Empty spaces

Empty spaces

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A poem of question.

"
                                   Empty spaces
Once I was dancing, rambling, drinking and free man. I was seeking the good death. Wanted to test my mind, I wanted  to test my body. I wanted to understand war, I wanted to understand people.
I learn the Hemingway's wisdom. Men are foolish. They kill and kill till they cannot no-more. Men were the beast and the poor animals of our world. Just additional kill for land and profit. I learn somewhere in time. Some men knew. Separates live, different languages and different continents mean they could confuse the mind of men. 
Today the world is smaller. New tech had introduce me to many cultures. I went to six war zones and I saw the eyes of the poor people. I saw the eyes of fear, the eyes of confusion. The children's eyes, they broke my heart. Living in hell and not knowing where their next meal would come. Seeking shelter, seeking clean water and eatable food. 
Many kind charity organization try to assist. The hatred and the greed of our leader make it impossible for the kind people to keep up with the greed of the warmongers and the profit makers.
                              "Empty spaces
Once I bury a dozen women and small children in a mass grave,
I had tears in my eyes as I tossed the Africa dirt on the poor strangers,
I never knew.
I looked at the sky and I asked God. Why do the women and women suffer for the hate of men?
Us soldiers, we never talk of these things we had to do. We were send to clean-up messes of hateful men.
I saw the belly of the children starving in Africa. I volunteered to cook easy food and soups. Us soldiers gave, all we had to give. I learn, my life wasn't so hard. 
Today men speak of war and forget the true war. Starvation touches every continent. Our rich leaders eating steak and the poor people trying to survive. My USA spend 1.2 trillion on war. 
Please listen to our leaders. Do they speak of peace? Do they speak of education to ensure our children can succeed? Do they seek friendship by gifts of food, clean water and resources to the nations in need in our world?
I have empty spaces, that want to scream-out. But, can the blind in kindness see. This is one world and one people.
President Clinton send me to Africa three times. We brought medical teams and soldiers who volunteered to help in the nineties. We create new friendships and we tried to help. I learn concern, kindness and to listen. We did some. 
Old man joke, told to me. "The biggest lie is sending soldiers, tanks and planes, then call this a peace mission." Peace is given with the gift of food, water, shelter and medical treatment. "
I am a old man now and I see the trickery of men seeking new war. Threats instead of the open hand of friendship. Many believe war is a part of man. I do not believe this. Do the soldiers make profit? Do the poor people in the way of war, make profit? No.
Once great chief Pontiac wrote after they destroyed the Ohio forest. " Why does the white man want to destroy all thing that are beautiful? Do they hate the land and the people?"
(Chief Tecumseh of the Shawsees poem)

Where today are the Pequot? Where are the Narragansett, the Mohican, the Pokanoket, and many other once powerful tribes of our people? They have vanished before the avarice and the oppression of the White Man, as snow before a summer sun. Will we let ourselves be destroyed in our turn without a struggle, give up our homes, our country bequeathed to us by the Great Spirit, the graves of our dead and everything that is dear and sacred to us? I know you will cry with me, 'Never! Never."

Thank you 

John Coyote

© 2020 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Tired? I know the feeling. We are the ones standing in the empty places, holding the memories close.
We hand down the stories, and some listen, even when we don't notice. The story we tell is our lives, and our dreams for the future. Hopefully, the words had some effect.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

We do hope Jon. But new generation is blinded by game systems and few love the forest and the sea. I.. read more
Jon Roggie

4 Years Ago

Some learn. Cousin teaches his grandchildren fishing in Oregon, and a niece is teaching her son dow.. read more



Reviews

Coyote Poetry,
You have a unique understanding and view of life, of what really is going on behind the snow covered scenes. War is profit for man. I do truly believe that our President Trump is trying to keep bad men away from the United States and even away from all nations. I do believe he wants peace and will not tolerate threats to us. This is the only time I believe in fighting which is for our safety and safety of our soldiers. I believe you when you say that Clinton talked of a Peace mission only to really do war. The Clintons are evil in my eyes. They are liars. It's taking a long time to try and clean up some of the mess the Clintons, Obama and even Bush has done, yet I feel Trump will do his best. Wonderful words you wrote.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Clinton years, no war. That was a blessing. After Clinton, Bush attacked and the whole world fell to.. read more
This is such a sad poignant piece of writing Coyote, I detest our selfish war and power hungry leaders! So many innocent being hurt! Such tragedies and human waste which leaves a bitter after taste! Made me tear up!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Me too Katrina. No winners in war. Thank you for reading and the comment.
Katrina Mckeown

4 Years Ago

No there isn’t, sad but true! You are very welcome Coyote, thank you for writing this thought prov.. read more
Tired? I know the feeling. We are the ones standing in the empty places, holding the memories close.
We hand down the stories, and some listen, even when we don't notice. The story we tell is our lives, and our dreams for the future. Hopefully, the words had some effect.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

We do hope Jon. But new generation is blinded by game systems and few love the forest and the sea. I.. read more
Jon Roggie

4 Years Ago

Some learn. Cousin teaches his grandchildren fishing in Oregon, and a niece is teaching her son dow.. read more
We are a badly flawed species
where do you start and how do you stop listing the damage we have both done and continue to do

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

I hope soon. Old earth will survive man damage and regrow. Men may find their own final page. Thank .. read more
I've read your writing elsewhere & am glad to be reading it here.

Wonderful piece, as yours always are. It definitely made this Ojibwe woman tear up.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Hello Jennifer. I worry for my world. I am 1/2 Ojibwa and I hold this part very close. I burn sage a.. read more
Jennifer Patino

4 Years Ago

I understand completely. I too pray, burn sage & lay tobacco down. I still say thank you for the lif.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 14, 2020
Last Updated on February 14, 2020

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing