The fingerprints

The fingerprints

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

May days poetry- Number seven.

"
                      The fingerprints
I washed the blankets and I washed the sheets. I opened the Window wide and the damn cold air awoke my memory of you. On a September night in the Fall, you brought your clothing, your toothbrush and your womanly things into my house. You promised me forever and I remember you, laying nude on my bed, waiting for me to fall into your skin, your mouth and those dark brown eyes. I saw the tapestry of chaos in your smile. I knew you were just seeking shelter and I was the safest place you could find.
Now the March cold days are here. You had packed your clothing, tossed away the old toothbrush and left your womanly things abandon in my bathroom. You gave me a lasting kiss and you walked out the door. You didn't look back as the street stole your memory away from me.
Now I put the womanly things in a box and every item I touched. I feel your hands dancing upon my skin. I told the night, damn the fingerprints stuck upon my skin, my mouth and my mind. I remembered your pale skin and your wanting words. Johnnie, love is loan kisses and midnight dances. No-one can love forever. We are too greedy and we always want more and more.
Now I am surrounded by a million fingerprints. Now the million words said in just,  make me want to escape. I looked to the rising moon and I told her. I knew Jenny would, I knew Jenny was myth and tale. I wanted to taste pain, sweat and the deadly sweetness of her mouth, I wanted to fall into the warmth of her soft skin and I knew. Those dark brown eyes would break my heart one day.
Now I am trying to erase days and nights of the her. And I know. Tattoos fingerprints on yearning skin, willing kisses received are permanent scars remembered. We become a leftover memory on the white walls of rooms that keep our secrets.
The fingerprints are everywhere and I see them dancing around me. I tell the night. Thank you for teaching me the sweet hello and the deadly goodbye. I know we must know both to had lived.
Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Deadly goodbyes leave great pain in their wake. Give the heart a kicking. Not easy to forget. Even years later coming back to haunt us. A sad tale. What a contrast between a sweet hello and a deadly goodbye. Thank you Coyote. Kind hearts don't leave with a deadly goodbye. Heartbreak here.

Chriis

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Chris. The deadly goodbye are never forgotten.



Reviews

Some just leave that imprint that can't be erased.
Sometimes this lets you loose on the world to put your own imprint out there, though that little memory still lingers.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

You are right Paul and thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Knowing both to have lived... is easy on my mind... the rhyme of passion... where kisses tell a tale of surrendering under a full Moon and lingering like lavender blue dreams. tenderly, Pat

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Pat for reading and the comment. Moon and the lavender dreams, we do need.
"love is loan kisses and midnight dances". Romantic but sad words that ring true. The mention of fingerprints took a slightly (same but different) meaning for me because
of the lyrics to a song I'd heard once by R Dean Taylor "ghost in my house".

*Little did I realize at the time my special someone was telling me goodbye before he actually said the words.

Loved your poem, Coyote. I'm glad I got to read it. And remind myself that same lesson :
"teaching me the sweet hello and the deadly goodbye. I know we must know both to had lived".




Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

We do learn the sweetness of love and the pain of the goodbye. Thank you for reading and the comment.. read more
Oh my
Oh my
Oh wow
Words cannot express how this made me feel
I had a few different love affairs several years after splitting up in 2oo5 from my marriage
This brought it back
Thanks 🙏
Beautiful write
Love Leonard Cohen too !

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Julie. I lived in the eighties and the nights of the one night stands. Love was alway.. read more
Julie McCarthy (juliespenhere)

2 Years Ago

Thanks coyote
I lived in the eighties but was married busy having kids miscarriages Gettin.. read more
Deadly goodbyes leave great pain in their wake. Give the heart a kicking. Not easy to forget. Even years later coming back to haunt us. A sad tale. What a contrast between a sweet hello and a deadly goodbye. Thank you Coyote. Kind hearts don't leave with a deadly goodbye. Heartbreak here.

Chriis

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Chris. The deadly goodbye are never forgotten.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 7, 2021
Last Updated on May 7, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..