A wing and a prayer

A wing and a prayer

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

May-days poem three.

"
                          A wing and a prayer
He told the Lake St. Clair. We become, who suppose become. Hell-bound life can lead us to place of peace. He told the lady of the lake. Kind and pretty lady, we can be cursed, we can be broken and we are not done. Did I do enough? Was I, kind to the people near? Did I respect the water, the earth and the sky?

Beautiful Carla told me. Us, who love words, we learn what George Peele wrote.
"What thing is love?
For love is a thing. 
It is a prick,
it is a sting.
It is a pretty, pretty thing."
We can do what we can and we are riding on a wing and a prayer. Flying freely and hoping we can land on our feet. In the end, a good life. Loving many, laughing and singing children at our feet and understanding. We need to be kind, we need to teach love, not chaos. This is one earth and one people. Everyone matters in our world. Johnnie, you did good. You left good soil and strong children. This is all we can do.

I took her hand and we walked to the Witch tree by the lake. I told her. I love the Witch tree, she is reaching for the sky and the water. Her many branches reaching for the sky, the water. A blessing to behold. Dear Carla. You are a beautiful to behold. You are built of good days and bad days. And you stood your ground.

She smiled and she laughed. She told me. Today we burn sage and we will drink watermelon wine. We will dance with Lake St. Clair and you will write words upon my skin. Burning words to make my slumbering heart and mind come alive. You and I know. We are dancing on a wing and a prayer. Hoping we can find kind faces, soft voices and kind hearts to make our journey easy and nice. We will do fine. We are kindred spirit seeking the sameness. More laughter, more good day and maybe love can save us.

Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
May-days poem three

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes - hopefully love can save us. What kind, gentle words and ideas.

Take care - Dave

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Love can Dave and thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
to me this more like a story where we take hope and prayer and move forward, right now i'm struggling with my need for prayer and hope and move forwarded, good read thank you for sharing.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

You are in my prayers Mauricio and thank you reading and the comment my friend.
Mauricio Montoya

2 Years Ago

thanks i need that you too take care and be safe.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 5, 2021
Last Updated on May 5, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing