Once we had the Elvis songs.

Once we had the Elvis songs.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

May-days poetry- Number eight and The great Elvis Presley song.

"
                             Once we had the Elvis songs...
Hello girl, it Johnnie in Michigan and I am sorry to call you at at Midnight hours. The drink is wearing me down and I am listening to Elvis Presley songs tonight and I miss you. I miss you so. Do you miss me?
Daniela held silence for a few seconds and she asked me. Johnnie, dear Johnnie. Are you alright? You only miss me at 3 am and when you are drinking. It is cold in Germany and I listening to the records you left me. The Elvis songs and Leonard Cohen songs remind me. I knew love once and we danced the slow dance on cold Winter day, you and I. We were babies and we were not wise enough to know love wasn't forever. Darling, I miss you and I want you to be happy. Hell raising and drinking will lead you to a hell-bound ending. No-one want a sad man. Please find something to make you smile again, laugh again.
I whispered to her. Once we had the Elvis songs and the wealth of innocence. Are we destine to become older and colder? The tapestry of life took me away from you and today. I would give everything away to be able to dance with you, kiss your lips and look into beautiful eyes one more time. You were my first safe harbour in a mess-up life.
She told me. Johnnie, Johnnie. We were lucky for a moment in time. We had our youth and we fell into the abyss of love, fearless and brave. We can be babies for a short time and now you can write a story of a sweet love that was kind, sweet and wonderful. We can listen to the Elvis songs and remember. We honored love once and someday. We shall meet and we will talk of the things we done and saw. We will laugh at the children we were. We were crazy in love once. I must go to sleep Johnnie, please call me when the sun in out. I always have time for you. Goodbye dear Johnnie.
The phone was silence and Elvis is singing in the back ground. I walked outside, allowed the cold wind of Winter to awake my sleeping mind. I told the cold night air, goodbye dear Daniela. I will see you in sweet dreams.
                                    Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Love across the miles. Distance causes problems, but you never forget the safest of harbours when you are in the middle of a storm. First loves, they never go. They drift with you through life. Mine does. So enjoyed my friend.

Love Unchained melody and Wooden Heart still makes me cry.

Chris

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

The old songs make us remember things lost dear Chris and thank you for reading and the comment.



Reviews

Love across the miles. Distance causes problems, but you never forget the safest of harbours when you are in the middle of a storm. First loves, they never go. They drift with you through life. Mine does. So enjoyed my friend.

Love Unchained melody and Wooden Heart still makes me cry.

Chris

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

The old songs make us remember things lost dear Chris and thank you for reading and the comment.
I closed my eyes and open it again, then those memories of love rushed in.
No one that has been there will ever remember to forget those moments.

Well pictured, Coyote.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. We cannot forget the good days.
Me Da was a man of very few words but one thing he told me was "Son, you can never go back" ... of course I was to young to understand the truth of that .. and always revisit my old haunts when I am back that way ... and of course Da was spot on ... again ... every time ... we can't go back .. its never the same ;) love your work with Elvis in this one John!
E.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I like to listen to Elvis, Tom Jones and Everly brothers. No-one can copy their.. read more
Einstein Noodle

2 Years Ago

that's a fact Jack! ;)
I still enjoy listening to his songs

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Me too dear friend. No-one sing like Elvis.
we never forget our first safe harbor...that woman, always in our hearts.

and Elvis....I still listen to his old stuff...I was 6 when he came out and had all his 45's---my godparents would get those for me.
I had no love in my life then....but still have those memories of listening to him in my room in our five-story apartment in the Bronx.
you brought back memories.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

He take me back too. Only one Elvis. Thank you Jacob for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Love love ❤️ this dear John
Your writing is so close up and personal
Like a love letter in a phone call
Loved reading it
Ps also Elvis and Leonard always loved! ❤️

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Julie McCarthy (juliespenhere)

2 Years Ago

I love so many singers
Songs
Bands
Countless
I think music is Essent.. read more
Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Me too dear Julie. I love the music.
Julie McCarthy (juliespenhere)

2 Years Ago

I was thi king the other day what I would miss most when dead apart from
My family
It.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 9, 2021
Last Updated on May 10, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing