We danced for the stars

We danced for the stars

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"

   We danced for the stars 



Was a Texas hot Summer night and you wore your black dress and dancing shoes.  I was drinking the Long Island teas since 6 pm and you arrived and you found me drinking alone at 9 pm.

I saw in your eyes, the Texas wildfire and the hunger to dance. You came to me, embraced me and you whispered. Michigan pretend cowboys, are you drinking or dancing tonight? Texas girls don’t waste time on the men who love the drink over the Texas two-step and some romance.

I watched her coffee brown eyes observed my thoughts and I told her. The drink had tasted better and you are the most beautiful girl in Belton, Texas. I see those dancing shoes and the black dress. Dear Sally, I know a Texas storm when I see one. I believe the soldier can dance in your stormy and dangerous eyes tonight if you allow me to.

She smiled and I captivated her thoughts a second. She came to me and she held me close. She whispered, I love you my Michigan soldier. You don’t lie much and I know you love me. You find me every Friday and Saturday night. You treat me sweet and kindly, demanding just dance and a kiss. I love your lullabies you tell me and make me smile and laugh till the lights of dawn. No more hard drink tonight Johnnie. The Texas storm want to see the real face tonight.

Tim Mcgraw song “Don’t take the girl”, is playing. I ask her. Kind and sweet lady. Do we dance or talk tonight?

She smiled and she whispered. Less talk and more dancing dear soldier.

image


                      Dancing Coyote

© 2020 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Some words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on February 22, 2020
Last Updated on February 22, 2020

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing