My great love-  part two

My great love- part two

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
                         My great love 
I told the young writer, we shall have many great loves. Many women will steal our heart, make us want everything and more. But there are those maidens, who can awake us from the slumber of a dead sleep. 
I do remember a Spring flower in 1978, in the month of late May. Long blond hair, dancing blue eyes and a face of a angel. I fell into treason in all things I loved to be near her. She was my illusion of perfection.
She found me alone by the small lake, we talked, held hands and I fell into the majesty of her. We were shrouded with youth and we were crazy fearless. Wanting everything and more.
I loved her eyes when she spoke. I could see the ancient cities, the sea and open sky in her eyes. I remember she took me to her home, we laid in a bed of German quilts and she sang songs of Leonard Cohen and Elvis.
The charity of love comes when she want. 
She was childlike, innocence and wild in heart. She was filled with great dreams and she loved to dance. We locked the doors, disrobed and she danced her nakedness to the words of Leonard Cohen songs. I remember she fell to her knees, lay her head into my lap and she whispered. You don't have to love me, please make me feel cherished and wonderful.
I already loved her misty eyes, I love to hear her softest words, she  made me believe. The sweetness of love was near. I told her. She was wonder and a miracle. 
We learned by the candlelight of the Summer nights. Love delight, the hunger of the aching lust and like a whirlwind. We gave everything we had to each other. I remember her pale skin, her tender kisses and her body of perfect canvas. I wrote poetry upon her wanting skin and I read her poetry of love into the midnight hours. We had a year of splendor.
I was nineteen and she was seventeen. We didn't know. Life was stormy seas, somber songs and young love wasn't enough to keep love alive. We whispered words of love, made promises of forever. We learned the locked doors and the sweetness of the kiss. Wasn't enough.
The young writer asked, was she your great love? I smiled and I told him. I don't know. I have loved many and I believe we truly give everything we have, only once in a lifetime. My German girl was a gift and a blessing. She taught me, I wasn't alone. She taught me, to love the song of Leonard Cohen, to love the ancient cities and to dance with the sea. Maybe, she was my great love. My teacher.
                                 Dancing Coyote
                              

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
This is just so beautiful, I really enjoyed this

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate the comment and the kind words.
this was a wonderful share Coyote the images of your adore were a treat to read good sir and if she wasn't be darn hard to find another to match those lines tender

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

You are right Robert and thank you for reading and the comment.
Beautifully written and enjoyable to read, Thank you.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate the kind words.
This is so beautiful. I love it.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
This is so wonderful, I really enjoyed this write. I didn't read the first one but I enjoyed this.

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you dear Kimmie. I appreciate the comment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2019
Last Updated on July 12, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memorial Memorial

A Poem by Gee