The Poet's love- life, death and the good wine

The Poet's love- life, death and the good wine

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

A new chapter

"
                  The Poet's love-life, death and the good wine

The four good friends sat near the Trujillo bay.


Lawrence told them. Trujillo was touched by God. The bay and the gentle people. A blessing for the few to had known her. I'm glad we are together once again. Even with old age and sickness. Johnnie came to die and find his Poet's love. Paloma. She smiled and she laughed at the words. Dear Lawrence. Johnnie wanted war and travel. I was just a memory. Leo touched her face and he whispered. John would kill and die for you. Remember the second time in Mexico. I told you stay away from Mexico. They hate people who tell the truth. You forgot when me and Johnnie saved your legs and arms from being on the four corners of Mexico.

She caressed Johnnie legs and she said. I remember those days Leo. I was praying for death and you and Johnnie were almost killed because of me. Johnnie wandered back in thoughts to the days of the war. His deployment  was ending in Iraq and he received a letter from Leo. He told him. Paloma is in Mexico. She is hiding out in the church in Mexico city. He went to Mexico and met his friends. Leo/Lawrence had gathered 20,000 dollars to attempt to save her. Johnnie and Leo went into a gun and knife shop in Mexico city. You pay with cash and no questions are asked. He bought a set of assassins knife and a  45 automatic pistol. Leo asked him. Are we here to kill or help? He told him. Bad people know only bad ways. If Paloma is in trouble. Can fight or run?  Leo bought a 22 pistol and some ammo. She was being hidden in the basement of the Basilica of our Lady of Guadulupe church. Leo's old friend and fellow painter Roberto took her to the church in secret. He found her beaten and alone in a abandon building. The Mexican drug lords had put a bounty on her of 10,000 dollars. Dead or alive. She was captured and she escaped.

Johnnie remember the church was being watched. He counted 10 men. He told Leo in the car. Go three block north. If I don't bring her to you in four hours. We are not returning. One by one. He took-out the men. He didn't kill none yet. Seven men were silenced with tape and rope. He went into the church and the painter Roberto ran to him. He told him. We have 10 minutes. The morning prayer is almost over. Paloma is dressed in clothing of a old woman and you must change too. He put on some white pant and shirt. He put on a white hat. Was enough to cover his white face. Roberto took him to her. She ran to him and she begin to cry. He remembered her this day every day of his life. He remember how the hate and anger took over his mind. Her face bruise and barely could walk. She whispered to him. Johnnie, you were right. Can't save this world. The world don't want to be saved. He whispered. Silence dear Paloma. You must walk strongly and fast. We have three blocks to where Leo is parked. The Mass ended. He and Paloma joined the people wandering out the church. She held on to him tightly. They were not notice leaving the church. 300 morning people seeking the Sunday blessing gave them a easy first step. He notice the men guarding the church were nervous. They looked at every face they could. They escape the attention of the guards and they begin to walk to Leo's car. At a distance. He saw two men had Leo against a wall. He told her. Go hide in the doorway and I will call you to come.  He slowly walked toward the two men. He had the cat assassin knife. A five blade knife and the 45 automatic ready. The men were too busy hitting Leo and asking questions. One of the men turned around and the 45 was at his head. He pounded his head with the gun and the man fell. He stomped his face and neck. The cat knife was at the other man throat as he turned around. He called to her to come and he told Leo. Get in the damn car. He told Leo. Go now and I see you soon my friend. Leo knew Johnnie had no choose. Paloma kissed him and she left with Leo. He watched them drive away. The Mexican man was telling him. You are dead, you are dead. He turned to the man. Kicked him in the groin area and knee caps. He stomped his neck and face. He left two dead bleeding men. 

Paloma awoke him and she told him. I'm sorry Johnnie. I made you do bad things. You are my savior and my sweet love. He smiled and he told her. You are the Poet's love. I would live and die to ensure you were okay. Me and Leo. Last super heroes for a Spanish beauty. Lawrence told them. Enough of the talk of the old days. Today I have good news. My friend Elena is here. A healer from the deep mountains. She brought some
Acronychia baueri, Atropa belladonna Deadly Nightshade and many more. She cured Leo and he offered to marry her even. She told Leo, he was too old. She liked the young men. Elena showed-up. A pretty Honduras woman around forty years old. She touched Johnnie's face and she said. I can save you. Only the good die young and you are not young no-more. Lawrence told them. Tonight will begin the herbal treatment and now we will drink the good Honduras wine, forget death and celebrate life. Tonight we welcome our new friend Elena and we will pray for good weather and long life.

                        John Castellenas/Coyote


© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A new chapter

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Such love and commitment very rare to find, life is not fair but God is, no matter what wrongs have been done grace is bigger than sin, the ways of the world cannot be saved no hard we try but somewhere something must shift and bring change, in the end everything males sense🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

A long story dear Kelly. Thank you for reading. Look up Susana Castillo Chavez. A wonderful Poet we .. read more
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

6 Years Ago

Such beautiful words and memories I will do 🌹



Reviews

Such love and commitment very rare to find, life is not fair but God is, no matter what wrongs have been done grace is bigger than sin, the ways of the world cannot be saved no hard we try but somewhere something must shift and bring change, in the end everything males sense🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

A long story dear Kelly. Thank you for reading. Look up Susana Castillo Chavez. A wonderful Poet we .. read more
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

6 Years Ago

Such beautiful words and memories I will do 🌹
This tale gets more and more exciting with each new chapter. You write very very well.

Take care - Dave

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are very kind Dave, I do appreciate the comment and your time.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
Was he standing up for her, is that why the violence happened. So suspenseful and dramatic, Like this chapter here.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Yes he was. He befriended her and Leo requested his help. Johnnie was a angry man. Thank you dear fr.. read more
Oh Wow! this is getting suspenseful and has action abound, I usually don't read stories cause they are lengthy and I have bad eyes, but I am enjoying this. I can see it all unfold.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear Poet. I do appreciate the comment.
Damn, I needed more. You crammed so much into this short chapter John, having stayed up to read, I feel a bit let down, not your fault, I just wanted it to go on. Sugar, sounds like I am hooked

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Neville. You give me reasons to write.
I read this epic story like I was watching a great movie. So dramatic and suspenseful. Eloquent wtiting, rich with authenticity and detail. Paloma such a brave warrior, saved from certain death by Johnnie. Glorious characters and master storytelling from beginning to end. Kudos!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Annette. I appreciate the comment. A hard story to write. Base on real people and actions.
Annette Pisano-Higley

6 Years Ago

You are most welcome. Yes it must be. It is a great piece of work my friend.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 27, 2017
Last Updated on December 3, 2018


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..