Fall, the falling leaves

Fall, the falling leaves

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Forgiveness is never easy.

"
Fall, the falling leaves

Once I ran away from sadness/heartbreak and I sought escape.
The running man can't run no-more.

Once fearless man learn, love was vengeance,
love would leave you bare and teach you to weep.

Now I see the fainting sun,
and regret, faces and places appear in dark dreams.

Old age had recline me into chaos and questions.
Do I forgive myself? Do I forgive the sins done to me in my backward life?

Do wounds stopped bleeding? Once I was the drunk poet and 
now I am the sober writer who live to paper, 
maybe seeking solitude?

I have become more Salinger than Hemingway.
But now, my lofty mind seeking proper ending.
The falling leave, the song of Autumn is teaching me.

I must forgive. 
Reopen bled-out wounds,
repair walls of separation.

Am I brave enough?
Love had saved me and regret had slowed me down.
I know now.

Love and hate can't be held in one heart.
The mind need to learn.
Release the hurt and allow the love in.

Closed doors, if we don't open.
Will be forever locked.
And we will languished in things,
we should of done and said.

Maybe today,
I will seek places of regret.
Maybe tears may fall,
maybe I can find forgiveness?

Dancing Coyote

© 2020 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Old man words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Coyote John you have penned a wonderful self examination of one who sees the years slip past and regrets that done and that yet not complete. You write this in a wise voice and I simply adore that line "I have become more Salinger than Hemingway." Beautiful music too!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

One of the great songs and singer. Thank you John for reading and the comment my friend.



Reviews

Lots of regret...I think sometimes we live for it...we embrace it, feel we deserve it.
But not so much true...
Your comparison of Hemingway and Salinger reminded me of the movie Finding Forrester...
and how his character was based on Salinger...the recluse...the more sober writer trying to make sense of his life...and what made him not write a second book.
love this one.
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Salinger kept writing. They say he wrote many books, won't be release for 50 years after his death. .. read more
'Love and hate can't be held in one heart.
The mind need to learn.'

This is my favorite line and I think you tell a wonderful poem about examining yourself as time flies past. It gives off such a golden atmosphere, like walking through the trees in fall.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. Old age allowed us to think and maybe understand.
You must forgive yourself. We all do things when we are young that we regret when we are older. We are human....we are not perfect. The fact you can see the mistakes you made now as you are more mature means you have grown....and the world will forgive you if you forgive yourself. I think we all see things differently as we age. Great introspection here, John. Lydi**

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Lydia. I agree my friend.
nothing more graceful than gracefully admit that the leaves eventually fall down.
without all the years and years of rejuvenations of these colorful, gracious leaves wouldn't even be here.
one of many things we can say "we've been there, done that", however, can the follow up generations attempt to say anything close to that, like "i will be there, i will do that"?
graciously captured, thank you.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. The leave will fall and if we are lucky. We will become wiser.
Coyote John you have penned a wonderful self examination of one who sees the years slip past and regrets that done and that yet not complete. You write this in a wise voice and I simply adore that line "I have become more Salinger than Hemingway." Beautiful music too!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

One of the great songs and singer. Thank you John for reading and the comment my friend.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 16, 2020
Last Updated on October 16, 2020

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


It rained today It rained today

A Poem by Gee