My wild Texas rose

My wild Texas rose

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Good song make us write.

"


                                  My wild Texas rose


Kind mistress night brought her to me. The Austin, Texas bars brought people from all places together.
When the moon took over the night sky. People from different places fell into one hope.
Dance, laughter, drink and to enjoy the mystery of the night.

I went into a tavern/dance club and I saw three pretty ladies dancing together to the song of Bob Seger "Turn the page" on the dance floor . I drank my drink and I enjoyed the view. All of sudden. A beautiful strawberry blond hair girl asked me. Can you dance or are you waiting for the booze to kick in and to forget who you are? I held silence and I answered slowly. I'm just wasting time and trying to find reasons and purpose to be alive.

The Texas July heat had kicked in. Summer dresses and beautiful woman were everywhere. I wrote poetry today near the Austin river of wild roses and beautiful woman. I liked the Texas girls. Not afraid to talk and a western beauty of wild and free desert flowers.

She smiled and told me. I saw you today. You read at the Austin poetry reading three times. You were the lone back-up Poet. I liked your poetry. Too sad for my taste. I prefer poetry that heat up the heart and mind. Make you want more. Make you yearn to dance and taste life. Dead-end poetry is for old men. You are too young to swim in poor memory and places.

I asked her her name. She told me. I'm Laura. A college student and future great writer. I will give you two choices. Dance with me or I will walk away. Leave you with nothing to write about. I took her hands and we danced to Hank William songs.  She smells of Summer roses. She brought her body near and she whispered. She sang the songs. Her voice like sweet whispers making me smile. She looked at me and she told me. Dear Poet, we ain't here for a long time. I want you to write a poem about love, dance and Texas. I told her. Will be easy Laura.  The charity of your embrace and the promise of your smile changed my night. She kissed me once and fell into a tight embrace.

                          My wild rose

We drank the good wines of Germany.
You allowed me to kiss your lips of sweet red wine.
You  embraced me tightly and I smelled the wild roses in your tender skin.
You are my Summer and I'm  your Fall.
You know laughter and how to dance by the river.
Fearless, beautiful and wild heart.
My wild rose, you made me find dreams and hope.
Thank you my Texas love.

Laura smiled and she told me. A pretty poem dear Poet. We need to add a part two. Tomorrow we will go to the sea. I will show you the Texas sea and you will dance with me and forget the old misery. Dead things can't be revived. Better to find something sweet to taste and live for today.

I held my wild Texas rose and  I told her. I needed a day to frolic with the sea and be near you my Laura.
She kissed my face and hands. She whispered. No easy life. War, death and disappointment. They burned out the hope and dreams of youth. You can't allow this. Tomorrow you will be reborn and allow the Texas sun to show us.

Hope can be found.

                       Coyote/John Castellenas





.



 

© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A new prose poem. I hope you like.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Saw the title, tractor beam. Real curious and you did not disappoint! Loved all of it. The kind of story I've always saw in movies, heard in songs, and read in literature, but this one intrigued me because I remembered you'd told me once or twice that you pretty much traveled all over Texas into the bars and all and that it maybe true or based on a true story. It made me want to read that second part. Really enjoyed it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I loved Austin. Last time I read at a Poetry Reading was in Austin. Best New Year party in the USA.



Reviews

Saw the title, tractor beam. Real curious and you did not disappoint! Loved all of it. The kind of story I've always saw in movies, heard in songs, and read in literature, but this one intrigued me because I remembered you'd told me once or twice that you pretty much traveled all over Texas into the bars and all and that it maybe true or based on a true story. It made me want to read that second part. Really enjoyed it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I loved Austin. Last time I read at a Poetry Reading was in Austin. Best New Year party in the USA.
This is such beautiful prose John. I have fallen in love with these characters.
I guess things really are hotter in Texas, I wish I could feel that heat on a chilly Canadian morning...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Here in Michigan. Cold today. Thank you Ana for reading and the comment.
Very nice and I hope a true story. I do not know to many people who would even know who Hank Williams is. Something about Texas grabs at the heart. Nice write. Valentine

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I was lucky. I saw Hank William Jr. twice in Austin, Texas. He played his songs for two hours than s.. read more
'Kind mistress night brought her to me.' From those opening words I was enchanted. The whole poem is beautifully composed and those lines 'summer dresses and beautiful women were everywhere, I wrote poetry today near the Austin river of wild roses and beautiful women,' are just sublime.

Loved this, really did.


Beccy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Beccy. I appreciate the comment.
I haven't ever heard this song before, I really like the melody and her haunting voice that creeps in as you listen... kind of like your writing.. you read and become lost within the moving emotion that is tender and sweet most times.. always feels so real.. honest... beautiful... you also have such a talent for story-telling.. feels intimate and compels the reader.... another lovely write..

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you dear Poet. I had my best days roaming Texas.
The way you incorporated the backstory was great. This was Coyote Poetry no doubt.
Your smooth writing style made it flow together even better. It is a unique style that no one could ever fake. This girl is one to remember. I love how bold she was. Texas women. Real gogetters. Great Piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Texas girls are nit afraid of living. Good way to be. Thank you my friend for reading and the commen.. read more
Wow...I don't have words. What an amazing picture you painted. Gave me chills

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you. You are very kind.
A treat of a night with this dear Laura. I hope you enjoyed the day as the sea.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Stayed friends. I did four poetry reading in Austin, Texas from 1994-1997. I hope to begin reading .. read more

My wild rose

We drank the good wines of Germany.
You allowed me to kiss your lips of sweet red wine.
You embraced me tightly and I smelled the wild roses in your tender skin.
You are my Summer and I'm your Fall.
You know laughter and how to dance by the river.
Fearless, beautiful and wild heart.
My wild rose, you made me find dreams and hope.
Thank you my Texas love.


Beautiful My Mother is from Texas
the Yellow rose Meaning friendship Joy sunshine
my mother and my Moms mom may she RIP they
both love the Yellow rose.



My mother was a wild child but I am thankful
my mother taught us to be Modest and tame :)



I was a free spirit more like not being tied
doing my own thing was never a party girl
I got my mothers Creative side I was the Mellow
Docile calm one :)
and was funny about trusting men.




Thank you for this sharing your beautiful
memories my friend.




Blessings. Benita

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Benita-Staebell M - KindredPoet

9 Years Ago

I know what Texas are like I have a lot of family in Texas over in Killeen Texas and my mother will .. read more
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I lived in Killeen for almost six years. A very nice town.
Benita-Staebell M - KindredPoet

9 Years Ago

Yes Small peaceful town. :)
This is so exotic and I adore the song too, a fav for me :) Your writing allows the reader to live in the present and grab life...take the chance and live...wonderful hon xo

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. It is good music. Nick Cave had that Leonard Cohen feel.
Ruth

9 Years Ago

Oh yes, Nick Cave is awesome, very deep artist xo

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

719 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 15, 2014
Last Updated on October 16, 2014

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Tate Morgan