Teach hate or teach love?

Teach hate or teach love?

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

My morning thoughts.

"
When we teach our children love and hate in the same conversation. Did we teach the children well? Hate and love is two different places. You can't have both. You want your child to see his world with positive eyes and if you demand death, teach hate and cannot see the good in our world. Maybe you are the problem? My Ojibwa Grandmother taught me. Holding hate and disappointment. A heavy load to carry and the sadness will break your heart. Will blind you from the beauty of life. Be kind to the family, listen and forgive. A heart filled with love, can show the children. Every life is important and we can be brave. Do anything.
Dancing Coyote

1. "I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."

Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images News/Getty Images

2. "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend."

3. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

4. "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

MLADEN ANTONOV/AFP/Getty Images

5. "The time is always right to do what is right."

6. "Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness."

7. "Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a constant attitude."

8. "Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'"

Win McNamee/Getty Images News/Getty Images

9. "Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love."

10. "At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love."

11. "I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant."

© 2020 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Words for peace.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
X
Wise words my dear friend Coyote! I especially like what your Ojibwa Grandmother taught you. In Judaism we are commanded to be happy, sadness is a sign of lack of faith--and indeed without faith the heart is much more fragile and susceptible to the assaults coming from all directions theses days. Thank you for sharing and making the world a better place one word at a time!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Judaism sound wise dear Kira. We must seek some happiness. Thank you for reading and the comment.



Reviews

Your grandmother was wise indeed. Thank you for sharing this great piece my friend.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you Levi for reading and the comment. I hope we learn. We need to gather as one people and one.. read more
Levi Levin

3 Years Ago

Very true my friend.
Love and hate are the eternal twin emotions of man; one always exists with the shadow of the other lurking not far behind. We are all open to love but equally adept at turning to hate when we are aggrieved. It's a flaw in the genetic composition of humanity. As much as we would like to lose all hate it is infinitely impossible to do so, but we should never stop trying. You ask strong questions of humanity here and make us reflect on our own answers. We can only hope that love tilts the balance of the scales in its favour over time. A most enjoyable read. 💛

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Marina. I am tire of the hateful people voices overtaking the kind and good people vo.. read more
Yes, every life is important and MLK had some great quotes that you have repeated here. Your grandmother taught you well. Will we ever live in a word free of hate? Only if we teach our children that every one is important...from the janitor to the president. From the server in a restaurant to the owner of that restaurant. Great thoughts here, John. Lydi**

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I pray daily for peace dear Lydia. Thank you for reading and the comment my friend.
When days are the darkest... the Stars shine the brightest... Amen... Pat

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Pat. I am praying for better days. I agree. After the darkest days, the light of hope.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
X
Wise words my dear friend Coyote! I especially like what your Ojibwa Grandmother taught you. In Judaism we are commanded to be happy, sadness is a sign of lack of faith--and indeed without faith the heart is much more fragile and susceptible to the assaults coming from all directions theses days. Thank you for sharing and making the world a better place one word at a time!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Judaism sound wise dear Kira. We must seek some happiness. Thank you for reading and the comment.
truthful words here, this is wonderful

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you my dear friend. We need a Martin Luther King Jr. today.
Just Kim

3 Years Ago

yes we do!!!
Indeed more wise teachings from your past shared now with an eye to the future of mankind. Your words are always sage and calm Coyote John

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you John. I hope you are doing well. I appreciate the comment my friend.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2020
Last Updated on October 12, 2020

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..