4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1305 Views
39 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on November 14, 2013
Last Updated on November 14, 2013

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..