God bless the USA.

God bless the USA.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

May-days poetry four

"
                       God bless the USA

Old Texas man told me once. We ain't perfect, we sometimes, we don't get along. But we walk on the dirt of the USA. We can decide our path and we can be somebody in the land of the free. You are a soldier and I was a soldier. I fought in the Korea dirt and I would do again. When you see our flag. It is honored by the lost of great men and women. Freedom cost a lot. New world had forgot. White men, black men and Native Americans had fought so our children can know freedom. Here in Texas. The flag is honored still.

"The colors of the pales (the vertical stripes) are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."

I was a soldier and I am proud to be a United State citizen. I have stood with strong men and women. We were willingly to walk into hell, so our children could be free. I have lost many friends to war and I have cried tears for them. Freedom isn't free. Many brave men and women gave everything for the red, white and blue.

I wish we could learn like a soldier's know. We are one people and one world. They is color, no religion and no race in the military. We would stand next to our brother soldiers in the good days and the bad days. Us soldiers, we celebrate together, we pray together and we fought as one.

I was blessed by great mentor in the Army. I tried to be a mentor to the young soldiers. If a soldier was suffering. Needed money, need kind words, needed a friend. We would raise them up and show them. They did not walk alone. I wish my world would learn.

Every child is a blessing, freedom isn't free and don't give her away. Soldiers do not love war, they want a safe place for their children to live, they want a country. That understand. USA is the land of the free. We must seek equal ground. Where we can stand as one. One, in the goal that our children can be anyone and do anything without walls and barriers. 

I know USA is struggling and I know. We will get-up and be stronger and wiser.

Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

WOW!!! Very nicely written.

White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."

Love this part, straight to the facts. Nicely written

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Kerra. I am tire of the anger, the violence. We need to slow down and be kind to each.. read more
Kerra

2 Years Ago

Yes I feel that too, but that is like preaching to a choir, some are always off key
Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

You are right dear Kerra.



Reviews

WOW!!! Very nicely written.

White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."

Love this part, straight to the facts. Nicely written

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Kerra. I am tire of the anger, the violence. We need to slow down and be kind to each.. read more
Kerra

2 Years Ago

Yes I feel that too, but that is like preaching to a choir, some are always off key
Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

You are right dear Kerra.
One people, one world, one ideal, peace and love.

I remember when we felt that was the key.

So much discord now...this poem is like a soothing ointment to that feeling.

j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I remember those days Jacob. We need to gather as one people. To ensure our children are safe and so.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2021
Last Updated on May 6, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing