The Poet' love -- Puerto Barrios

The Poet' love -- Puerto Barrios

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

A new chapter.

"
                          The Poet's love -- Puerto Barrios

The trip was long and very odd. There was no direct route to Puerto Barrios. Paloma knew the reason the true reasons for the road trip to Puerto Barrios. She believed Johnnie didn't know. Lawrence told her. Most talented herbalist  in the Central Americans made her home there. She was consider a Nagual. Her birth place was unknown and no-one asked. Most of the best Herbalist trained with her from Central American and Mexico. Including Elena for two years. Her name was Rosa. Mexican people came from Mexico city for her treatments. They called her the Nagual of hope. She would cure you or make your death softer and less painful. She prayed she could help her Johnnie.

Was a long silence. The darkness made the five people keep silence till the morning light. Johnnie asked Lawrence. You told me you never left Honduras? Now we are a giant field trip to find a miracle cure. Lawrence smiled  and he told him. I can't trick the Coyote. The trickster cannot be tricked. You know my friend. I won't give-up. I gave-up on my dear wife and I sweared never to give-up again on someone I love and care for. You shall meet the most beautiful woman in Central America. Her name is Rosa. The people of Central America and Mexico, they call her the sweet flower. She is very beautiful and she understand the plants. They say she talked to them. She had made powerful medicine that had cured and extended many people lives. Johnnie laughed and he whispered. I believe she bewitched you my friend with her beauty, her eyes and her belief people can be cure. Dear Lawrence. Maybe she bewitched them and the  patients mind, cured the cancer? With hope and prayer.

Leo told them. The mind is more powerful then you believe. Elena took me to Rosa and she is a goddess. She made me bathe in waters with unknown herbs and I drank her teas. She massage me with natural oil. In two weeks in her clinic. The cancer was dormant and hidden. I was lucky. I caught the cancer early. I lost my voice and Lawrence called Elena.  Johnnie, you waited too long. I know you. You felt like s**t and didn't pay attention. You told me often. Don't need doctors. Like most old fools. They learn too late. You will love Puerto Barrios. A twin city of Trujillo.  Kind people, the sea near and the best drink I have ever tasted in my life. I made this city. My second favorite. Johnnie reached over and kissed Leo's neck. Don't be too easy on me. Us old Fool's are many in this truck. Paloma was looking at the long road and she asked Lawrence. Do you believe Johnnie's cancer can be cured? Lawrence looked very serious and he told her. I have seen a few miracles. I'm praying for one more.

Fifteen hours in the truck and the five people. Legs, backs and minds were tire of the truck. Johnnie took Paloma hands and he kissed them. He told her. Leo didn't lie. Puerto Barrios is beautiful. Puerto Barrios was in their view now. Lawrence told them. Tonight we eat, drink and dance. In the early morning. Johnnie will begin his treatment with Rosa. Paloma looked at Johnnie and she told him. Tonight we sit by the bay. All of us. Allow Leo to take some photos. Maybe handsome Leo will paint a masterpiece for us in his free time.

The hotel was beautiful, it sat on the bay with the Gulf of Mexico in view. It was old fashion and modern at the same time. Lawrence had rented three rooms facing the bay. You could see the open beach and the fishing boats. The night was cooler and after 15 hours in the car. All of them needed to wander. To move their feet and their bodies. Paloma and Johnnie walked the quiet city. Friendly faces greeted the new strangers. Puerto Barrios was guest to many people seeking healing. The city people were polite,and kind to the people seeking healing. They sat by the bay. Just holding hands, allowing the silence to overtake them. She whispered  into wanting ears. I wanted us to do so many things. We surrounded our life with so many things that didn't matter. You found your wars and you learn to seek peace and non-violent. I fought and lost my many battles. Now I accept no-one can change our world. He wrapped his arms around her and he told her. My love, your words are like a running river. They had expanded and so many are listening and paying attention to you. We may not see the changes, but we are lucky. Susana Castillo Chavez words will be scream-out and stop the abuse of the children on the Mexican border. You stood with her for justice and you watched your friend murdered and butchered. People need you. You need to keep the memory of her alive.

I stood at Susana Castillo Chavez mural in Cuidad Juarez. I stood where she was found in the city. I burn sage and I pray for her. I pray she had found peace and her words are never forgotten. She was a martyr for girls who could not speak. I found a painter and a poet. We drank to her and we cries for her and the young girls lost on the border.  I want you and I.  Together to face her final place. Maybe some kind of healing dear Paloma. She looked very sad and she  fell into his arms and she cries. She whispered. I won't  never know peace or understanding. My friend was killed alone in some back alley.

Lawrence and Leo appeared. Paloma clean-up her face and shared a fake smile. Lawrence told them. Come dear friend. Best sea food, best drink and the prettiest women are waiting for the beautiful Paloma and the famous Johnnie. The four walked slowly to the cafe. Paloma put on a fake happy face. She was thankful to be with good friends and Johnnie near. She released Johnnie hand and she went to Leo, kissed his cheeks and face and she held him tightly.



 
At the cafe. A nice set-up for them. You could see the bay of Puerto Barrios and the people were very kind. The food was waiting. They drank the fruity wine and enjoyed the food. Leo did most of the talking. He told them. I had all my painting returned and a living legend. Now I'm old and thank you dear Elena accepted a old man invitation. Elena dancing eyes looked at Leo and he told him. I had no option. You moved in with me and you wouldn't leave. I got use to you. All of a sudden. Lawrence looked up and he stood-up. He went to a beautiful woman. Maybe forty years old and she was wearing a dress of her native city. Showing perfect curves and dangerous smile. Johnnie and Paloma went to her. She hugged Paloma first and she told her. I'm so glad to have met you. The Mexican people talk of a Spanish woman with a heart of gold. Please my beautiful Paloma. You did so much for the silence women and girls. I'm Rosa. She went to Johnnie. She touched his face and then his hands. Dear Johnnie. The black night you are called. They say one man killed off ten men in one night. He returned again. You are myth and tale for the new heroes. The rumor was. If you hurt the Poet's love. You shall die. She held his face and she kissed him warmly. Forcing her body toward him. She held him for a minute. She released him and she told him. I can slow down the cancer. The cancer is in your blood. You will need the Native American healing. Covered tent with herbal smoke to heal outer skin. You will need long baths and many herbal lotion massage to make the body come alive. I will pack you with my herbs. I will try to change your blood. I can't cure you. Only entend your life for maybe three month to a year. Your cancer is dangerous. We will start treatment at three a.m. You and I will become very close dear Johnnie. Maybe you can write a poem for me. Johnnie smiled and he kissed her forehead and he told her. Thank you Rosa. Paloma hugged her she whispered. Please Rosa. Save my Johnnie.

                         John Castellenas/ Coyote










© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
New chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
Peace is always hard to find, but they say it's right in front of you, I would like to no where. I've been looking my life for some peace, when I think I get close to it i awake up again. It hurts to live with pain and knowing you may die one day doesn't help the peace part. We must all say our goodbyes while we are still alive, tomorrow may be too late. I try to say my words as it's the last day I will have cause I don't know if I will see tomorrow. Cancer sucks the life out of you. Hold on to what you have now, tomorrow may not be all that pretty, you just never know.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Powerful words shared my friend. You have been defeating the cancer for 10 years. Keep fighting. I w.. read more



Reviews

You have me sitting on the precipice of hope or wishful thinking. You are an artist in your writing.

Take care - Dave

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Dave for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
Peace is always hard to find, but they say it's right in front of you, I would like to no where. I've been looking my life for some peace, when I think I get close to it i awake up again. It hurts to live with pain and knowing you may die one day doesn't help the peace part. We must all say our goodbyes while we are still alive, tomorrow may be too late. I try to say my words as it's the last day I will have cause I don't know if I will see tomorrow. Cancer sucks the life out of you. Hold on to what you have now, tomorrow may not be all that pretty, you just never know.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Powerful words shared my friend. You have been defeating the cancer for 10 years. Keep fighting. I w.. read more
Cancer is very scary, I've lost 4 family members from cancer. I like this story, The characters are very well protrayed, and you keep them at the pace they are supposed to be in. Others rush their stories, Yours are at a good pace. Your details and imagery is just outstanding. keep on writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear Poet. I liked your comments and your kind words.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 21, 2017
Last Updated on December 3, 2018
Tags: book, story


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hear my cry Hear my cry

A Poem by Simba


Sometimes Sometimes

A Poem by adreamer