Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A new poem. I hope you like.

"
                                     Fallen Angels

In the lair of the fallen angels. Old men talk of fleeing love, old war and missed faces.

I joined the club at a young age. Bad decisions, dead brothers and greed in love made me turn old and cold. I was used-up and knew old man wisdom too soon.

We had the women with us too. Women can get dirty and wasteful too. The entrance of the Purgatory is wide open and anyone is free to enter.

The music of Elvis, Johnnie Cash, Willie and Hank is being sang for us. Here in Austin, Texas. A lot of fallen angel are waiting for nothing.

Jenny from Belton, Texas. She told me.  "cold hearten are we. Once you told me I was pretty and sweet but you won't go home with me." I looked at her flowing auburn hair and  low-cut blouse allowing me to see robust breasts. Her  crossed legs not hiding her perfect long Texas girl legs. Her short and tight black skirt allowed my mind to wander and wish.

I reached over and I kissed her and I told her. "You don't want my whiskey kisses. Once I believed love was life. Life was love. The dignity of love was defaced. Do you want to dance with a dead man in heart and hope? She laughed at my words. Wrapped her arms around me and she sang a song into my right ear.

"Bitter branches are we. Once we were deep roots in the fresh and healthy soil of life. Now we are slowly dying. Our song turn bittersweet. You are me and I'm you. Just strangers dancing to old songs and harden memories."

I embraced her. I inhaled her perfume of the wildflower in her hair and tender neck. I told her. Can the casualty of consumption and wasteful attempts at love. Can they know peace?

Jenny pushed me away and she caressed my face. She told me. "Come a-time where we need to feed the flesh and hope for some laughter. Us fallen angels at the Purgatory Inn know one thing. Love is hard, ain't cheap and we will pay for every kiss and embrace".

I ordered two more Long Island ice tea and I told her. Sweet Jenny, I will be honored to have your company. I have no place to go and maybe we can find the light of some kind of hope. Jenny smiled. She laid her head upon my shoulder and we allowed Hank and Willie to take us to the dance floor and better places..
                                 Coyote/John Castellenas
                       

© 2015 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a strong one Coyote - full of metaphor and imagery.
I liked the idea of the Purgatory Inn and the souls there comforting each and opening their hearts for little comforts, to feel human again.
The final stanza is akin to the 'We'll always have Paris' scene for me in its sheer romanticism.
I think this is my favourite of yours ever.
Thanks for sharing CP !

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Anto. I appreciate the comment. Old memories came out. I wrote five poems yesterday.
ANTO

9 Years Ago

Wow - prolific - I wish 5 would come out in 1 week !
thanks Coyote



Reviews

Lovely little story told in poetic manner

Note:
"I told her. Can the casualty of consumption and wasteful attempts at love. Can they know peace?" This part is strange. No quotations. The first part says you're telling something, yet the next part is said like a question.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. Story need a edit.
Dark charm sometimes covers stark reality; truth is, here, dark charm may well have remade reality.
An enchanting tale--one during which the reader increasingly hoped for--and finally got--the happiest possible ending.
Masterful story-telling, good poet!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

When people want little. Can find small happy ending. Thank you Frankie for reading and the comment.
You have such a way with emotion and imagery in your poetic story-telling that has such an exquisite way of transporting me to another time and place and allowing me glimpses into bittersweet longing, love, and life as you sprinkle lessons throughout.. It is always a well-rounded experience that tugs on the heartstrings and has me leaving feeling touched by your wise, warm spirit. "Can the casualty of consumption and wasteful attempts at love know peace?"... I think that is something that a lot of us have asked at one time or another.. I admit to allowing the music to take my heart to better places, if only for stolen moments such as this poem hints at.. sometimes, we just have to take what we can get.. physical intimacy is something that we all need, crave, and want at times in our life.. lovely writing as always..

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are right and thank you for reading and the comment. Life is constant learning.
( Do you want to dance with a dead man in heart and hope?) Ah yes John, this is the pervading message I feel in this write. (Can the casualty of consumption and wasteful attempts at love. Can they know peace?) This is a question you would probably be very wise to answer for yourself my new fellow wordsmith. May peace come to you always. ~Sharon

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I did my peace. At 37 years old. Got marriage, no more bars and I learn. You must leave something wo.. read more
Miss Sharon

9 Years Ago

I am happy to read these words!! ~Sharon
Definitely a beautiful poem Coyote! I love the imagery in this piece... felt so real when I was done reading it. Great work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Aaron. Old places and memories can leave needed words to be written.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
A dreamlike fairy tale John. I almost waited for sugar plums and swans to join in the last dance. A wealth of sensory details.
"Love is hard, ain't cheap and we will pay for every kiss and embrace" - don't we all?
thank you for sharing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment.
~

9 Years Ago

You are welcome!
This is just great, Coyote! There are many gems in this piece, but this is one of my favourites: "Once I believed love was life. Life was love. The dignity of love was defaced. Do you want to dance with a dead man in heart and hope?"
It is strong emotions and evocative scenes and characters you conjure for the reader.
I enjoyed reading it!
Mai

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Mai. I do like my Texas poetry. I was young and maybe a bit loco.
Mai L Nissen

9 Years Ago

Well, most young people are :)
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I taught my kids. Have fun, test life and travel. We will work for 50 years. Good to be loco and you.. read more
Even angels can fall...sad, but true.
Your words are honest and heartfelt my friend.

:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Julie. I appreciate the comment.
MsJewel

9 Years Ago

My pleasure
Coyote, thank you for the lovely comments on my poetry! I created this account hardly an hour ago and I am already greeted with such kind words. I really appreciate it.

I really enjoyed this poem. It was very anecdotal yet dreamlike. The figurative language was a great choice for the sorrowful and sentimental emotions that were expressed here, and the specifics of the state (Texas) and the music playing (Cash, Elvis, Willie and Hank) gave a really cozy and up-close look of exactly what the scenario between the narrator and "Jenny" feels like. Thank you for the beautiful memories you have let us take a look into.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I enjoyed your poetry. I had to read them all. Best poetry is about love. I write old man.. read more
The music of Elvis, Johnnie Cash, Willie and Hank is being sang for us. Here in Austin, Texas. A lot of fallen angel are waiting for nothing … liking these tales from the Purgatory Inn.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

If I was a rich man. I would create tavern called Purgatory Inn. I do like these stories. Thank you.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

715 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 4, 2015
Last Updated on March 4, 2015

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Confide Confide

A Poem by A. Amos