I am going to take care of you

I am going to take care of you

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"


                            I am going to take care of you

I was trying to drink myself to death, I had the Iron Mountain blues and the whiskey nights made the night roll easy. Maybe was a woman, maybe it was just the sin and the gin catching-up with me?

Jazz band played soft music and Johnnie danced alone. Pretty Kathy, Iron Mountain beauty with the river blue eyes came to me. She wrapped her arms around me, kissed my face and she whispered. "Damn karma kicking your a*s, Johnnie thought he was a lover, he thought he was a tamer. He learn, woman are the teachers. They allow you in and they allow you to escape. Once, you wanted me and I knew. You were just wishing for the taste of my tender kiss and you wanted to do the midnight dance. Now dear Johnnie, I like you sad, I like you swimming in s**t. Your eyes, dark, cold and lonely. You had learn. Love demand payment."

Dear Kathy brought me closer, kissed me softly, kissed me hard and she whispered. "I have been sad, I have been abuse and I like you Johnnie. You were always been kind to me. You treated me like a princess when other people called me dirt and waste. I loved when you looked at me. Like I was pretty and sweet."

I told her. Beautiful Kathy, you are wonderful. Always a blessing to my heart, my eyes. You are so damn pretty and so sweet my love. My last friend I have. I would never break your heart.

She smiled and she whispered. "Don't be sad no-more Johnnie, Let's buy and let's drink some sweet wine, find the places where we can watch the Wisconsin  river run and listen to some song. I am going to take care of you. Maybe forever, maybe just for a little while. You and I. Two people on the same path, maybe playing truth or dare? If you are willing. Maybe we can find places of laughter and true love?"

I brought her closer and I kissed her softly, I kissed her long. I whispered. Thank you my sweet girl, my Iron Mountain blessing.

                                 Dancing Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A writing full of wisdom, especially about women. Love is to be revered, maybe forever, maybe for a little while. Your poetic voice is respected as much as it is loved.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the kind words. I do appreciate.
Wonderful story of love that warms my heart Coyote. I so enjoy your lines. All good wishes.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Chris and I appreciate your comment.
When a good woman makes a promise of love and care, she never breaks that promise and an honest man always knows that. You know how to capture a heart with love stories John. Your wonderful words are always a source of romantic inspiration.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Mrudula. I appreciate your comment.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
sweet as the wine, red as it blooms in love... pax

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
Such a wonderful and beautiful write here.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Ryanna. Good song can take us back to better days.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 23, 2019
Last Updated on January 23, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fever Fever

A Poem by Coyote Poetry