If I had magic

If I had magic

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"



                                 If I had magic

Johnnie walked the California Fault line alone. Looking for a ancient and holy place.
The desert mountain hard and her natural beauty.
Perfect place to hide wishing wells and to burn some sage.
A place to pray.



Once I knew anger, war and greed.
Now I sit by Captain Jack, great Chief of the Modoc tribe, hidden waterfall.
I whispered silently to Captain Jack.
We lost great warrior.
Men is killing nature and killing each other.
I come to you, praying for a wish.
To make some wishes into the waterfall and the mountains.

                  If I had magic

If I had magic.
I would wish for every child to have shelter, food and safe place to live.
I would wish for the men of war to become men of peace.
They would send water, food and medicine instead of soldiers and guns.

I burn my lavender sage near the waterfall.
I pray all women and children are safe from violence.
I pray we allow our children to stay young and clean.
Clean of the knowledge of war, death and blood.
Allow our children to learn skills and trade.

If I had magic.
You and I.
Wouldn't fear each other.
We would be friends.
We wouldn't see color, race or belief.
We would see a person who need love, who need kindness and
who want opportunity to do great things.

If I had magic.
I would make the men who hate the earth.
Quit digging-up the earth for the oil.
Quit dropping waste and poison into the rivers, the lakes and the sea.
Quit chopping down the trees in the great forest and the beautiful tropical  forest.

If I had magic.
I would stand with a billion people.
All of us knowing.
We are. One people and one earth.
We would demand the end to separation and demand the end of war.

If I had magic.
You and I.
Would know only laughter and joy.
War and hate would be.
Myth and tale only.
                      John Castellenas/Coyote
                     







© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a wonderful spell you cast with your words! You do have magic in your poetry and verse. A good friend of mine once said that the measure of a man can be found in his prayer. Whatever we worship, we strive to become. Thus, if a man worship a god of vengeance, hate, destruction and death...he will become warlike. But if he worships a god of peace, love, creation and life...he will strive to become a minister of justice for all with truth and peace at the center of all things.Your prayer is beautiful my friend and a fitting representation of your spirit. I enjoyed every word.

Posted 6 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Fabian. I appreciate your kind words.



Reviews

I wish we all had such magic. You wrote this about ten days ago, when the madness had not gotten quite as crazy as it is now! It seems to double & triple all the time, getting worse instead of better. Your words paint a world I want to live in & I thank you for helping us visualize a better way, so we don't get tangled up in all the negativity going around (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Margie. I wish I had the power to fix our world. Maybe we change our world, one person at .. read more
If only people would not "see color, race or belief"...the world would be a much happier peaceful place. That, my friend, would be magic. What a lovely sentiment in this write. I enjoyed it. Happy Healthy New Year to you! Lydi**

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Happy New Year dear Lydia and thank you for reading. I agree. One earth and one people.
dear John... wherever I go, I see people of different Nations and different Faith. Their children are a true reflection of the innocence and purity of ❤️ Love. Your poetry is a Prayer of Hope and Charity. May the New Year bring Peace and Blessings. truly, Pat

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Pat for reading and Happy New Year my friend.
magic.... magic.... magic
The power to change hatred into love , and greed into giving.
It can't be so hard surely?
Just one step at a time from each living person would be a wonderful start ..

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I pray and hope for magic. Thank you Stella for reading and the comment.
We have magic. Helping children reach for a dream. Preparing food for those needing a meal. Consoling the downhearted. All a touch of slight of hand, while we wander away.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

A grand wish for my world Jon. Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
well what more can I say? the sweet words that can touch one's heart.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I pray for calm and peace daily and often.
This is beautiful. If each of us had just a grain of that magic, we could do great things. The thing is, I believe we do have that magic. You do. I do. Everyone who shares these dreams and wishes and prayers has a little of it. We just have to weave it together, into a whole piece.

Beautifully expressed, my friend! ((( hugs )))

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Debbie. Would be nice we all had magic to share to create peace and kind in our world.
Debbie Barry

6 Years Ago

You're most welcome. :)
If I could wave a wand and all pain and suffering and all badness and sadness would disappear...if I only could🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I worry for our world.
Good wishes would save many lives could it only throw off the balance off for a little while until man got mad enough to curl their hair in a style unheard of by many but still would become the trend of the day and many would say do away with these strange ways no matter what you may think there are always for fighters in men to complete I Two would love World Peace but would the world extend to ease our pain for I think Man has Blood shed on the brain.That's a sorry thing to say.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I believe you are right. We don't hear words of peace or a meeting to seek peaceful solutions. Thank.. read more
If I had magic, I'd grow wings like the Red Bull person in the commercial...Just kidding. I enjoyed your write. For just words this has meaning and emotions. well written and expressed

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

If a Red Bull could grow wings. Would be very dangerous. Thank you Alex for reading and the comment... read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1180 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2018
Last Updated on January 9, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..