Mirrored soul

Mirrored soul

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

May-day poetry number fifteen.

"
                            Mirrored soul
The half-drunk poet told the beloved night. I saw the veil of heaven and I have tasted death breathe. I am the son of the forest, the water and the sky. Now my shattered vision know only envy, hate and wrong deeds. In the dark tavern, the mirrored soul sing the oldest  and saddest songs.
"Merry men shall go, merry men shall seek dangerous women, merry men will seek war and hell-bound dance. Merrily men will taste blood, death and turmoil. He will learn too late. He should of sought peace and calm, not war."
He looked at the stranger's face in the tavern's mirror and he remembered a starry eye girl with a soft and silky voice telling him. Please quit the Army, be my love and we can find tranquil solitude.
His macabre of be brave had led him to a self-made tomb. The revolving years had taught him. He should of love more and with great gladness. He should of kept love safe and warm. Blindly he lived and he lay in the refuge of things never to be. Forgotten in the lost and found of life.
Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

at least you had the courage to look into that mirror lots of folks never do my friend lot of folks never do!

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you Robert for reading and the comment. Our real face can make us wonder. What did we become?
The soul can get lost and be found. It can be a refugee or found a home to rest. Yours found love and adventure to be worthy and fulfilling sir. I liked the overall aspects of this poem.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you Sami for reading and the comment. I agree my friend.
Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

You are welcome sir Coyote.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2021
Last Updated on May 15, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing