Highway 80 west stories. Chapter fourteen. Reno than California.

Highway 80 west stories. Chapter fourteen. Reno than California.

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

Almost done.

"
                             Reno than California

We arrived late at the Sister house. Sandy was very kind. She had been talking with Lana about me. She had a meal ready. We ate and we sat down together.  Sandy told Lana. "In the morning the money will be moved to a western bank. We can do our business early. I know Johnnie need to get his base. I have tried to talk you into staying on the phone. I see your face now and I understand. You need to enjoy some life. Johnnie looked okay. Most soldiers are okay."  I told her. "Thank you Sandy. I appreciate you allowing us to leave early. There is a possibility of snow on the mountain crossing over to California and I promise to keep Lana safe and sound."

Sandy looked away and grasp Lana's hands and she told her. "You are the baby sister. You took care of Daddy and stayed in the city with him. The rest of us kids escape Boston. I want you to have fun. No more bad men, please. I know what your boyfriend was. I'm glad you can see now." Lana smiled and kissed her sister. She told her." Daddy loved us all. He was glad you got a education and create a good life. Your home is beautiful and the kids are wonderful. I promise to return and visit often. California is across the way only."  Sandy kissed Lana and she kissed my forehead and whispered. "You hurt my sister. I will hunt you down and you will suffer."  Me and Lana went to the bedroom.

Lana wore her sister's sleeping clothing. The wool pajamas were looking odd on her. I told her she looked like a teddy bear needing a hug. She came to the bed and joined me. She whispered. My sister liked you. That is hard to do. She believe all men are dogs. I'm glad you are not a dog."  I embraced her and caressed her forehead and shoulders. We fell asleep quickly. We skipped the dancing tonight. It was a long drive today. I awoke alone in the bed. Lana left a note. She and her sister went to the bank. I learn later her sister had a friend in Monterey and found us a small apartment near downtown Monterey. A $1,000 a month for a studio apartment. It would be enough. It was furnished and close to the city. Today if I can get across the mountain. We will stop in Sacramento
and me and Lana will dance tonight.

Lana said a long goodbye to her sister. She embraced me tightly and she thanks me. "Thank you Johnnie. You have saved my sister life and I know you love her. I see how you look at her. How you hold her hand and how you listen to her. Please keep her safe. I gave you my phone numbers and any problems. Please call." I told I would and I kissed her forehead and I thanks her for the place to rest.  Lana was quiet and she was observing the mountain in the front of us. She asked "If the mountain safe?" I told her. I called the road commission. They told me free and clear today. Not tomorrow. Snow is coming again."  We drove in silence till we saw the California welcome sign. She asked for a photo by the sign. I took a photo of Lana smiling and content. We made California. Safe and sound.

I saw Sacramento in the distance. I awoke Lane and told her. "There is our dance hall tonight. Our first night in California together. Sacramento looked bright and fun as we entered the city limit. I found a Holiday Inn with a bar and dance hall. I wanted no-more driving tonight. Lana looked very content. She requested shopping tonight. We found a mini-mall. Sacramento was pleasant. 65 degree and the sun was showing. She found a high class store and I watched her try-on 10 dresses. Each one was good for me. Lana wanted California Clothing. She bought a bathing suit also and five Spring and Summer dresses. I enjoyed the view. Nothing happier than a woman shopping.

We arrived at hotel. She stripped down and she ran to the shower. She left the door open for me. I pulled a chair by the door. I told her "You need a long bath. She smiled and told me. "Johnnie is a bad boy. I believe you like to see me nude in the bathtub? Maybe give me a back rub and the bath tub is big. Enough for two my love."  I reached over and I kissed her and I told her. "I believe you maybe right. I do like to see you soaking in the tub  and looking so beautiful. You are the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. You would tempt the gods."
She smiled and told me. "You can't bathe with your clothing on, Soldier. I'm giving you a direct order. Strip down and join me." I took my clothing off and I sat behind her in the tub and I held her tightly in the warm water. Her body feeling soft and willing. I told her. "Thank you for giving reasons and purpose to be alive. I would of been lost without you.

Lana turned her face around and whispered to me. "Thank you Johnnie. Thank you for caring for a lost a confused woman.

        Coyote/John Castellenas







© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
One more chapter and the story is finished.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
Added on April 28, 2014
Last Updated on April 28, 2014


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing