You are gone and I'm here.

You are gone and I'm here.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

No winner in war. Just shadows of people lost too soon.

"

 

(A photo found unclaimed on Writer’s cafe. It was famous once.  Don’t need

 

words to express the sadness.)

 

 

 

 

 

You are gone and I’m here

 

War, violence and terror.

 

Who win in these wars?

 

Loud and powerful men watch from a distance. Announcer threats of war condemning young men and woman to fights and die.

 

I stood with family members and children by strong men graves. They won’t whisper their song no-more.  Children will learn to understand. You are gone and I’m here. I need you now and I love you dear.

 

Taps is played on the bugle in the winter snow...

Taps is played on the bugle in the winter snow at Arlington National Cemetery (Photo credit: Beverly & Pack)

 

My brother Soldier and friend is gone. He left his imprint on my life. His smile and laughter is missed. His baby girls are so tall and beautiful. He is a Grandfather now. I see his face in his daughter son. It is time. In every country and place.

 

My good friends killed in Iraq in 2004 with my daughter and his two daughters.

My good friends killed in Iraq in 2004 with my daughter and his two daughters.

 

We stand against war.

They are killing Christians in Asia and Africa. Brother killing brother. The sin of man cannot be understood. Where is the respect, concern and love?

 

God has no religion.”
Mahatma Gandhi

 

“My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.”
Dalai Lama XIV

 

“I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. ”
Kahlil Gibran

 

“My first wish is to see this plague of mankind, war, banished from the earth.” -George Washington

 

I’m tire of war. I’m tire of men who seek disagreement before solving problems. I’m sick of leaders who will send gun, weapons and Soldiers before food, water and medicine.



“War serves only the warlords and the graveyards!”
Mehmet Murat ildan

“Care: not carnage
Love: not loathing
Peace: not pieces”
Maddy Kobar, The Songs of The Gullible Wiseman: The Early Poems of Maddy Kobar, 2008-2013

 

 

Thank you for reading. Pray for peace. Pray that all children are safe.  Pray for a day when war is a distance myth.   Christians , Buddhism,Islam and Hinduism must come together. Stop the killing.

 

The child murdered could of been the light to save our planet?

Coyote

 

© 2013 Coyote Poetry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is real stop-and-think material, and a poem that cant have been easy to write, let alone share. As a reader I cant understand tour personal loss but you allow me to glimpse your pain. The direct, straight from the heart language you use makes this all the more poignant. A brave, personal poem - thanks for posting it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you reading and the comment. Most of this world had learn sorrow and pain. We must end war bef.. read more



Reviews

"Loud and powerful men watch from a distance" ! Says it all for me !!

Profound and powerful, the futility of war ! A moving and courageous write Coyote !



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Tom for reading. I followed my father and his father into war. I don't want my child to do.. read more
Tom

10 Years Ago

Indeed Coyote, ironic as it sounds but brave men are quite often peaceful men !
This is real stop-and-think material, and a poem that cant have been easy to write, let alone share. As a reader I cant understand tour personal loss but you allow me to glimpse your pain. The direct, straight from the heart language you use makes this all the more poignant. A brave, personal poem - thanks for posting it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you reading and the comment. Most of this world had learn sorrow and pain. We must end war bef.. read more
Reminiscent of SS but more personal :) I like it! Shows truth!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A moving piece indeed, thank you for sharing this side of you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is really touching and profound write
war how many have we had can you imagine two and a half billion dying in armedgo
some idiots wanting their way and willing to kill for it.and we walk blindly behind them for god and country yeah that's a joke Vietnam Iraq afg, needless death

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

And more wars will come if don't change our ways. I hope I don't have to watch my son or Grandson de.. read more
Did you just write this? I think this is why you are awake still ? I am proud of you for watching over your friends babies. They are yours now, to watch over.. Your a man of your word Coyote. But keeping that word is a constant haunt. Am I right?

I'm sorry for you and I'm sorry for me and the world. I am scared for my Nephew now in Afghanistan and all the boys and girls. I have more then a hundred times, wished that I could reach out to some when they come home and be there to talk to. Is this Coyote a chance to have an answered prayer?
I'm listening.......... I am here. I am here because of you and those that come home with haunts and those who haunt us now in memory. Those babies are here because of you and your friends.

Even though we know it was for nothing, We know the intentions in your hearts when you left and what had to be. I know we have to fix things,But you guys and gals went as Honorable Soldiers

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

I hope your Nephew come home safe and sound. Time for the USA to bring all Soldiers home. USA can't .. read more
Cryingkate

10 Years Ago

Well let see good news is your friend is a grandpa now and you made it home.
Other then that .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

712 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2013
Last Updated on December 16, 2013

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Confide Confide

A Poem by A. Amos


Windy Windy

A Story by Samuel Dickens