Delia

Delia

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Some words.

"
(The name Delia is of Greek origin. The meaning of Delia is "visible". It is also of English origin, where its meaning is "of Delos". Delia is generally used as a girl's name.)
                       


                                            Delia

I was dancing with the Devil every night  in the Winter of 1992 and
hiding out in the Austin, Texas taverns.

The happy hours Long Island ice teas made my pen come alive. I was waiting for no-one and no-one was waiting for me.

I wrote to my journal, love dead, cannot be revived. Love sweet become bitter wine. I feel a gentle touch on my shoulder and a dark eyes girl took my journal and she read my words. She smiled and she laughed. She told me. You damn poets love misery and the whiskey. You need the damn wars and you love the coldest and meanest woman near.

I looked at her, I loved her black dress showing off her strong legs and the blackest hair I have ever seen. Her eyes digging deep into my soul and I told her. Dear Delia, beautiful Delia where you been hiding? I needed the kindness of your honest words. You are my Texas muse, my last wish.

Delia took my hands and she brought them to her heart. She whispered, feel my heart, feel the beat of my heart. I am alive and you are not dead yet. I can't save someone who love the dirt and sweat of life. You love the darkness and you love to swim in her.

I watched her dancing eyes and I told her. Delia, my dear Delia. Poets are wishful and writers are dreadful. We love words more than love. But you make me smile and want deadly dance and the sweetest kiss. Why did you find me tonight?

She raised my right hand to her mouth, kiss my hand and she smiled. She whispered, maybe we are the same. I love the word, I love to test life and I like the crazy ones. Johnnie, you as crazy as they come. I need to feel your hunger. You taught me to give without asking for more, you taught me escape before foolish words can escape my mouth. You taught me to love the whiskey kisses and now we are at a turning point. Do we accept our damn love or do I leave you for the last time?

I saw her eyes, digging deep into my eyes and I told her. I love you Delia, I love you more than the whiskey. I love you more than the damn wars. I am willing, if you are brave enough to accept a man swimming in s**t?

She kissed my face many times and we wandered off into the Austin night. She held my hand tightly and a needed silence of two people trying to find a place to rest and know happiness.

                        Dancing Coyote

© 2020 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Isn't it absolutely wonderful when someone seeks us out for our craziness? For the darkness that is in us? It's a great feeling to be desired and loved for ourselves and what we stand for. That beautiful girl with the dark hair was so wise and perceptive. Loved this story, my friend. I hope you're safe and well.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you my dear friend for reading and the comment. I agree, we need someone to love our craziness.. read more
Dhara_Ditzy Kat

3 Years Ago

You're welcome!



Reviews

Awesome song, awesome write, This is full of imagery, very nicely written

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. Us, who love to write. Old memories are our wealth.
Unspoken poet

3 Years Ago

i know, we need to hold our memories close
It takes one beautiful woman to appreciate an amazing poet. Thanks for sharing the passionate beauty of Delia. Poetry and love are one and the same to me and an understanding lover like Delia is a heaven-sent gift to a poet. Kudos!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I agree, we must find someone as crazy as we are.
I felt the powerful connection between the poet and Delia. A unique name and encounter. A looking forward to romance and craziness. You warded off the devil in her. You brought her alive in your arms and by kisses. You can write a book on her...Excellent sir...

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Maybe one day Sami. I appreciate the comment my friend.
Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

Yes siiiirrrr. You are welcome.
It is such a sweet and amazing thing when someone loves us for our truly imperfectly perfect selves. When you can find the love of someone that will love your crazy, and love your sweet and your wild sides; for if they love all of your different sides they truly love you!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Isn't it absolutely wonderful when someone seeks us out for our craziness? For the darkness that is in us? It's a great feeling to be desired and loved for ourselves and what we stand for. That beautiful girl with the dark hair was so wise and perceptive. Loved this story, my friend. I hope you're safe and well.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you my dear friend for reading and the comment. I agree, we need someone to love our craziness.. read more
Dhara_Ditzy Kat

3 Years Ago

You're welcome!
Ah hhh
I had to Remember to breathe then on the last verses
Beautiful x

Loved Cash forever too

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

W,C cut out. I wrote the ending now. Thank you dear Julie for reading and the comment.
Julie McCarthy (juliespenhere)

3 Years Ago

what is w c?
anyway re read it, its beautiful :)
Julie McCarthy (juliespenhere)

3 Years Ago

oh I got it writers café stopped lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 8, 2020
Last Updated on May 8, 2020

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..