The writing on the wall

The writing on the wall

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

I saw the ending, at the beginning.

"
                                The writing on the wall
Did we love? Did we steal from each other? Did we loan kisses? If we did. I would steal and loan a thousand more kisses from you my Gypsy gal. If I could.
I met her on hot Texas Summer day and I adored her wild looking hazel eyes. I studied the lines of brown and gray in the wildness of dancing green. She asked me. Soldier, what are looking at? I told her.
I am falling into your eyes of green, your face of a angel and the questions in your words. You are the most beautiful thing I ever saw. You make the Texas heat hotter and I need to drink the coldest beer in Austin with you.
She smiled a Devilish smile and she whispered in my wanting ear. If you dance with the devil. He never loses. He just takes, steal, borrow and take more. Leaving you wanting more. Can you read the writing on wall brave soldier? Some women are murderers of love, kindness and dreams. I will brake your heart.
I put my hands into her long auburn hair, allowed my fingers to entwine in her flowing hair and I told her.  Talk with me, walk with me. Drink with me, dance with me. We don't need to seek love. Maybe we can seek comfort, a kind voice and tender hands on our skin. Maybe we can feel alive for a moment, maybe a lifetime? My Gypsy girl, you can't break my heart. My old heart been broken a thousand times and cannot be repaired.
She laughed at my words my words, She wrapped her arms around me. Kissed my face, kissed my lips and my neck. I smelled strawberries in her hair and I loved the feel of her body near. She looked at my face and she traced my face with tender fingers. She whispered. I see a thousand journeys in your eyes. I see great sadness and in your voice. You talk brave and relentless. You like to feel the misery of love kiss. Even when love burned the soul.
I told her. It is noon and we can drive to the sea. We can drink and drink till we are careless. We can dance  on the sandy beach and maybe you can tell me some tales of wild and crazy days. Maybe we can create some better ones?
She kissed me softly, she kissed me hard. She told me. You made my sleeping heart, wish and hope. Maybe we can buy some Johnnie walker red and ice-up some good beer. We don't need the dark taverns. I would love the ocean, the feel of the sea against my feet, my skin. Maybe I will give you a midnight dance?
I smiled and I told her. Old Dodge truck is near and I have three days off from the Army. The sea is calling your name my Gypsy gal. I would be honored to have you company, if you like? 
She smiled and she told me. Let's go to my place, gather some things and you and I. We can find the sea and maybe tempt love?
Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

so romantic .. who can resist green Gypsy eyes? ... the tension is palpable and the love play between your two characters ... she must have made quite the impression on that Soldier ... what better setting than Texas .. in the heat and dust ... planning on a trip to the Gulf ... your "The writing on the wall" got my blood moving Coyote! She's a heart breaker but caution be thrown to the wind ;)
E.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Those wild gals were too tempting in Texas. They decided if you were lucky or not. Thank you my fri.. read more
Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

ahahaha well of course the were John .. women always have the say .. barring criminal intent



Reviews

Who said romance is dead? A romantic write John and so real to read like it just happened. Excellent writing John.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you Andrew. I appreciate the comment.
This a very romantic piece. I love the way It flows and how the relationship develops..At first, I thought she would blow him off, but then there was some magic in the air for both and the ending was lovely and peaceful as the sea can be sometimes....nice write ,
Best, Betty

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Betty Hermelee

3 Years Ago

That doesn’t answer it!
Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

You can call me John. Real name.
Betty Hermelee

3 Years Ago

Thanks John!


........... this is beautiful, just as so many of your poems ultimately are Johnnie C .. you have just given me something of a yearning for strawberry scented shampoo ......... Cheers my friend .. Neville

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Hello my friend Neville. Perfumed hair. Always a pleasure and thank you for reading and the comment.
Neville

3 Years Ago


........................ pleasure's all mine ..
You are the master of poetic story telling

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Hello my good friend. I appreciate the comment. Happy New year and I hope you are doing well.
This is wonderful, enjoyed this

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you my dear friend for reading and the comment. I need a year near the sea.
so romantic .. who can resist green Gypsy eyes? ... the tension is palpable and the love play between your two characters ... she must have made quite the impression on that Soldier ... what better setting than Texas .. in the heat and dust ... planning on a trip to the Gulf ... your "The writing on the wall" got my blood moving Coyote! She's a heart breaker but caution be thrown to the wind ;)
E.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Those wild gals were too tempting in Texas. They decided if you were lucky or not. Thank you my fri.. read more
Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

ahahaha well of course the were John .. women always have the say .. barring criminal intent

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 8, 2021
Last Updated on January 8, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing