Something is wrong with me.

Something is wrong with me.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Bukowski had stole my soul.

"
                  Something is wrong with me.
Something is wrong with me. I am like a Bukowski  poem gone wrong.


Bukowski told us, do what you love, even if you must be alone, you must go hungry, be homeless and know hard days. Go all the way or just become a mountain that don't move.

I have become the mountain now, never moving, accepting life as-is.

Once I wanted to save my world, write the great novel and live near the sea.

I befallen and I can't find my real face.

I feel I am becoming more stone and rock than human skin.

Once I drank to feel alive, once I sought war to know I was alive.
Love was never my strength, patience is my enemy and kindness is forgotten.

Bukowski would tell me. "You did a fool's dance for the rich men.
Skinned off your real face and be-face with liar eyes.
Now accepting, just enough.

Remember Johnnie, never trust a man who doesn't drink.
Drink the strong whiskey till you can see,
then, your sleepy eyes can be awaken by the taste of the whiskey.
You will see, you are swimming in s**t."

Something is wrong with me. I have become the Hemingway's ghost.
I need the tropical sea, quiet places and polite woman.
I have none of these.

I need to follow Hemingway's advice. Finish one project and work on one thing only.
End at good open statement so you can find the flow of thoughts again. I need to bleed
to paper.

I met Bukowski once in California in the early nineties in a Tavern. I had a lot of cash and I bought the 
whiskey and we drank. He liked me and he told me. Write hard words, honest words. Make
the people feel your suffering. I didn't know who he was that day. His last words were very cool. He told me,
"you write like s**t, but suffer some more and you will write better."

Maybe I am where I suppose to be? 
Maybe I wasn't brave enough?
Maybe I didn't drink enough?

Dancing Coyote

© 2020 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
New words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dancing Coyote, it is always the Bukowski's that get the free drinks and the fame for writing lies and spelling truth. Or is that selling truth? --- When it comes to being a famed poet, it is 50% fate, 20% being in the right place at the right time, and 30% good relatable writing. With me, I've never been where I should have been at the right time, so fate was somewhere else when I sat down at the bar (make that Bars). I'm still working on the 30% after ample suffering, and I gave up the drinks because they were never free. --- So, take heart and be you. Like every great pioneering poet, we have to die before we can find greatness. :)

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

You are right my friend. In life. Bukowski lived okay. He didn't complain. His books sell better tod.. read more



Reviews

I love this
I love it so much
I trust you are well
I’ve been out of action in the writing sense busy busy busy I’ll try to get bk to it I miss it so


Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Hello dear Julie. I hope you are doing well. Be safe and have some fun.
I believe we all go through this phase of inaction, where we just stop and get huddled up by our endless doubts and questions and fears, which we set to eliminate in our lives in the first place. Bukowski had many critics, he was unconventional and brash but he gave less damns than anyone else.

This poem oozes of the frustration one has towards not following their passions. This poem hits me somewhere, sitting through days slacking, exhausted, doing nothing. Becoming a mountain that's unable to move, to cause change in people's lives.

I have a question though - I don't drink. will you trust me? Lol, maybe not, but I understand :D

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I drink little now. House filled with grandchildren. I did like Bukowski. He wrote what he wanted. I.. read more
Akshay Rawal

3 Years Ago

I'm glad that you'll find more time to commit to writing and reading. Kinda excited to read more fro.. read more
"Work is the curse of the drinking classes" the late great Brendan Behan said.

I'd like to think we can write without suffering, such misery only benefits the drink vendors.

A very Catholic take: to be worthwhile life must be a suffering experience. I'm Catholic, but never a fan of that thinking!!!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I don't know my friend. I believe what Bukowski was telling us. Open your eyes and live. Maybe not s.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
I think alcohol is little bit overated at art . Bukowski himself actually stop drinking. He said he just woke one morning and he feel he don't need alcohol anymore. I think it's also all right to write like s**t . Everyone need time for improvement. I think you got quite lucky to meet with him. How many people can said they drink with Bukowski. Everybody have something wrong but also something good. We are itself living art and there is few rough sides and few polished and all together it's make us who we are.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I agree Martin. I did poetry reading on the California coastline. Writing is a constant effort to cr.. read more
Something is wrong with me. I have become the Hemingway's ghost. What a poignant line. Suffer some more , enough already.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate the comment.
There is always room for doubt in life and yet the universe has a sneaky habit of placing us on the path we are meant to venture eventually I believe...I would say you are a deep, old soul and such wanderers are seldom lost even though they may have felt so or do feel so...another epic flow of pen Coyote :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Ruth. I appreciate the kind words.
Nothing is wrong with you. You are your own man. Why imitate someone who could only write when he was drunk? Women suffer, they don't turn to the whiskey bottle. You are who you are and I feel proud to know you and read you. Keep doing what you are doing. Bukowski probably thought everyone's writing was s**t.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

He was okay. He lived his life, his way. In 1992, I did write like s**t. Us, who love to write. Alwa.. read more
Chris Shaw

3 Years Ago

Always welcome Coyote. Pity he isn't around to read your words now.
Two of the masters John, who came to no good end, but they certainly lived life on their own terms.I think after reading this, that it is possible to find your real face again. You my friend are not a s**t poet even if Bukowski told you that, you are still here and still pouring your heart out on the page, and that's a good thing.

Well done friend.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Bukowski told me in 1992 and he was right. I needed to live more. I did. Thank you Ted for reading a.. read more
Very hard but true. A piece we can only understand through experience. Some things we are taught somethings we must learn. This is it. The past is a forign country however.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

You are right Ken. Life is lesson and more lessons. Thank you for reading and the comment.
This is extremely clever, and got my wheels turning very quickly.

I for one have the impression that you drank enough, because the seas you speak are turbulent, mixed with just the right amount of whiskey that keeps your readers swimming joyfully in flow right until the end. In doing so, you're pretty brave, and Yogis say that we are always right exactly where we need to be. Even now. Reading this. :)

Once I wanted to save my world, write the great novel and live near the sea.
- This gave me goosebumps. I was just thinking before opening your poem, that I really ought to get back to the novel I have been wanting to finish for years now. I don't want to find myself in my 90s with this regret.

Someone recently told me ' The first right time to do that was 20 years ago. The second right time, is right now'.

Thank you for sharing this, I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Laura.



Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I hope dear LouBelle, you finish the novel. I applied for social security and I will have time to fi.. read more
Laura Kate

3 Years Ago

Please do finish them :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

974 Views
68 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 29, 2020
Last Updated on June 29, 2020

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..