Once upon a time

Once upon a time

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

A new chapter.

"

Once upon a time, leftover wine


Johnnie and Abigail held hands and they sat in a needed silence at a picnic table away from the lake and the people. Had been 30 years since they had found each other in 1988. Abigail had long blond hair flowing down to her deep back, she was slim and in perfect shape. She had gained some weight, made her more beautiful. I told her. Thank you dear Abigail for coming to me. Had been so long since I saw your beautiful face, I have never forgotten you. I wrote a million words for you. Soft tears fell from her face and she whispered. Johnnie, where did you go? We made promises in 1988 and you disappeared again. I lost my father and I lost you. My father loved you. He told me often before his heart attack. Johnnie will return one day honey and he will be okay. Are you okay?

 

He kissed her hands and he told her. Remember in 1977. I came home to attend your father’s funeral. I stayed with you at Eastern for two weeks. I was mess-up and you caressed my face and you sang to me every night. You saw my war-face and we made promises I would break. I had demons and great anger. Dear Abigail, you didn’t deserve a man walking the line of life and death. Remember the night in the club at Eastern. When the man attempted to touch you. I almost killed him. My hands were on his throat and my foot was in his chest. I saw your face. I saw the fear and I knew. You were a savior, going to be a nurse and I had the bloody Army. I had my bloody hate, my dad hate. She stood-up and she came to me and she whispered. Johnnie, I remember those days with different eyes. We slept in the same bed and you never tried to take me. I told you. The standing horse statue would runaway at Eastern Michigan if a virgin graduated still innocence. I was willing and you told me. Love is patience, we have time for all things. Tonight just hold me and please sing to me dear lover. These are my memories I hold and I was scared at the club. You would have killed the man. This man been bothering me for one year and after meeting you. Never spoke a word to me after. I know the fear in my eyes saved the man’s life. I was young and foolish. I thought life was easy and simple. You knew already the dirt and the blood of life. I am sorry.

 

I kissed her a hundred time and we sat like old lovers, holding hand in a peaceful silence. We watched the kids and the mama enjoying the days of Summer. I have your last letter still from 1977. She handed the letter to him. Was just a poem.

 

“My beloved, my sweetness, my Abigail

 
I have loved you for 17 year,
you were my first school love and my only love I ever wanted.
I remember you pretty smile and the voice of an angel.
I took your hand at five years old and I never wanted to release your hand.

 

You taught me to dance,
you taught me to love Lake Huron and Lake St. Clair.
We were two kids with the Gypsy’s heart.

We knew love,
never stole from each other.
You were my beautiful dream and you were right.

 

You told me,
please Johnnie,
don’t follow your father’s road to war and hell.
Even you couldn’t stop my tomfoolery.

 

I learn at Eastern.
You were sweeter than Michigan Fall honey and
I was left-over wins,
bitter and sour with hate.

 

I am sorry dear Abigail, I must go.
I believe I am a heavy weight for you to carry.
This isn’t a goodbye,
just a “Until we can meet again. ”
Please don’t be sad and please do the great things you can do.

 

I remember when you sang to me at Eastern,
caressed my face and you sang the sweet song to me,
blessed days.

 

I love you Abigail.
Please don’t be sad,
I will think of my Irish girl daily,
forever and a day.

 

A million kisses and I love you
Johnnie”

 

Tears fell from my eyes and I looked in her eyes. Her blue eyes heavy with sadness and she whispered. You made me cry for two days and I learn later. I should have went to you. Take two to tango, and one to forget. I wish I was braver, today is a new day. We are wiser, I hope. This time my dear Johnnie. I won’t allow you to break my heart again. We are going to find Port Austin and dance with lake Huron.

Johnnie             



© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
New chapter

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah you old romantic. The tale continues as Johnny breaks hearts with his roguishness and charm. Always filled with sentimental but heartbreaking dilemmas.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you John for reading and the comment. I do appreciate my friend.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 6, 2019
Last Updated on February 6, 2019


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing