Black boy down

Black boy down

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Time we surpass the color of skin. It is 2014, brothers and sisters.

"
                             Black boy down

Another kid killed in the USA. Media described young black man killed by police. I don't know. I was sadden a young man was killed. I didn't care if he was black or white.

A lot of people pissed off. Burning cities down. Who won? Poor family lost their child. Should of been a time of mourning and than a time of repairing. Repairing mean next election toss out the trash and train the police officers to hand situation with better care.

I was born and raised in Detroit. Good and bad people like all places. I never looked for trouble and trouble never found me. I was a white face in a mainly black school. I was rarely bothers and I didn't know. Some people looked down at the poor.

I was in the Army for almost 15 years. My mentors were Black Non Commission Officers. They looked at me as a man and I looked at them with great respect. Military taught us Soldiers. We are all blood, skin and bone. We have families, like to laugh and want respect.

Black boy down. Laying dead. Who to blame? All through the USA. Leaders are forgetting the kids. Kids need to be busy and active. Need education and opportunity.

Today I pray for the parent of  Michael Brown and  tamir-rice. Just kids. Here in the USA. We should be pissed off. Teach Police Officers how to handle kids. Killing should be the last resolve.

Today I'm holding sadness. Kids were killed. Lights of life gone forever. The child killed today could of been the savior of us from violence and hate tomorrow.

Don't burn the cities down. Vote the poor leaders out and demand police reform. Today I'm praying today for the families who lost their children. We need to stand with them and cry.

Here in the USA. Time to change to the ways of Europe. Some places in Europe, Police officers don't carry guns.
Kids have opportunity.

                             Coyote/John Castellenas




© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Sad days for the USA.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Amazing how there was controversy cause he was black, if he were white there would not have been an issue… I watch a video once of a cop shooting a suspect, the first time it looked like he was shooting a man giving up, but in slow motion you could see the man was reaching for a weapon… not all is as it seems sometimes.

Posted 9 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I was a Soldier. You take cover before killing. Observe and decide. Being a police officer. Wound be.. read more
The Analog Kid

9 Years Ago

Totally agree with Dale here.



Reviews

"...Black Non Commission Officers. They looked at me as a man and I looked at them with great respect..." - the world seems to be in a state of uncivilising - retrgrade steps CP. This poem holds so many of the 'undeniable truths' that your forefathers wished to see form the backbone of a people. It is sad that you felt compelled to write this about those same 'people'. But all is never lost...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

"the world seems to be in a state of uncivilising"
The above line is true. After Bill Clinton .. read more
I don't know what's going on with LE these days, or ever for that matter but one thing's obvious. The DA'S in all these cases decided to let the cops walk. My boy John Stewart talked about this on his show just a few days ago. Great piece Coyote. I grew up in the rural south where weapons were a fact of daily life and no one ever thought about school slayings or the local sheriff's blowing kids away. That kind of violence never happened in our crappy little town. In fact nothing ever happened in that town.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I was stationed in Germany. Old NCO told us. German police don't carry guns. Don't piss them off. Th.. read more
Unfortunately it's the world we live in its what it has come to truly it's frightening disappointing and an eye opener too just draws me closer to my decision!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I don't know. Maybe it is time we slow down and find the old beliefs again. Old world is going mad. .. read more
Layi Tate

9 Years Ago

I definitely agree people need something Hope for Humanity has gone out the window ..... As for beli.. read more
Wow......Just wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you dear Poet for reading. Enough killing and riots. Time to repair and fix the problems.
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

I agree completely
And another sad day for humankind John. Why, oh why, do we never learn the lesson. Colour, creed, belief, should mean nothing. All that ought to count is that we are all brothers and sisters made in the same image and gifted with a beautiful world that we make ugly by such actions.

Beccy.





Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I pray for better days Beccy. Thank you for reading and the comment.
I feel this poem focuses on the deep sadness that runs through both situations. These killing were unjust, and this is the reason for the protests. We must fight against the evils of society to prevent another black family's sadness.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

All kids must be safe. All races are mistreated. Don't kill without real reason.Training is needed. .. read more
The Rock And Roll Cowboy seems to be firing from the hip on this issue. He was unarmed, the offence was suspected of stealing cigarillo's, and there were gaps between shots? "Opps!. That twitching could be him going for a gun; need five more shorts. It was a blatent killing! you hae to be a guttless wonder or insane with predudice to need six bullets to subdue an unarmed youth. Ande it was not a 'Grand Jury that made the decision, it was the 'Grunge Jury'. And where is the relevance if there is no uproar if it happened to a white youth? That simply suggests they don't care about their own. Thank God they are only blanks you are firing Cowboy. Statistics are where the truth is to be found, and there has just been another added.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Can't always kill. This is not war. Kids will test the system. Need wisdom and common sense before k.. read more
I don't want to be that person but it wasn't because he was black, he was armed. Now I totally agree that the officer should have wounded him before killing him but he was probably full of nerves! Maybe it was an accident maybe he regrets it. But I don't believe he was shot and killed only because he was of coloured skin.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

My concern is not race. It is the safety of our kids. The cities are not war zones. Here in Detroit... read more
Nice one, this is beautiful, i feel your anguish.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment.
I believe (as apparently you do) that poems can stand as launching points for change, or at least,
a starting point for discussion. Nicely written

dana

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you. We must know change. No-one wins when a child is killed.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1138 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 2, 2014
Last Updated on December 2, 2014

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


If You... If You...

A Poem by s y e


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil