November thoughts

November thoughts

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Some words.

"
                             November thoughts
Once I needed everything and I learned. Everything wasn't needed. November is coming and the cooler and slower days I do love. I am in the November of my life. I have known great joy and I have known great sadness. Now I pray daily.  To have patience for my grandchildren and try to do some good before I am done.
Once was a great lady, she sat at the end of President Bush driveway. She wanted to know why her son was killed for strangers in a foreign place. Liars do not speak and he never spoke to her properly. She made a nation learn. Our children are dying and the  ball-less leader don't care.

"Sheehan said she found little comfort in his comments.

"I want to ask the president, why did he kill my son?" Sheehan told reporters. "He said my son died in a noble cause, and I want to ask him what that noble cause is."

Sheehan said hers was one of a group of about 15 families who each met separately with the president one day last June.

"He wouldn't look at the pictures of Casey. He didn't even know Casey's name," she told CNN Sunday. "Every time we tried to talk about Casey and how much we missed him, he would change the subject."

Sheehan said she was so distraught at the time that she failed to ask the questions she now wants answered.

"I want him to honor my son by bringing the troops home immediately," Sheehan told reporters Saturday. "I don't want him to use my son's name or my name to justify any more killing."

Sheehan, who co-founded the anti-war group Gold Star Families for Peace, led about 50 demonstrators near the Bush ranch Saturday. Some protesters were with the group Veterans for Peace, which was holding a convention in Dallas.

The protesters stopped their bus miles from the ranch in Crawford, and walked less than a half-mile before being stopped by local law enforcement officials"


Once I follow my father's footsteps. We believe we fought for freedom and like my father. I learn the new wars are fought for profit and the government with no concern for the soldiers. After my second friend was killed in Iraq in 2004. I asked questions about my friend. I received one answer. Silence. 


I understand we need a military in this world of chaos. But USA cannot fix a world, not wanting to be fix. Old and wisest saying. "Fix your own house before trying to fix someone else." Allow the ancient places to fix their own problems.


I am in the November of my life and I learned.


"A silence voice mean you accepted your world as-is and you are part of the problem."


"Nations that send and sell weapons to countries fighting wars. They armed the hunger of war. President Clinton send me  to Africa three times on a water, food and medicine mission. The gift of water, food and medicine open new doors of friendship. Concern, kindness and help. Needed blessings in a world in turmoil. If we arm the countries, we supply the guns to kill. We are a part of the problem, we are the killers too."


"Many people want the soldiers to come home.  We cannot police the world. The politicians in Washington  are against the pulling the soldiers out of countries in chaos. War contractors control them, tobacco and liquor control them. Need a simple rule, that is written. Cannot accept money from contractors trying to buy military contracts."


"I was told told. No profit in peace. The war budget 1.19 trillion, could train the people in the USA, new trades, rebuilt the old cities and roads, create jobs and reasonable priced housing for the needy. Ensure every child had opportunity for education, make the old dreams come alive again. Where we can tell our children. All things are possible if you work hard toward a goal or dream."


Thank you my friend for reading. I worry for my world and I wonder what did I leave for my children? My favorite lake " Lake St. Clair was closed down for most of the Summer(Still closed). Polluted, water became poison. 90 degrees in Alaska, all the Alaska water was unfrozen for the first time in written history. 10 lakes in Michigan, you cannot swim in. If we listen to the people in Washington D.C. We are in not deep trouble. Now the government authorized drilling for oil, the great lakes and the sea. (Oil, we do not need.) Silence, my friend. We will watch them kill off Mother Nature. When you vote next year. Read, listen and research the people running. This is one earth, one people. We must protect nature and ensure. Every life had value. Every human being need shelter, food and a safe place to live.


ONE EARTH AND ONE PEOPLE, we must get along for the sake of all children.


                                        Dancing Coyote


© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

words of wisdom to begin the day.. for years environmentalists have been saying that the earth will heal it's self.. I wonder if human beings will still be here to see it.. "there will be wars and rumors of war" are we really damned to make all prophecy come true.. even our leaders are at war..

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Yes you are right. When do they help their people in Washington D.C. Petty arguments. I am tire of .. read more



Reviews

dear John... we still have freedom of speech to a degree. It is good to listen to others
before making a decision. We may not have our Freedoms if we do not share our feelings.
All life is precious. I feel there is a force of Evil in this world, and a force of Good. It is
becoming obvious to recognize the difference... when we vote. A Nation without conscience
will not be a good way to govern and keep track of so many areas that have gotten "far"
out of control. truly, Pat

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

I agree Pat. We must pay attention to our world and thank you for reading and the comment.
As we travel the seasons of life, our wisdom and understanding grow, like the giant oaks and redwoods, and we become more resilient. Still, we’re saddened in “November,” when the leaves and grasses turn brown and die. It’s our natural progression.

Politicians, as our government is designed, make strategic decisions that often result in war... though we know the same who send us and our family members to war fight like hell, often behind the lines, to avoid sending their own... and never themselves. A powerful write, Coyote.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate and I agree.
"I want to ask the president, why did he kill my son?" Sheehan told reporters. "He said my son died in a noble cause, and I want to ask him what that noble cause is."

Excuse me while I cry a little.

Okay, so back to this. So someone once said that "Fighting for peace is like f*cking for virginity." (Excuse my language). And the so-called noble cause, I don't think it's anything more than a way for a few who profit from these conflicts (i.e politicians, weapon manufacturers and traders) to exploit the situation to their own benefit. So I guess we are just pawns in their game. Thank you for sharing Coyote.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I pray we can change our ways. Before, we cannot.
Makes me think of John Lennon’s song ‘Imagine ‘ indeed was one of my mums favourites .

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you Katrina for reading and the comment. I burn sage and pray for sanity.
words of wisdom to begin the day.. for years environmentalists have been saying that the earth will heal it's self.. I wonder if human beings will still be here to see it.. "there will be wars and rumors of war" are we really damned to make all prophecy come true.. even our leaders are at war..

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Yes you are right. When do they help their people in Washington D.C. Petty arguments. I am tire of .. read more
You are surely an advocate for peace! Well written.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

I have seen starvation, death soldiers and dead cities. I know the dead don't complain. Us alive, mu.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 30, 2019
Last Updated on October 30, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Spirited Spirited

A Poem by Chris Shaw