Autumn days

Autumn days

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Some words.

"
                                                               Autumn days
The Summer days were splendor,
long days, beach days, easy day.

The harmony of warm days and being sun-kissed.
Blessed days.

Now the nights are cooler,
the school bells are calling the grandchildren.
I have quiet days to reflex on the coming days of Autumn.

I love the charm of the Fall.
The September change of color,
fresh Michigan corn and apple picking with the grandchildren.

I roam alone to lake St. Clair and I burn some sage for my world.
I tell the moving lake,
please allow my world to know peace.
Please allow the cooler days,
to make the hate in my world turn to softness.
The negative words to hopeful words.

Was  a hard Summer for the grandchildren.
No fairs or carnivals.
We had many beach days and we were thankful for Lake St. Clair near.

The days of Autumn are here,
restless grandchildren need the days of Halloween and
interaction with other children.

Time for us to gather our minds,
make the right decisions and make our world wonderful again.
The Autumn days go quickly and I hope before the days of winter.

We have gain our sanity and we can forgive each other.
Time to befriend  people and lead with concern, kindness and love.

For the sake of all the children in our world.
We must get along.

Coyote

© 2020 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yes, we must get along. These are the "Days of Awe" in the Jewish religion. The days between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. These are the days we ask for forgiveness for wrong doing and grant forgiveness to those who have wronged us. The last six months have been hard not just for children, but for senior citizens and everyone in between too. May we soon see a return to normalcy. Your words are true and well written. Lydi**

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Lydia. Poor children need a school, not a computer. A hard world for them.



Reviews

Your words are so true. We have to be kind to each other, and maybe as the weather cools off maybe we will too. Poems like yours make me more and more excited about the holidays, as little as we'll be able to do. But the holidays have always been about family, and those who are lucky still have that. Your words are beautiful and I hope you stay safe during these times!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Your message is loud and clear. We need to get along, tolerate each other and bring peace and harmony. We need to appreciate the seasons in nature and in our lives. Children are affected the most. They are losing their past times and fun. Excellent poetry and message sir.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Hello Sami and I agree. Time for our world to slow down. Lead with concern, love and kindness. Thank.. read more
Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

Wow. I do agree. You are welcome sir.
It's been a hot headed summer Coyote. Like you I hope the cooler days reduce the temperatures of trouble makers. Let there be more peace and consideration for each other in really difficult times. Yes the grandchildren have suffered as a result of the virus. Their freedom has been restricted and they have missed their friends. Hoping for better times ahead dear poet.

I have visited this one before, but it was well worth coming back a second time.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Chris. I hope the world become better. I am tire of the crying people. We need people.. read more
Chris Shaw

3 Years Ago

I hear you and agree with you.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
X
I love this so much! I had a memory pop on my FB page of my visit to my daughter in Grand Rapids six years ago today...sweet memories...we love Michigan and its beautiful Fall colors...its gorgeous lake and dunes...many many many Autumn memories...Thank you Coyote!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

The Great lakes are wonderful dear Kira. I hope you are doing well. Be safe and have some fun.
X

3 Years Ago

I did...just got back from the beach...gorgeous sunset...be safe my friend


You just took me somewhere that took my breath away .. not only the scenery described but the deep and heart-warming sentiments contained within and selflessly shared .... far more than just words :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you Neville. I appreciate the comment. The days of Summer. Our best days.
Neville

3 Years Ago


my pleasure entirely ..
The warmth of Summer fades to Fall and the forest is alive with color, I love it.
Summer's torch a tad dimmer awaiting Winter's Kiss. Ahh, Winter's Kiss I think I hear a poem in that. :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Winter kiss, could be a cold one? Thank you dear Cherrie for reading and the comment.
since I am unforgivably arrogant, I never give a review of something I love with simple words and phrases. It cheapens whatever hint the poet had of humanity and raises suspicion of the bravery they scarcely dared to portray. But for this poem I can only say, I love it. It is pure. it is beautiful...dana

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I am praying for calmness dear friend. I worry for my world. I hope the people in Washington can pas.. read more
Wonderful sentiment here Coyote. I wish for my grandchildren what you do. We have had months of turmoil. I have never known a year so much where I would like to see it finished. Where children can play again with friends, where neighbours get along and all thoughts of hate are coated with a thick layer of peace. Always so good reading you.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Me too dear Chris. Been a hard year. I hope we finish okay. Thank you for reading and the comment.
You write 'just words'. But it's how you use them that counts. In your case they fit perfectly.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and I appreciate the comment.
' I burn some sage for my world.
I tell the moving lake,
please allow my world to know peace.
Please allow the cooler days,
to make the hate in my world turn to softness.
The negative words to hopeful words. '

Your words are the finest example of how to be in our present world, John. We seem to be fenced rather than free to wander as we would have before... the Now.
Your lovely thoughts and words create such gentle reminders about this season's various moods and, how like the forever seasons, it'll return one day.. in patient time.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Emma for reading and the comment. I hope the cooler days bring calmness and peace my .. read more
emmajoy

3 Years Ago

Needed to edit my review, John.. was far too wordy, typical of me.. hope you find it similar but mor.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 22, 2020
Last Updated on September 22, 2020

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Escape Escape

A Poem by Chris Shaw