Almost to California

Almost to California

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Places of dreams. Always remembered.

"
                                               Almost to California.
My Boston girl, I found her at Fort lee, Virginia in the Winter of 1976. She was waited for a love who forsaken you. I made her drink the sweet red wine and we danced near the Winter Virginia beach sea every weekend for three months. She told me, never love a broken girl. Dead heart, sleeping heart shall break your heart.

I remember I told her. Dear Dorthy, love is like a river, flowing toward us or away from us. We must learn to roll and move with the moving water. Life is never easy and love can be harder.

I left for Fort Ord, California in late December 1976 and we made great promises of meeting in Monterey. I remember her brown eyes asking me. Was I true or not? I told you.

"Dorthy, Dorthy.
My beloved,
please come to California.
I want to love you,
I want to marry you.
I would do anything to see you smile.
I would never break your heart."

I fell in love with California, I befriended the sea, became the Monterey street poet. I would call Dorthy for six months. Each conversation become a river of separation, I was going farther west and she was staying in Boston. I remember I send my last words to her in the Spring of 1977.

"Dorthy, Dorthy.
My lovely Boston girl.
California is so beautiful,
the sea is always dancing for me.
I read my poetry three days a week in Monterey and Pacific Grove.
You would love the Monterey pier.
We could drink Irish coffee, hold hands and talk till the midnight moon appeared.
I dreamed you came and we danced with the sea.
These are my last words and I do,
love you and I shall never forget your beautiful voice,
I shall never forget your face, I adored to see.
If you become brave,
Johnnie is in California.
Waiting for his Boston girl."

Dorthy wrote back. Dear Johnnie, I told you. I would break your heart. Sleeping heart, sometime cannot be awoken. Please dance with the sea for me. I will dream of my Michigan boy who loved to laugh, love to make me smile and we were almost lovers. You were a blessing for a sad Boston girl. Thank you dear John, I love and miss you.

I remembered I told the sea. Please tell my beloved, she didn't break my heart. She taught me I could love.

                                          Dancing Coyote

© 2020 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Although your lines were sad to read Coyote, they ended on an uplifting note. Your Boston girl taught you how to love again, and that is a beautiful gift my friend. Love reading you Coyote. A belated happy new year to you and yours. All good wishes.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Hell dear Chris and I wish you great success and great happiness in 2020. Thank you for reading and .. read more



Reviews

Yes, John... sometimes we can be friends and learn to love...
otherwise there is no school or book that can teach a heart to love.
There are many types of love, and the best love is "sacred love"...
and then someday you graduate and have passionate love. truly, Pat

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

I agree dear Pat. Love need two people with the same need and to be in the same place. Rarely happen.. read more
Although your lines were sad to read Coyote, they ended on an uplifting note. Your Boston girl taught you how to love again, and that is a beautiful gift my friend. Love reading you Coyote. A belated happy new year to you and yours. All good wishes.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Hell dear Chris and I wish you great success and great happiness in 2020. Thank you for reading and .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2020
Last Updated on January 21, 2020

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..