Real self

Real self

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
                             Real self
I poured the sweet wine into the wine glasses and I watched your dancing eyes wanting to be fearless and wild.
We drink to us and we drink to hope. You arise and drop your Summer dress. I brought you close and whispered. Don't rush things that should be a perfect memory. A woman undressing should be magical and create seduction of eyes, mind and body. Showing real self before giving everything. Leave a emptiness. We shall drink the sweet wine and open the window. We will dance for the moon and the stars. We will drink the wine till the bottle is empty. I need your laughter, your true face and to know what is hidden behind those wild hazel eyes.

-----

                             Opening of doors
Pretty lady sat alone with a double shot of whiskey and a cold tap beer. I sat next to her and I ordered the same.
She looked at me and told me. "You fake cowboys need to leave me be. You will be doomed to failure if you yearn kiss and embrace. "I smiled and I told her. Not a cowboy, a northern boy who liked the whiskey, the tap beer and pretty Texas woman. I know honey. Can't open lock doors with sweet words when a woman is filled with anger and regret. She gave me a beautiful Texas smile and asked. "Are you a poet or a fool? Both are the same. Poets believe in love, believe in peace and they have hearts that yearn for things. They cannot have."

I smiled and I told her. Opening of doors to hope and chance. A dangerous leap. I promise to be safe as a kitten if you allow me to take you dancing. Let's drink less tonight and dance more. Love is for the lucky and I have never been lucky pretty lady. She smiled and laughed. She told me. "You northern boys are slicker than a Texas highway in the Summer. I will go dancing with you because you make me smile. Maybe I need to drink less and dance more. Regret and anger lead to too much drinking and bad mornings awaking with bad head and lousy stomach."

We drank the whiskey and we finished the tap beer. We crossed the Austin 5th street and we found a country bar and dance hall. She asked me. "Can you Northern boys do a Texas two-step?  I told her. " Waltz and the Texas two-step. New skilled learn in Texas. She laughed and smiled. "I like you Poet. I need some laughter and dance. Maybe it is time to come alive again.

                     John Castellenas/Coyote


© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I find myself sighing every time I pop in to read one of yours.
Part one: Real self. This man is patient. As it should be. Too often we rush it because most men are impatient.
Part two: Opening doors. What a charming scene unfolds. And a good lesson too. Enjoy the moments life gives us to embrace love.

Posted 7 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are right my friend. Misery liked company and sometime misery of two can lead to better place. T.. read more
Ana Papaya

7 Years Ago

That's true. Double negative equals positive. :)
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are right my friend.



Reviews

This is very beautiful. An honest reflection with a poetic heart and a writers eyes; I love it! In my mind the first part is years after the second and the couple who met that night turned out to be soul mates

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are right. Love can die as quickly as it was born.
Winslow Des Totes

7 Years Ago

:/ Yeah but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. ;)
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

We must try.
We all need to take those dangerous leaps now and again John, otherwise we would all only know one heart homes. And who would we two step with then? As always, softly spoken words from the heart and memories brought to life in your words.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Nemo. I appreciate your kind words.
Lorry

7 Years Ago

you're very welcome.
Patient, caring and thoughtful. This is one ill return to read again and again. I really just loved this writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Neal. I appreciate the comment.
"Poets believe in love, believe in peace and they have hearts that yearn for things. They cannot have."

I agree with this. It is better to have one dream, than to be entirely without. =)


"..Maybe it is time to come alive again."

We all need that. Noting that it's time to live, love and laugh, NOT to hate.


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I agree dear Sarah. Need more love, concern and kindness in this would.
Real Self: I love the idea of dropping her dress, then getting a little lecture about taking it slower. Usually it's the other way around between a male & female. I wish everyone could slow down more & soak in the sensations of many aspects of life.

Opening of Doors: Excellent, realistic, original-sounding dialogue. Nice friction between the two balanced with attraction, too. "Slicker than a TX hwy in summer" is an awesome line.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I was told I was slicker than a Texas highway a few times. I always loved conversation. All of us ha.. read more
Poets believe in love, believe in peace and they have hearts that yearn for things. They cannot have."
:) liked these lines...
the way you have treated your loved ones show the person you truly are ...
a fine gentleman ...
love reading your stories a look into the past


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Ria. I have always believe good things take time.
Very heartfelt and nicely done overall I thought you did a great job on this .

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Sean for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Lovely storytelling, written with heart

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Moon. I appreciate the comment.
There is so much truth in your poem... in the quest for equality we have lost our need for romance and femininity..... we should find a balance for both...maybe future generations will be able to create that! wonderful poem, nostalgia, with a dose of reality!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I hope so too. Cell phone world had forget the simple things to knowing happiness and thank you for.. read more
yes, i suppose...we are both poets and fools...but we do love...we don't miss out on that, no matter what state we are in...

you tell great stories, Coyote.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob. I appreciate the comment my friend.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1034 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 13, 2016
Last Updated on October 13, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


64 64

A Poem by Lydia Shutter