Big Sur, California. Highway 80

Big Sur, California. Highway 80

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

Chapter two

"
                        Big Sur, California. 
Chapter two. Highway 80
I was surrounded by four beautiful Iowa girls and I was glad I picked Iowa city for New Year eve. Alana introduced Debbie, she had red hair and blue eyes, she reached out her hand. I took her hand and I told her my name is John. Alana introduced Diana, long free flowing brown hair and coffee brown eyes . She reached out her hand and she asked me. Thank you for your service and why are you alone on New Year eve, soldier? This is too sad. I smiled and I held her hand. I told her, longest and saddest story needing to be forgotten. The Army gave me 45 days leave and I am going to Fort Ord, California, sign in date, January five. I decided I needed six days to get to Fort Ord. I picked five cities to visit and I am blessed to be here with you. I released her hand and she smiled. Donna came forward and she hugged me. She told me. I am glad you are with us to celebrate the New Year with new friends. I looked at the four girls and I asked. I hope you invited some friends. One soldiers can't make four ladies happy on New Year eve. 
Diane with a wicked smile. You are wise dear soldier. Three young men will be here soon but one of us need a dance pardner and I hope you don't mine being Alana date tonight? It was 10.30 pm and Charley announced from the stage. In fifteen, time for some dancing and Happy New Year Iowa city. Bob came to us. He gave us some hats and some glasses for the midnight toast. I asked the ladies, what do you need to drink? I liked these girls, they ordered whiskey and a beer. I loved the mid American girls. Strong, educated and love to have fun. I looked at Alana and I told her. Would be my honor to have you as my dance pardner. She laughed at me and she told Donna. Like he had choice. Here is Iowa city, us women control the world. The four women laughed and three young men came toward us. I stood-up and Alana introduced Stan and I shook his hand. He was tall, wore glasses and he looked smart. He told me. Glad to meet you and Happy New year. Here in Iowa city. We like the good songs and we have the prettiest girls in the USA. I told him, I agree and thank you for allowing me to join your New Year night with you. Our pleasure new friend. He yelled at Bob. Keep the whiskey coming and ensure the band had some drinks. Bob gave him  the finger, smiled and he said okay. I liked Stan already. Alana introduced Paul. He was a big boy. Long hair and laughing blue eyes. He took my hand and he told me. Tonight we raise hell and don't worry about tomorrow. A new Year, war over and good song and pretty women. This is enough. I told him. You are right my new friend. I liked him too. He was a wild man. Alana introduced Steve. Blond hair and calm face. He shook my hand and he told me. My brother is active at Fort Hood, Texas. I am glad you are with us. I hope my brother is having some fun in Texas. I told him. Is is marry or single? He told me. He is single. I told him, Austin, Texas, best party in the USA. I believe your brother is doing well. He smiled and he said. I hope so. The whiskey and the beer was brought to them by Bob.
Donna joined Stan, Debbie joined Paul and Diane joined Steve. Alana sat next to me, she hugged me and she took my hand and she asked. Are you having some fun? I told her. Thank you Alana for allowing me to be with you on New Year eve. I am having a lot of fun. Stan raised up the whiskey to the sky and we followed his example. He toast to new friends, whiskey, pretty women and more beer. We all agreed and touched glasses. The music started and everybody at the table roamed to the dance floor. Charley broke into a song. He told the people in the bar. We have a returning soldier and he loved Hank. This song is for him. "Family tradition". I asked Alana, ready to dance with a Michigan boy? She smiled and she asked. Are Michigan boys dangerous? I told her, no warrants for my arrest today and I am only dangerous to whiskey bottles. She smiled and she whispered. Okay, maybe I will be okay and let's talk less and dance more.
We went to dance floor and she held me close on the dance floor. She was a mid-west gal, brave, tough and wasn't afraid of life. I asked her. Where is your date Alana? She told me. I don't have one. One child, divorced and didn't want a date. But your sorry and lonely face made me feel less sad and I decided. Tonight I would have some fun. I kissed her neck and I told her. Thank you kind lady for being with loneliness man in Iowa city. I liked her. Her eyes held sadness and she was trying to be okay.  She laughed and she whispered. Maybe I was the loneliness gal in Iowa city. I told her, not tonight. You have good friends near, a brave soldiers and the Irish whiskey is strong. The song is wonderful and tonight. We can begin a new year with some laughter and some joy. She put her head into my chest and she looked-up. She whispered, you make me laugh, I haven't laugh in a while. We went back to the table, drank more whiskey. I argue with Paul about college football. In the end he was right. Michigan college  football team couldn't win a bowl game. Our table was loud and I felt good to be with new friends welcoming the New Year. I liked talking to Diane. She asked me many questions. Her eyes were wild and untamed. She told me, I am going to the University to be a doctor. I want to save life, not take life. She asked me. Why, a soldier. I see in your face. Kindness. I told her. I have a thousand reasons to be who I am now. Dead brothers, bad decisions and lousy choices in woman. We become who we suppose to be. Her eyes turn sad and she told me. If you seek death, death will find you. I told her, death didn't want me and I am glad to have met you, Diana. She laughed and she told Bob. More whiskey and where is the champagne Bobbie? Almost 12 pm.
At 11.55 pm Steve toasts to more whiskey, more vacations and less a******s. We touched glasses and Charley announced. Slow song a-coming. Drink your drink and get dancing. I asked Alana. Can I have the dance after the the midnight hour pretty lady? She smiled and she said. Of course. At Midnight, everyone in the bar, including the band and Bob. We drank to the New Year. Everyone kissed and I saw the eyes of Alana, sadness. I reached over to give her,  a small kiss and she pulled me close and  she gave me a warm and sweet kiss. I told her thank you and she whispered. Thank you for befriended me.
We danced to the first song of the New Year and her body rested against me. I told her, I am glad to have you as company and maybe we can write, if you want. I will write of my great California adventures. She kissed me and she told me. I would like this. She kissed me and we held silence.
                         Dancing Coyote


© 2020 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Chapter two.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Sheesh.. wish I had been your travelling companion back in the day.... am so glad I visit the café today though... you have posted another captivating chapter here my friend... this is such a great book in the making and true..

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

You are very kind my friend. I have been reading and listening to Salinger and Hemingway. I am tryin.. read more
Neville

3 Years Ago


I know what you mean....
love how this story is unfolding, dear Coyote, is this an actual book thing or just a few random stories, it's always good to be welcomed in by strangers and accepted, sounds like a blast,

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

A book. I started the Big Sur story with the 2500 mile road trip to California. Thank you my friend .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2020
Last Updated on April 10, 2020


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing