Iodine

Iodine

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Leonard Cohen, poet of song.

"

Iodine

 

For years I have swim in s**t and I didn’t care. I dodged the longing, belonging and needy want of love. I learn love is fair. In the end, winners and losers find the same dead-end.

 

The pretty girl wanting eyes looked into my eyes. Searching for the salvation of perfect kiss and embrace. I wrote a poem for her, just honest words to smooth the way to an unrequited love.



------------------

Iodine


Lace, silk sheets and long night, make the lovers wish and hold out.
Dark is the night when lonely people confuse lust for love,
the body needs make us accept the fear, the knowing love is fleeing and love is invisible.
The sweet hard kiss tasted like stale whiskey and old wine.
Unkempt love must find mutual place and need.
You are an ornament of beauty, a treasure for a wise man.
Dead heart and hope cannot be healed by the kiss of the Iodine cure.
The dead never can rise again. Love arising, just myth and tale for the desperate.

-----------------------------

 

The pretty girl smiled. Her eyes like a wild cat staring down wanted prey. She told me. Pretty words dear Poet. Meaningless to a dancing-girls who know the truth. Sacred love is alluring and sweet, but amidst the frailness of living. We take what we need. I have heard sweet song of love and great promises. Now I accept rustic words and just enough. Promises not made, cannot be broken. We must dig deep into the well of hope and sweetness. Find safety and some place of comfort to rest and feel a warm body near. She kissed my face and neck, held me tightly.

 

I have loved this woman for a long time. A different kind of love. I watched her dance for years and we became friends. I loved her long legs, long auburn hair and perfect body. I was her ride home and safe place to land. Today her hazel eyes were needy. I told her. Dear Kathy, I’m humble by your words. I know woman control all things. If you need me, I’m here, I will follow you to unknown place.

 

She took my hand and we went to open dance floor in the Belton, Texas and I held her close. She stirred hope and laughter with her voice and pretty smile. She whispered to my wanting ear. This is life Johnnie. We must dispose of the past leaving the echos of disappointment behind. In the midnight hour. I want you to drink of me, make me feel needed, like I’m the only one you need.

 

I kissed her long and sweet and I whispered. You are the only one my love.


John Castellenas/Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A re-write

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your words always just catch me. Like a beautiful piece of music heard for the first time; they take me back into my own experiences and isn't that what poetry is meant to do? Thank you John for such an amazing,(and imaginatively titled) piece of writing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Ken. Old thoughts, old journey become the wealth for writing.



Reviews

This is a great story that shows how life can be messy & not always in order, but these are the best times with other people, when things get tangled. The best part of your story is how you are never judgmental when you show tangled lives . . . there's never any hint of scorn hidden in the way you describe people, your depictions of each person are always flowing with respect & honor (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Margie. Us, story tellers. We love the story.
a song, a poem and a magnificent tale of love... what better way to fill an empty page.... very moving and so easy to relate to my friend.............. N

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Neville. We need to dance with the wild one's.
Neville

5 Years Ago

absolutely.... :)
Your posts are always deeply romantic and filled with real-life experiences. No matter how different people may be, they can share love. That is a constant. It is universal. Beautifully written, John. Lydi**

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Lydia. I appreciate the comment and I agree.
This gave me shivers at the end. Lovers with a different idea of love and perhaps a very different view of the world, meeting in the middle where they share the same human needs for lust, love and affection. My favourite line; 'Dark is the night when lonely people confuse lust for love' - oh so true. Plus, how are we supposed to recognise the difference when, as you say, love is invisible?
Thought provoking, thanks for sharing I really love this.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you LauraKate. I enjoyed your work also.
Your words always just catch me. Like a beautiful piece of music heard for the first time; they take me back into my own experiences and isn't that what poetry is meant to do? Thank you John for such an amazing,(and imaginatively titled) piece of writing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Ken. Old thoughts, old journey become the wealth for writing.
i like the title totally unique

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my dear friend. I appreciate the comment.
One for my library John, i love everything about this write... the truths of lust and love.... the honesty... it is your best write ever for me my friend :))

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stella Armour

5 Years Ago

this is one of those writes that Leonard Cohen would be proud of if it were his i am sure :)
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Leonard Cohen, missed Poet of song.
Stella Armour

5 Years Ago

very much missed, i have several of his books and cds .... loved the man like most women lol
As always you create a mix of the sad and the romantic in descriptive writing that has feeling and a kindly soul Coyote John.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you John. When you are lowly. Many waiting at the same level.
if you dig deeply enough, yes, you can find love again...you prove it here...
drink of her and be happy.
the need will be sated.
j.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob for reading. I appreciate the comment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 27, 2019
Last Updated on March 28, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..