Can you see? The truth.

Can you see? The truth.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"
“I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there.”
Mother Teresa 

“As I looked at the stains on the coral, I recalled some of the eloquent phrases of politicians and newsmen about how "gallant" it is for a man to "shed his blood for his country," and "to give his life's blood as a sacrifice," and so on. The words seemed ridiculous. Only the flies benefited.”
Eugene B. Sledge 

“What is left after war is silence: The silence of the death; the silence of the debris; the silence of the birds! After war even the screams of sadness are silent because the pain is in the very depths of the soul!”
Mehmet Murat ildan

                                             Can you see? The truth?


The world will end with weeping and a billion tears of regret. Mankind won't go out with a bang. Not a quick death. Men will learn heavy sorrow for holding silence and not standing, as one for peace.
                            John Castellenas

The sea, the land and the sky are being murdered by men seeking profit. No concern for the gifts given to men. Don't we know. We need the blessing of the sun, the sweet taste of water to live and the land to produce food and air for us to survive. Plant a tree, don't expand,  leaving dead cities to rot. Rebuilt, not destroy.
                            John Castellenas

One people and one earth. Race, color, religion or location won't mean anything to nuclear, bio and chemical warfare.
Every child lost to war. A life lost that could of saved us all. We teach our youth to fight and kill. This is men greatest sin. We are one people and we share one planet. Every life had value. Please teach concern, kindness and love. Not revenge, hate or separation. My kind grandfather taught me. To show respect, anger is fruitless and all people are important. He told me. Listen, talk and pay attention. Better to have a hand, offering friendship than a fist causing separation.
                        John Castellenas/Coyote

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The sector with stop with weeping and a thousand million tears of regret. Mankind won't go out with a bang. it's going to examine heavy sorrow for holding silence and Coursework Writing Service now not status as one for peace. I recalled a number of the eloquent terms of politicians and newsmen approximately how gallant it's far for a man to shed his blood for his united states and to present his existence's blood as a sacrifice. to show appreciate anger is fruitless and all of us are important.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Hillary. I appreciate the comment.



Reviews

Don’t ever give up on your blogs as they are a source of happiness for the people. Keep sharing. Thank you.


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Anna. I appreciate the kind words.
A qualified home inspector will provide you with a report that outlines all of the fixes a home requires both the easy ones and the hard ones. Use this list to price out your project, and also to divide your to do list into projects that need to be done right away, projects apartment loans that you simply want to get done right away, and projects that can wait.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Yes Deanna, we do. Thank you for stopping by. I do appreciate.
" The sea, the land and the sky are being murdered by men seeking profit. No concern for the gifts given to men. Don't we know. We need the blessing of the sun, the sweet taste of water to live and the land to produce food and air for us to survive. Plant a tree, don't expand, leaving dead cities to rot. Rebuilt, not destroy."
wow, what powerful words. just look at history, mankind, ie. politicians, never learn!
politicians (from all countries) would only learn if they also had to don a soldiers uniform, carry a rifle & enter the arena of war & possibly sacrifice their own blood. maybe then they would try harder with negotiations or just let things go.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Peace, a word rarely said. Two of the longest wars are going on. Can't hear a whisper of complain. T.. read more
and they are all true,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

A scary world my friend.
 wordman

5 Years Ago

yes it is,and getting worse
Your words remind of something I try to live by. You teach by example. It is easy to teach to destroy. Harder to show what could be. Still learning from what I see. Hoping I can do better.

Jon

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

We all must do better. Thank you Jon for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
NOT just words. My heart cries "Yes! Yes! at the end of nearly every sentence quoted here.
The exception is the first sentence in the Mother Teresa quote, for I have marched in countless anti war demonstrations.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

We must stand against violence. You did right to march in anti-war demonstrations. If we stay silenc.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Life experience has gifted you wisdom few on here write with Coyote. Perhaps though this gained by seeing things man really ought not to.
Hope you are well.
Good morning

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Life teaches us all. Right and wrong. Some folks decide wrong is right. Thank you my friend for read.. read more
Words of wisdom on mankind especially as you have served your country John.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Andrew. I appreciate the comment.
these are NOT just words, they are so meaningful...and that ending..."better to have a hand offering friendship than a fist causing separation" is absolutely true.

Posted 5 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob. I appreciate the comment. I pray we change the direction of our world.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

828 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 14, 2018
Last Updated on September 14, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


She.. She..

A Poem by Saumya