The Island- Chapter twelve

The Island- Chapter twelve

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

One more chapter.

"
                         The Island- Chapter twelve
I watched Lily walk away and I loved how she moved. She moved her hips very gently and her bare feet embraced the grass softly. She turned to me and she smiled. Gave me a wave and she wandered away. Lana had escaped already and I wandered to the painting and I heard Nicole voice. She told me. Lana doesn't like people to observe her work till she is done. I turned to her and I whispered. I didn't look dear Nicole. She looked so beautiful. She changed to white cotton Summer dress, showing off tan shoulders and beautiful tan strong legs. She smiled and she told me. This is a good thing dear Johnnie. I hope you are hungry. Celeste and Magdalena always create a wonderful meal. They are the Island's chefs. They use the Big Water fish and the produce they planted with their own hands. Always a treat. He held silence and he looked at her face. She had the face of the ancient goddesses, who stole men hearts. Gave some men salvation and some some men hell kiss. 

She walked toward him and she kissed his face-cheeks first and his lips last. She questioned him. Are you seeking question? or are you seeking the vast sea of the unknown? A quiet poet. This is very dangerous. Do you have a question for me? He wrapped his arms around her and he whispered to her. Wise men don't ask questions. If this is a dream, I want this dream to last forever. She smiled and she whispered. A wise poet. When we appreciate the good days, the good dreams, we can taste utopia without seeking the payment of too much knowledge. Time to go. The ladies like timeliness and they want long talk, not silence dear Johnnie. On the Island. We need the kind strangers allowed here, to befriend us and show us the view of our world today. Few of us leave the Island. We learned, many moons ago. The new world. Messy and ugly. The Island, safe place for us who became forgotten and orphans.

I held her hand and we walked to Celeste and Magdalena cottage. I saw two beautiful young women. Hair of darkness and eyes of gold.  They hurry toward them. Nicole stopped and she whispered. Be careful. Jerzy called these girls the forest Nymphs and we love them so. I heard Zeus beloved them by the Greece sea and he blessed them with the taste of ambrosia. They danced for him, bare-a*s and free. Luna found them alone near the sea. They were praying for death. Their world was gone. Rome killed off, Greece lost, the old world became cold and men had create so much war and hate. Luna sang to them for days. She promised them safe place and beautiful lake. They could dance and sing to the old gods still. Both women embraced Nicole and me. Nicole introduced Carina, our wild hair blessing and she introduced Jayne Saschia. Jayne liked to be called. Wild rose. He told them, I am glad to meet you ladies. You are a afternoon blessing to see. Both were lightly dressed, showing rebust bodies, bare-feet and smiles of angels. I fell in love with the both of them. Carina told Saschia, I told you the poets, can make you fall in love with them. The sad part. the poets don't seek love, only kisses and knowledge. Saschia touched his face and she kissed his forehead and she told Carina. He taste okay and I believe, he is safe. They laughed and smiled. Carina told him, tonight at midnight, we will steal you for a hour or two. We will share some coffee and we can have great conversation. Tonight a good moon and a clear sky. The early Summer is so wonderful and we love to dance with the Big Water. I smiled and he told them. I look forward to this kind ladies. They laughed and they embraced Nicole and him. They wandered away. Nicole told him. They never walk, they dance. I watched the beautiful women dance away and I told her. You are right dear Nicole.

Celeste was waiting for them at a large table loaded with cooked fish, cut vegetables and homemade sauces. She saw them and she rose-up. She went to them and she gave them both a long hug. She told them. I am so glad you could come, I know you are busy and you must leave tomorrow Johnnie. Me and Magdalena wanted to share some food and we could talk. Celeste told me last month. The dark poet is coming to us. I told her, not the dark poet yet dear Celeste. Just seeking peace in the madness. I felt a touch on his shoulder and a hard and kind embrace. I turned and Magdalena was standing near. She had long black hair, coffee brown eyes and the sweetest voice. She wore a light cotton dress, braless and the sun-light showed her perfect body. She said hello dear Johnnie. I hope you are hungry and ready to talk. Time with Lana, the painter, should make you need some conversation. She loved her silence when she is working. I told her. I am hungry and I looked forward to our brunch.

We sat down. I had Celeste to his right and Magdalena to my left. Nicole sat across from us. Nicole told them. As always, food fit for a goddess. The two women smiled and Magdalena told her. Dear Nicole, please come see us often. We love your company. Jerzy and Nick lack good conversation sometimes. We need a woman voice and her song. Please bring Lana too. Please tell Lana. I will poise for her if she come to my cottage and we can drink the ambrosia wine. Nicole told them. We will come more often my dear friends. They turned to me and Celeste whispered. Time to eat the fish when hot, we can talk after. She poured the wine and Nicole told us. I will do a prayer.

"Thank you dear earth,
for the good food, for the good drink.
Thank you for the good company.
Allow us to live a thousand years,
having the Big Water near,
be able to hear good song and know peace.
We do appreciate you kind water, earth and the sky."

After the prayer. They ate in silence. The food was fit for a God. Perfect use of spices and the boneless fish melted in your mouth. After the meal. I told the ladies. The greatest meal, I ever ate.  They laughed at my words and Nicole told them. Time for us to go to the Big Water.  We will burn some white sage by old rocks. If you are lucky Johnnie. The ladies will sing a song or two for you. Magdalena told him. Johnnie, we only sing songs if the new story teller, tell us a tale or two. He smiled and told them. I will do my best.

They sat on the ancient rocks. Nicole prepared the rocks, she set-up the small tipi of clay and the sage. Magdalena brought tea and some cups. I observed the three  beautiful ladies. All were strong in face and you could see they had lived a long life and they understood more then he did. Celeste came to me. Please shared the reason you are here. Nick found your gun and he told us. You guys destroyed the gun. With Nick, no secrets. He liked few people, he is a quiet soul. He told us. You were cool, didn't lie and you had true face. He is looking forward to the day, you can return to the Island and stay with us. I asked her. Why can't I stay now? I am in chaos and confusion. I have create only sadness and I had greed tightly. Celeste hugged him and she whispered. Once I believe I could create change. I learn by cutting and adding to fabric of life. Life will fall where life suppose to. Me and Magdalena had danced upon the earth for a long time. Life is doing our best and we must save, who we can. Dear Johnnie. Your thread of life caught Morning star attention. We hope we can befriend you and you can dance upon the earth awhile. Your story had just began. The Island accepted you and Luna brought you to us. 

I told her. I have caused  more pain than sweetness. I have been tunnel vision in my goals. I bury my second brother without a goodbye. I feel the burden of speaking hard words only. I learn too late. All men and women are not like me. They need more or want less. I should of been, a place of safety, a friend. Not a teacher only. Celeste kissed his face and she whispered. Life is lesson, more lessons and more lessons. Maybe now you have learn. Be kind, listen and find the places of love. I believe you will save many and you will be saved often. Morningstar told us. She will keep you on the right path. He laid his head into her breasts and tears fell. She caressed his hair and face. She sang a quiet song.

"Little coyote,
always seeking, always looking.
The little coyote,
will sing to the moon,
dance for the stars.
He must seek peace in the storm of life.
Brave heart, strong mind and kindness.
We must know."

Nicole spoke aloud. Time to burn the white sage. The Big Water is dancing for us. She took the sage, lite the sage. She moved in a dance-like movement around us. She told the water, the sky and the earth.

"Thank you Big water for befriended us.
Thank you kind earth for feeding us the gifts of the green,
thank you kind sky, for the warm sun and the dancing moon.
Please help us know peace and understanding.
Thank you for my good friends near,
thank you for create safe place for us to gather.
As one. Seeking calmness and hope."

She put the sage into the tipi. She smiled and she asked. What are your plans ladies? Celeste told them. We will drink Jerzy's ambrosia wine and gather together at 8 pm. Tonight the gift of Alisa Fineman beautiful voice will bless our hearts. Magdalena looked at him and she told . Don't worry dear Johnnie. One day, you will return to us. You will have the greatest stories to tell us. You will learn the great lesson. Save one person, you find your heart. Save many people, you will find your soul. Nicole told them. We must leave kind ladies and thank you for the wonderful meal. We must get dress and Jerzy expect Johnnie early. Jerzy love the conversation. I thanks  Celeste and Magdalena and they came to me. Gave me  long hugs and many kisses. He was bright red and he held silence. Magdalena said. We create a miracle, a quiet poet and they escaped back to their cottage.

He walked hand in hand with Nicole to their cottage. She asked me. Are you okay? He smiled and he told her. If this is a dreams. I hope the dream is everlasting. She embraced him tightly, kissed my face and she whispered. Dreams and real life. Dancing on a thread of hope. Maybe we can have more hope dear Johnnie. I whispered. Thank you my dearest Nicole.
Dancing Coyote


© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
New chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on December 16, 2020
Last Updated on February 2, 2021


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing