Black heart

Black heart

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Beth Hart is amazing.

"


                           Black heart

In 1994, old soldier was trying to drink himself to death. He had given everything he owned away and left everyone he loved. Behind.

He loved the crimson light, the dancehalls and the Texas nights. He became the dark poet who loved the jazz and the Devil women. Every Friday night, he sat alone in Belton, Texas. Not seeking to be saved, not seeking peace, he accepted the chaos of living.

Pretty Texas girl asked him. Is life, gin, sin and s**t? He smiled and told her. Us greedy people, we kill the things we love and we do not die. Pretty Cindy, life is gin, sin and bullshit. We laughed, we loved and we danced. Once I knew the white light and now I know the darkness.

A dark eyes beauty sat with him on a Saturday night in Austin, Texas. She was a Mexican woman with long black hair and wearing a colorful dress of multi-colored. She requested a dance. He offered her a drink and he saw soulful eyes looking into his eyes. She whispered, no thank you Coyote. 

He took her to the dance floor and she held him closely and she whispered. Black hearten man, dead men don't cry no-more in hell. Hell is filled-up with crying and foolish men. You must taste dirt to appreciate the taste of sweetness. I am a caretaker, a final warning and your second warning. If you seek death, death shall find you. Remember dead men, do not rise again. Each of us have wars in our minds to fight. Karma can be a b***h, must be repaid  in three-fold and if you love the darkness, the darkness can overtake you. Please Coyote, time to leave the taverns, it is time to forgive the sin of yesterday. All we can do is our best. Maybe you haven't found your proper place yet? The song ended and she kissed his face-cheeks and lips. She whispered, all of us have angels and demons singing sweet songs to us. Please seek life, not death. 

He watched her walk away and he followed her outside to the August Texas heat. He saw a empty parking lot and he looked at the moon. He whispered. Where are you my kind muse? My mercy.

                                     Dancing Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Coyote sometimes i crave that darkness even to this day! You painted it so well that feeling to linger in the obscurity of numbness and gin was my favorite you just say the word gin and i can still taste it and the s**t too waking up in jail cells and the random bar fights over side-wards glances were the only things that gave me any feeling cutting thru the numbness of almost dead. Yeah that place it still calls me sometimes there's a comfort to oblivion it never fails you, can rely upon it. you get what you expect... nothing! masterful expression good sir

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you Robert. I miss the dark days too. Good to be the tavern poet.



Reviews

Absorbing and totally atmospheric lines. Reading it was like being being on the edge of the abyss, teetering, not quite falling as the tale unwound.

I really like this kind of enigmatic writing, it's like being given a ringside seat inside the writer's mind.

Beccy.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you dear Beccy. Most of us will dance on the edge. Someone must save us.
such vivid imagery in this write, I like this story.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
"...Not seeking to be saved, not seeking peace, he accepted the chaos of living."

Best damn line in the history of...well, damn lines.

Short Film Oscar Nomination, starring Sam Elliot and Selma Hayek or Penelope Cruz?

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Penelope Cruz, she is so pretty and thank you Carol for reading and the comment.
Carol Cashes

4 Years Ago

Penelope, it is. I'll have my peoples contact her peoples and get this oscar nom started.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
such a profound write here, I enjoyed this emotional read

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I was thinking too hard, once.
Very nice poem. Whatever you lose you'll find it again but what you throw away you'll never get back.

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend and you are right. I appreciate the comment.
John.
I don't think anyone I have read goes quite as far as you into the mystique, but the stories are always heartfelt and wonderfully touching. You have a knack for attracting guardian angels in your travels and thankfully this one put you on the right track.

A good write. Thanks for this story, John, I appreciate the words.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you Ted. More to life then we can see.
Very profound and whilst just words you make sense with them.


Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

I appreciate the comment Augustus.
another of your wistful, emotive well laid out scene and characters ... a chance meeting .. too much drink... romantic dance with offer of salvation ... that parking lot and those night sky stars perhaps just the sobering Coyote needed ;)
E.
ps. fantastic song choice ...

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Beth Hart is wonderful and thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2019
Last Updated on July 23, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memorial Memorial

A Poem by Gee


Take Me ~ Take Me ~

A Poem by Susan 🦋


Insomnia Insomnia

A Poem by Saumya