Throw me a line, with the  hook and sinker, and everything else.

Throw me a line, with the hook and sinker, and everything else.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"
                        Throw me a line please , with the hook and sinker, and everything else.

She was the wildest and most beautiful wild flowers in the  valley. She made the saddest man by the sea, smile. She danced with the Pacific, her bare feet touching the moving waves. She sing to the falling sun and she went to sitting poet.

The poet wrote into his journal.

"I wish upon a falling star,
for someone to make me smile.
I tossed a penny into a deepest wishing well,
asking for someone to make me feel alive.

I made a dandelion wish,
watching the dandelion leaves fly to the sky,
for a girl vibrant, alive and filled with joy.
To teach me. I was still was alive."

She stood near him, the sea breeze moving her Summer dress away from her sun-kissed skin, allowed him to see her strong legs and tender feet. His eyes surveyed her from pretty feet to beautiful hazel eyes. She smiled and she asked. Are you going to throw me a line please, with hook and sinker, and everything else. The poet smiled and he questions her. Was I fishing my dear lady? A wise man don't reach for the moon. The moon cannot be held.

She laughed at his words and she straddled him. Her face touching his face and she whispered. All of us are fishermen. Seeking things, we cannot have. Dear dark poet, you befriended me, we shared the tequila and the Scottish whiskey. You even stole a kiss or two. But you never showed me your true face. We have talked forever by the sea. I read my poetry to you and you blessed me with your words. I would of gave you everything, anytime you asked. He smiled and he told her.

You are a wildflower, free and ever moving. When you entrap a free-spirit. She will die. You are my ambrosia dream, someone who make the sun more brighter, the night more sweeter. If you take too much. You become a thief. I don't want to be a thief, I want you to free and be a wonder for my heart and my eyes.

She laughed at his words and she told him. You can't capture someone who  is willing. Caring for another don't need to be ownership, love should be giving without demanding reward. When we love someone, their happiness should be your want and need. I want to make you smile, I want to make you yearn for more.

He kissed her warm lips, allowed his hands to flow through long ginger hair and he told her. You do make me smile, you make me dream and yearn to run away. Become the Monterey poet, who write words of a muse, so beautiful, so wonderful and so kind.

She brought him up and she took-off his shoes and socks. She took him to the sea and they danced for the rising moon. The sea waves kissed their feet and he did a silence prayer. Thank you for the lady of the sea. She is a blessing dear Pacific.
Dancing Coyote

© 2020 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is one of your most expressive pieces of mixed poetry & prose . . . the way you use a ton of vivid imagery, along with fresh lively depictions of the two interacting together. I can feel how this male narrator must feel a little mind-boggled by her way of latching on with a sense of desperation & how many men can't resist rescuing a damsel in distress. Your "fishing" metaphor is strong & well-detailed thru-out! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Margie. I need a year near the sea my friend. I appreciate the kind words.
barleygirl

3 Years Ago

Living beside the wilderness is the only reason I'm still sane, with all of life's weirdnesses right.. read more



Reviews

Vivid imagery and beautiful poetic expression. The dancing in the sea brought forth some great visuals. Free spirits can't be caged. Some things you just have to leave to be free. Lovely writing here Coyote. Never just words. Always a treat to read you.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Chris. We need to taste freedom, even if just for moment in time.
Your story telling skills are exquisite. You draw the reader in with warmth of expression and vivid images. A heartfelt tale beautifully written.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Ladysue. I appreciate the comment my friend.
Ladysue

3 Years Ago

you welcome.. enjoyed the story.. :))
this one is very good, you know there is a country song called, Hook, line and sinker by blackhawk, this is really good, much enjoyed this

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I will research the song my friend. I like the old music. Thank you for reading and the comment. I d.. read more
Just Kim

3 Years Ago

not a problem... keep writing always
This is one of your most expressive pieces of mixed poetry & prose . . . the way you use a ton of vivid imagery, along with fresh lively depictions of the two interacting together. I can feel how this male narrator must feel a little mind-boggled by her way of latching on with a sense of desperation & how many men can't resist rescuing a damsel in distress. Your "fishing" metaphor is strong & well-detailed thru-out! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Margie. I need a year near the sea my friend. I appreciate the kind words.
barleygirl

3 Years Ago

Living beside the wilderness is the only reason I'm still sane, with all of life's weirdnesses right.. read more
Well if that is a picture of your latest fishing expedition I think I may take up the hobby! Another softly but sadly romantic tale told with peace and affection and sensitivity.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you John. I need a year at Monterey. Maybe one day.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 9, 2020
Last Updated on October 9, 2020

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chambery Chambery

A Chapter by Papaya