Liar's moon lullaby

Liar's moon lullaby

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Some words and some song.

"

                           Liar's moon lullaby


I told the liar's moon, eleven anthrax  shots given to my by the Army. I have forgotten more than I remember.

I search my deaden mind for faces, for the wonderful places I have seen and things lost.

Tonight I sat with a brown-hair lady wearing a multi-colored Summer dress, soft shoulders tempting me and a smile of gold by the sea. I told her, she was so damn beautiful, you could be my muse, my siren?

She looked hard into my face and she whispered, dear poet, I see your sad eyes, in your eyes, I can see regret, joy, great sadness and ancient things.

I told her, you are a Poet's dream, eyes of coffee-brown and you make me wish for untold kisses and great adventure. I was told you are crazy and wild in heart. I love crazy. Crazy does what she want. Tonight we sit together with the half-moon above the Monterey bay, the Liar's moon. Liar's moon loved the crazy. The half-truth accepted by us who love the sea, the tequila and the lemon and we love the song of the sea.

Please dear Beatrice, my Marcella, my Bella, we are just Gypsy souls wanting everything, stealing just enough. Thank you for the Spring, thank you for making believe someone could care for me. You have taught me, love can be sweet, the mercy of equal heart. A blessing.

She smiled and she looked at the liar's moon. She sat between my legs and I embraced her tightly and she whispered.

"Crazy is, crazy does.
Being sane, is insanity.
Pretty is, sometimes isn't so pretty,
we, who love the liar's prayer,
we know, words, just words till we can keep our promises.
Words spoken in the three-am hour,
just gifts.
When love is far-away, loneliness make us,
need more.
I want us,
to lay bare with the windows open,
wide open,
us, holding silence,
create a portrait of lovers,
who excited the crazy in each other.
We didn't steal or borrow from each other,
we painted with tender hands and fingers'
a landscape of perfect union,
where lover's fall into the salvation of contentment."

I kissed her neck, her face and her lips. I whispered to her. You are my endearing love dear Marcella, my lovely Beatrice, my Italian girl miracle. I know you are a Gypsy gal traveling our world, a wandering soul who cannot be locked away.  Thank you for the midnight dances by the sea, the slow dancing in the city of lights, San Francisco. Thank you for blessing Big Sur with your bare-a*s dancing with the wild sea. I loved watching the sun fall and the moon rising with you. I loved when we watched the sun rise from the east and held silence. We didn't need to speak. You are my miracle dear Beatrice.

Beatrice Marcella left me in middle May. I gave her, all the money I had. She had spend all her traveling money. She gave me warm and sweet kisses at the Monterey airport and she whispered, please don't be sad and she whispered, C'est la vie, until we can meet again. Please remember me, when, the liar's moon is above. Please Johnnie, don't lose the crazy. The sane folks cannot see the beauty of our world. They become older, sadder and colder.

 I whispered to her. You didn't break my heart, you made my heart sing. Please be careful and have fun my kind muse.

                                 Dancing Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Some words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this makes me stop and think back on a few relationships i had...and it makes me smile...appreciating the time i had with them...and how much they gave to me...and helped me to grow and mold into the person i am now...which i hope is a better one...because....
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob. We need the kind people to make us feel, we are okay.



Reviews

This is a beautiful story punctuated by a very creative poem! Wow! This is spell-binding writing with so much playfulness & regret & honesty & vivid imagery about feelings & wild surroundings. In short, all the things that pump up a love story to the extreme amount of intensity! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you dear Margie. I appreciate the comment.
Crazy is, crazy does.
Being sane, is insanity.
Pretty is, sometimes isn't so pretty,
we, who love the liar's prayer,
we know, words, just words till we can keep our promises.

I JUST ADORE these lines here, This is a emotional, tugging write.
I really like this. AWESOME write!!!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you Brandie. Good to be a little crazy.
this makes me stop and think back on a few relationships i had...and it makes me smile...appreciating the time i had with them...and how much they gave to me...and helped me to grow and mold into the person i am now...which i hope is a better one...because....
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob. We need the kind people to make us feel, we are okay.
Another piece that captures all the romanic notions you hold dear Coyote John.

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

I have photos of Beatrice Marcella. The past become myth and tale. Sometime life teaches us. Make th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 25, 2019
Last Updated on June 25, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..