Home, sweet home.

Home, sweet home.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"
See the source imageThe White cliffs of
Places gthem. They knew home was nea
















The White cliffs of Dover

Places gain value when you are surrounded by  war. The World War one and the World War two soldiers dreams of coming home. The white cliffs of Dover, when they saw them. They knew home was near. Home, sweet home. I saw the white cliffs of Dover in 1977. I could feel the joy of men here and gone. So many wonderful poems for the white cliffs of Dover. Words, written to honor her and England.
The white cliffs of Dover, the first marker of home, sweet home was near. A thousand soldiers cheered when they saw the white cliffs. They had fought in land drowning in blood and they left many brothers  on foreign soil. War left no sweetness for them.
They needed to touch the England shores, kiss the soil and praise the land. The white cliffs of Dover welcomed them home with open arms and in a quiet whisper. Broken or not. She embraced them and she thanks them for serving and protecting freedom.






                The Tennessee  river
We spend one year in the Iraq heat and dust. Damn desert, no trees, no water and hot as hell. We are surrounded by sand and garbage.
My friend Bill told me often.  Soon I will leave this place and I will return to Tennessee. I will be home in late Spring. I will take a 30 day leave and all I will do is fish in the Tennessee river. Drink some cold beer and I won’t never complain
about the Tennessee weather. Rain or shine.  I will be thankful to be home.
Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
You're having or had great journey of worldwide beautiful places friend...we thank you for sharing the experience and details with us and the morale laying on those places too....I really enjoyed the White Cliff of Dover story....soldiers igniting together for serving and protecting their motherland and just for the home sweet home....and then the calm still fishing on the Tennessee river must've been great enjoyment in deserted....
Well me on simple words...I loved reading it...thanks for sharing Coyote😊

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Tahsin. Some places have great meaning. White cliffs of Dover is one of them.
¿

5 Years Ago

You're heartedly welcomed😊!



Reviews

Coyote
I don't know if it is my computer or the picture. It is covering your words or half of them. Can't read the whole text.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Ok. Thank you.
Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

I repost. Couldn't delete photo and move.
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Still the same???
You truly expressed with such pride, passion and relief what they must have felt out with pain and love for country and men. And being back home chilling drinking and doing some fishing in the second one.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

We learn the value of home, when she is far away. Thank you Dee for reading and the comment.
Poignant words. Vera Lynn, the forces sweetheart sang, there'll be bluebirds over, the white cliffs of Dover. Those white cliffs of home meant everything for those, soldiers, sailors and airmen, who were away from home and didn't know when or if they would be back. Same as the Tennessee river. That longing for home when you are away from it. Even when I have been abroad and have flown over those cliffs, it makes me feel happy to be back where I belong. Wonderful words Coyote.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

White cliffs of Dover. One of the special places in our world. Thank you Chris for reading and the c.. read more
You are an excellent word crafter! I can feel the essence of homecoming through this, the gratefulness of returning to familiar surroundings, may those be of the White cliffs of Dover, or of the Tennessee River, it's only through these wonderful moments that we realise the hardships we've gone through. And only by resting in the peaceful embrace of our home, can we gather the strengths and wits to embark on another voyage of self discovery.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree dear friend. Thank you for reading and the comment. I appreciate.
There is no place like home, wherever "home" may be when you have been away and out of your comfort zone.I wonder how many soldiers actually dreamed of seeing the white cliffs of Dover again when they were fighting or laying injured on foreign shore.... just closing their eyes and envisaging the return journey home.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I believe almost every one. I learn how wonderful Michigan was after I left her. I can see. The Brit.. read more
Stella Armour

5 Years Ago

Something to think about , and you are welcome my friend..
Beautiful, organic and honest storytelling. ‘Homecoming’ always soothes the spirit, like seeing those white cliffs after war or fishing in the Tennessee cold beer in hand. Mahalo x

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend and I agree.
Wow! I just felt if I were there. Your heartbelongs to your home. Your soil. Your Land. Nothing feels safer than it.
Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful piece depicting love and peace.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Ghania. I appreciate the comment. Home, is appreciate when she is far away.
Ghania

5 Years Ago

You're welcome! :)
There is a quiet inspirational quality contained here that draws your reader in and holds them in an unhurried and comfortable embrace... I see how those white cliffs were so welcome and alluring to those either returning or visiting for the very first time.... Yes indeed Coyote you have captured the essence of homecoming and provide a stark alternative too, but which is still home for some.... top marks my dear Friend..... Neville

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Neville. I appreciate the kind words.
Neville

5 Years Ago

you are most welcome.... N
Sighing in the wonder and peace of your words. Home seems so different, so full of glory when you return from the hells of this world. How your story speaks into us all, to see the world through different eyes. through grateful, hopeful eyes. Wondrous my friend.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate. Home, become more wonderful when s.. read more
there is nothing more splendid than calling a house a home because there is love trust and affection that surrounds it

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree dear friend. Thank you for reading and the comment.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

436 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2018
Last Updated on November 17, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lost Lost

A Poem by Mark


Journey Journey

A Poem by MOON